PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

J.D.
10-24-2014, 11:14 PM
also, good game from demko even with the misplay on first goal

Carmine Scarpaglia
10-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Blah first period. Very good 2nd and 3rd. Demko made some huge huge saves tonight.

Lots of guys had great games. Hanifin is ridiculous. Straight skated really well tonight. Fitzgerald may have had his best game in a BC uniform.

TonyTheTiger20
10-25-2014, 12:35 AM
Recap and GIFs of all 8 goals:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-hockey-2014-2015-season/2014/10/25/7068787/goal-by-goal-boston-college-hockey-rolls-past-colorado-college-nchc-hockey-east

Thinking that Tuch/Gilmour/Calnan line looks really good.

sterlippo1
10-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Let me know how the 7:30 Friday start works out traffic wise

conte was as empty or more so last night at 7:30 , some things will never change. (good turnout by the students when they finally finished getting amped up and got in the building by the start of the second period

fitzgerald is fantastic. hanifin looking comfortable and confident. should have a big year.

Fitzgerald is the best player on the team......starting to wonder about Cangelosi though.........yes, FiveHole12 was quite a happy man with the play of his man Spiro

sterlippo1
10-25-2014, 06:54 AM
Straight skated really well tonight. .

for straight you mean..........had a really great shift though blocking a sure goal as a CC player had an open net that I think would have given CC a 2-1 lead then almost setting up a goal in transition after the block. Had to rub my eyes and double check the number on the uniform.

J.D.
10-25-2014, 07:06 AM
ya think someone missed an open net off that feed from straight

FiveHole12
10-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Frosh forwards Tuch and Sanford play like upper classmen. Great vision, skill, passing.
Hanifin's skating ability reminds me of someone that played in Boston many years ago. Nice end to end rush by him last night.
Fitz is making things happen going to the net. His last two goals have come off rebounds of his own initial shot.

Cam Spiro... hidden away in a closet for 3 years. Ready for prime time. The kid is a player. Highly skilled, hustles all over the ice, great hockey sense, makes things happen, a nose for the net. The second best scoring threat on the team at the forward position IMO.
Spiro's 1st goal was absolutely sniped. Blistering wrist shot. Goalie never saw it.
Spiro's 2nd goal... IIRC, he had a hand in the CC turnover. Saw an opportunity and hustled his arse up ice to get in position for the goal on a great pass from Tuch. Lots of guys don't put out that kind of effort for something that may not happen. I see many plus's in this kid's game.

FiveHole12
10-25-2014, 07:57 AM
...yes, FiveHole12 was quite a happy man with the play of his man Spiro
The kid is a dam good hockey player.

If you liked Billy Arnold's game, you'll like this kid.
If you liked Chris Collin's game, you'll like this kid.
If you liked Steven Gionta's game, you'll like this kid.
I see all three of those guys in Spiro's game.

J.D.
10-25-2014, 08:19 AM
there was some clown tweeting at the kid about sanford this, sanford that...hoping he'd be dropped from the lineup after just one game.

TonyTheTiger20
10-25-2014, 09:12 AM
I'm totally on board with the Spiro talk, he has looked very very good.

Hokydad
10-25-2014, 01:04 PM
The kid is a dam good hockey player.

If you liked Billy Arnold's game, you'll like this kid.
If you liked Chris Collin's game, you'll like this kid.
If you liked Steven Gionta's game, you'll like this kid.
I see all three of those guys in Spiro's game.

please stop

FiveHole12
10-25-2014, 01:11 PM
please stop
Tell me his weaknesses on the ice. Tell me why you think he is a flash in the pan.

J.D.
10-25-2014, 01:14 PM
fivehole, don't bother. hoky acts as if he's able to watch every hockey east game. and, courtesy of the harvard thread:

"This is Harvards year for the Beanpot. BC sucks this year and wont get any better."

welp, let's just call it a year right now. amazing to me that some of you actually value this moron's opinion.

J.D.
10-25-2014, 01:15 PM
for clarification, BC could field an all-blind team and i'd still take my chances over a ted donato coached team

FiveHole12
10-25-2014, 01:20 PM
You bring up some very good points there J.D. :D

Hokydad
10-25-2014, 01:28 PM
fivehole, don't bother. hoky acts as if he's able to watch every hockey east game. and, courtesy of the harvard thread:

"This is Harvards year for the Beanpot. BC sucks this year and wont get any better."

welp, let's just call it a year right now. amazing to me that some of you actually value this moron's opinion.

and BC wasnt a one line team.....

I will defer to Coach York on this one. Arnold never set in the stands for multiple games and neither did Collins

J.D.
10-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Hoky, you're not fooling anyone. During the year last year you railed against BC and then later amended it to BC and UML were the two best in the league. BC beat Lowell when it counted and gave Union the toughest challenge of their 4 tourney wins. No shame losing to that Union team. You were wrong about BC last year even though you're way too stubborn to ever admit you're wrong about anything. What a tired act.

Hokydad
10-25-2014, 01:45 PM
Hoky, you're not fooling anyone. During the year last year you railed against BC and then later amended it to BC and UML were the two best in the league. BC beat Lowell when it counted and gave Union the toughest challenge of their 4 tourney wins. No shame losing to that Union team. You were wrong about BC last year even though you're way too stubborn to ever admit you're wrong about anything. What a tired act.

BC gave Union a tough game? ok...No one else saw that. outside couple late flukes, total ***** kicking

I was first on Union 4+ years ago when no one else ever mentioned them. Was I wrong on them as well?

bray on my foolish friend, bray on

bet you that Harvard beats BC in beanpot.

Biggest one line team in last 25 years.

J.D.
10-25-2014, 01:52 PM
you can't read. i said BC gave Union the toughest of their 4 tourney games. i'm not going to debate a turd like you on the "level of that toughness". you are a union/rick bennett homer. that is certainly your right, but spare me the BS please.

you like to avoid the topic at hand and bring things into the equation that nobody has questioned. you are very good at deflecting. now please go back to breaking down the film from every game in college hockey last night. oh, and i noticed the bruins are really thin on defense and just called up trotman and morrow. what happened to warsofsky's NHL career that you promised us? fraud.

so you're taking harvard over BU on the first monday? or are you predicting a consolation game meeting between BC and Harvard?

Hokydad
10-25-2014, 02:10 PM
you can't read. i said BC gave Union the toughest of their 4 tourney games. i'm not going to debate a turd like you on the "level of that toughness". you are a union/rick bennett homer. that is certainly your right, but spare me the BS please.

you like to avoid the topic at hand and bring things into the equation that nobody has questioned. you are very good at deflecting. now please go back to breaking down the film from every game in college hockey last night. oh, and i noticed the bruins are really thin on defense and just called up trotman and morrow. what happened to warsofsky's NHL career that you promised us? fraud.

so you're taking harvard over BU on the first monday? or are you predicting a consolation game meeting between BC and Harvard?

how is dumoulins nhl carear going??

i know what you said and i meant BC, they didnt give Union a great game. Union pounded them 2 years in a row

Harvard will beat BC in beanpot. count on it