Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

I think the school is doing more to ensure these are sold out. First noticed it with 7k at the Colgate game (up from Cornell at 5k which is def a bigger draw though not home coming) to then the series of sellouts from 2010 onward (umass-lowell, penn state, SLU, Michigan, BC). Most of those schools would not be a big draw to the casual fan
    RIT Tigers
    Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
    Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

How about this:

RIT offered me free tickets to the Penn State and SLU games for my RIT volunteer work over the prior year. Starting last year with Michigan, that wasn't an option any more. This year I could get Dr. Gupta or the Alumni Ball, no homecoming game.

So the question here is this: is the reason they don't need to give away tickets to ensure a sellout because we were playing Michigan and BC, or because the event has just gotten more popular as the years go on? We'll find out next year, I guess.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
        I would hazard a guess that many of the attendees are coming at least in part because it was Michigan and BC (recently). Yes, they are there to support RIT but I am guess a fair amount might not attend if the opponent was (to use other's examples) SLU or (especially) Bowling Green.
        Exactly the reason I made the trek from the So Tier, and frankly wouldn't drive 2 hours to see RIT play lesser competition. However, I appreciate quality hockey, and don't want a gimme for homecoming. I was obviously in the minority ... the typical Brick City attendee wants only to see RIT win. It's good seeing an ex-rival D3 program moving up and onward.

P.S. If RIT hadn't given up so many odd man rushes, and had the wingers played any defense whatsover during the middle 30 minutes, the score would have been much more respectable.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
          P.S. If RIT hadn't given up so many odd man rushes, and had the wingers played any defense whatsover during the middle 30 minutes, the score would have been much more respectable.
          The back checking was pretty much non-existent. I'm not sure if they were frustrated at being repeatedly shut down in the offensive zone, but the odd man breaks are where BC shined.
          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
            The back checking was pretty much non-existent. I'm not sure if they were frustrated at being repeatedly shut down in the offensive zone, but the odd man breaks are where BC shined.
            I think the problem was so many of our guys felt outclassed and outskilled, and were. The only players that played up to their normal game were Garbowsky and the Norrish twins, maybe Macgowan too. Our big physical line with Thompson were so outclassed they just spent entire shifts hemmed in their own zone and lacked opportunities to even get a good backcheck going. Things like backchecking and forechecking are going to be the first to suffer when playing a faster, better team.
            RIT

Comment

I remember one play where Hanifin took the puck away from Garbowsky quite easily and thinking to myself, "If they can do that to one of our best, this is not going to go well." Of course, Hanifin is projected to go as high as third overall in the next NHL draft (He's 17). BC's blueliners were some of the best I have seen play against RIT. Matheson is a first round pick, Santini is a second round pick, McCoshen second round, etc.

Comment

Yet another special jersey: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...020145629.aspx
                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Saturating the market, aren't we? How many game-worn nontraditional jerseys can the fanbase purchase?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                    Don't expect to see Caleb Cameron in the lineup for a while, saw him on campus today and one of his hands was in a cast.
                    Per the D&C, out at least 4 weeks. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...eron/17668275/

The RIT men's hockey team will be without sophomore forward Caleb Cameron for at least four weeks.

Cameron broke his hand lifting weights last week and will be sidelined at least four weeks.
                    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                    Men's Frozen Four 2010
                    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                      Saturating the market, aren't we? How many game-worn nontraditional jerseys can the fanbase purchase?

Powers &8^]
                      The benefit of being a collegiate team is that you see a huge turnover in fanbase every year, which means lots of new customers on top of those who just like to collect jerseys. I'm sure many of us spending time on the forum here have more than one RIT jersey...

Although I will say that another camo jersey doesn't excite me. I've already got the Wounded Warriors one the women auctioned off, so count me as someone not interested in this years offering.
                      RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                        The benefit of being a collegiate team is that you see a huge turnover in fanbase every year, which means lots of new customers on top of those who just like to collect jerseys. I'm sure many of us spending time on the forum here have more than one RIT jersey...

Although I will say that another camo jersey doesn't excite me. I've already got the Wounded Warriors one the women auctioned off, so count me as someone not interested in this years offering.
                        I still don't have a player worn jersey just two generics. I came close to winning the MacClean 'tony the tiger' at auction last weekend, but I wasn't going over my final bid of $160 for that thing. . .
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

To get back to scheduling for a moment, there is a 3 part story on USCHO regarding scheduling.

Also, what I don't think is realized is that many of the OOC games are set up at least a year or 2 in advance. Unless RIT gets somewhat close to where they were a couple years ago and be at least top 4 AHA, these games do little for teams like Michigan and Boston College where NCAA tournament bids if not Frozen Fours are expected and games count towards pairwise. A losing RIT team hurts their RPI or could conceivably have this game not counted towards that. When has a team like AIC seen a BC or Michigan play them, much less play them close to them.
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Does anyone know how healthy RIT will be for tonights line-up?
                            R I T HOCKEY
                            Frozen Four
                            Elite Eight
                            NCAA Tournament
                            2010-2015-2016
                            RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                              Does anyone know how healthy RIT will be for tonights line-up?
                              AFAIK Schuler and Cameron are the only injuries, though Miller is still recovering and may be limited if he dresses.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                                To get back to scheduling for a moment, there is a 3 part story on USCHO regarding scheduling.

Also, what I don't think is realized is that many of the OOC games are set up at least a year or 2 in advance. Unless RIT gets somewhat close to where they were a couple years ago and be at least top 4 AHA, these games do little for teams like Michigan and Boston College where NCAA tournament bids if not Frozen Fours are expected and games count towards pairwise. A losing RIT team hurts their RPI or could conceivably have this game not counted towards that. When has a team like AIC seen a BC or Michigan play them, much less play them close to them.
                                RIT is not big on guarantees and would rather have a reciprocal arrangement.

Looking back, I think Huntsville always offered $$ to come there even back in the D-III days. Other than that, I'm pretty sure the Minnesota tournament in 2007 (and this year) involved a payment of at least travel expenses, as probably was also the case with the the Maverick Stampede in Omaha in 2010-11 and the Wisconsin series in 2011-12 . Minnesota State in 2009-10 might have involved a guarantee since there was a never a reciprocal.

Niagara seems more interested in guarantees, doing Notre Dame and North Dakota this season. They did Michigan last year with no reciprocal (they also did Denver, but that coincided with one game at Air Force, so Denver was doing Niagara a favor). Off the top of my head, Niagara has gone to Michigan State and played in the Minnesota Tournament since joining AHA. Mercyhurst and Air Force like to do one of the Alaska tournaments almost every year since they get a guarantee and the games are exempt from the NCAA limit of 34.

Like Wilson, I'd rather get the reciprocal that take the money, with two exceptions for selfish reasons - An Alaska trip as well as a series at North Dakota since I'd get to cross those off my list.

Comment

Working...
                                X