Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Originally posted by kwh7433 View Post
    If this is true, then what the hell is Wilson thinking? Why intentionally play down people if you have the bodies even if somehow the freshmen made lots of mistakes (not saying they did.) One thing I noticed Saturday was that Kuqali and Shumway do not compliment each other well at all. I felt like their line was really weak together but on Friday when each were paired with a Norrish twin the lines were great. The Norrishs went hard for every puck and look forward to having them for four years.

Like some people said we looked gassed at the end of the game, and maybe not intentionally playing short would have helped in this regard.
    Gene Battaglia tweeted that it was because the four had missed a team meeting https://twitter.com/GeneBattaglia/st...71325016629248
    Still a mistake but not a "game" mistake like a giveaway or anything.

Comment

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post
      Gene Battaglia tweeted that it was because the four had missed a team meeting https://twitter.com/GeneBattaglia/st...71325016629248
      Still a mistake but not a "game" mistake like a giveaway or anything.
      Hard to say if that's a mistake they should sit out a game for. Especially because it hurts their teammates and could have even led to an injury. On the other hand, Wayne needs to make it clear that the players have obligations to the team, and missing meetings is not acceptable. I don't envy our players; they have to balance school, hockey, and social lives. Missing a meeting for school reasons might be more understandable, but one wonders if they are student-athletes or athlete-students.

Edit: Reading the tweet, it seems that the players were sat because they were late for a meeting, not that they missed a meeting.
      RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
        Hard to say if that's a mistake they should sit out a game for. Especially because it hurts their teammates and could have even led to an injury. On the other hand, Wayne needs to make it clear that the players have obligations to the team, and missing meetings is not acceptable. I don't envy our players; they have to balance school, hockey, and social lives. Missing a meeting for school reasons might be more understandable, but one wonders if they are student-athletes or athlete-students.

Edit: Reading the tweet, it seems that the players were sat because they were late for a meeting, not that they missed a meeting.
        Coach Wilson has rules, you break them you sit, no matter who it is, what game it is, or even if that means the team plays without a full roster. It sends the team a clear message. You're not getting away with crap. I really like that about him. Hopefully the freshman learned quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTown View Post
          Coach Wilson has rules, you break them you sit, no matter who it is, what game it is, or even if that means the team plays without a full roster. It sends the team a clear message. You're not getting away with crap. I really like that about him. Hopefully the freshman learned quickly.
          I'd agree as long as it wasn't hockey > school. That being said, I'm sure the team is reasonable and wouldn't punish someone for skipping a meeting while they were in class or taking a test.
          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
            I'd agree as long as it wasn't hockey > school. That being said, I'm sure the team is reasonable and wouldn't punish someone for skipping a meeting while they were in class or taking a test.
            I'm pretty sure they missed the Saturday morning meeting before the game according to what I heard on the SportsZone broadcast, so any class/test excuses would be irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTown View Post
              I'm pretty sure they missed the Saturday morning meeting before the game according to what I heard on the SportsZone broadcast, so any class/test excuses would be irrelevant.
              What I heard from a parent is that an additional meeting was called after Friday's game for Saturday and 4 or 5 freshmen somehow missed the announcement so they were set to be at the rink at a certain time and were not aware they were supposed to be there earlier. If that's what happened, hard to say this is grounds for missing a game. I mean if one kid missed the announcement then he should bear the blame but 4 or 5? And they were all freshmen so not like they could have known what the routine was from previous years. If 5 players miss an announcement maybe you should look at how this information is being communicated - 5 players represents more than 20% of your line-up!

Comment

Originally posted by mexhockey View Post
                What I heard from a parent is that an additional meeting was called after Friday's game for Saturday and 4 or 5 freshmen somehow missed the announcement so they were set to be at the rink at a certain time and were not aware they were supposed to be there earlier. If that's what happened, hard to say this is grounds for missing a game. I mean if one kid missed the announcement then he should bear the blame but 4 or 5? And they were all freshmen so not like they could have known what the routine was from previous years. If 5 players miss an announcement maybe you should look at how this information is being communicated - 5 players represents more than 20% of your line-up!
                Not to mention that the freshmen all live together in sets of 4, which is why it makes sense for a group of them to miss it. Regardless this easily could have lost us the game (we will never know) and we know we always start off the season weak. It would a great boost to both the team and the ticket sales if they had come away with 4 points. This seems like too much of an overreaction. Thankfully it was out of conference

Comment

I have zero problem of Wilson sitting some players for, based upon the knowledge we have, being late to a team meeting. The team in the past couple of seasons has had internal issues and from what I hear, said issues have moved on to other phases in their lives. One of the last things this team needs is to let some freshman (or any other players) off easy for being late to a team meeting. That sends the wrong message of F up and there are no consequences. I would rather have players sit now and nip these kind of things (lack of focus) in the butt then to be lenient and have it get worse when conference play is in full swing. And the excuses that 4 of them missed a meeting so somehow that makes it OK is weak. The other 22-23 players managed to get there on time.
                  My Four Favorite teams:
                  RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                  Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Quick question: Would RIT be a shoe in for the ECAC? Would they want us?
                    R I T HOCKEY
                    Frozen Four
                    Elite Eight
                    NCAA Tournament
                    2010-2015-2016
                    RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

@hockeycommits just tweeted, You have a new recruit, Abbot Girduckis (Wellington Dukes) has committed to Rochester Institute of Technology for 2015-2016

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                        Is there going to be an opening?

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                          I would think it's likely to expect a BC band this weekend. BC brings a band to Cornell so I would think they bring one everywhere but maybe not.
                          I don't think BC has played at Cornell in 15 years or more. At least not since 1997 off the top of my head when I started as a student at BC.

I would not expect the BC band to make the trip but I guess anything is possible. They usually don't travel to many away games, usually just neutral games like NCAAs, HE tourney, Beanpot.

Have no idea about RIT but after having seen BC twice already I will say this is a winnable game for RIT.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                            If you talk to someone from the ECAC, they're going to say no from a travel pair perspective alone. Additionally, there are currently no openings in the conference thanks to Uconn moving over to Hockey East.

From an RIT perspective, the ECAC is exactly where we'd like to be. Plenty of other non-scholarship/academic focused programs in the conference. We'd also benefit recruits and attendance wise from playing against stronger/frozen four winning/ncaa tournament dominating teams.
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by kwh7433 View Post
                              Is there going to be an opening?
                              Mmmmm, maybe if the Iveys split off into their own conference? Other than that, all I can think of is a school switching to B10 in all their sports or dropping hockey all together (unlikely).
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Have no idea about RIT but after having seen BC twice already I will say this is a winnable game for RIT.
                                ... don't play with our emotions like this.
                                RIT Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X