PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

joegrav
01-31-2015, 06:57 AM
Poor Brian. So many questions, so few answers.

I knew it was going to be an intellectual discourse when I woke up to see a page full of Zlax posts.

BTW not that it matters but the height you listed is incorrect for both Demopolous and McCoshen. Do better.

cavbim
01-31-2015, 07:10 AM
Second time I have seen Tuch with BC...he wasn't too visible to me. Looked much different with the junior team when I saw them live.

You asked why Leaman was mad...I was just telling you the likely reason. That is the hottest I have seen Leaman in his 4 years at PC as he is closer to York than Parker in demeanor

Not to fight the faux Friar fan but here is a member of the media's tweets about the event
"@smclaughlin9: Big line scrum at Conte. McCoshen very close to earning an ejection. Had hard takedown of Demopoulos & forcefully held his head against ice"
"@smclaughlin9: Somehow BC gets a PP out of this. Wow. Do not agree with that. McCoshen clearly did more than anyone else there."

joegrav
01-31-2015, 07:34 AM
Not to fight the faux Friar fan but here is a member of the media's tweets about the event
"@smclaughlin9: Big line scrum at Conte. McCoshen very close to earning an ejection. Had hard takedown of Demopoulos & forcefully held his head against ice"
"@smclaughlin9: Somehow BC gets a PP out of this. Wow. Do not agree with that. McCoshen clearly did more than anyone else there."

It definitely looked to me like the penalties should have evened up. It looked like Sit was right in the middle of it and could have gotten a penalty.

FiveHole12
01-31-2015, 07:48 AM
BC is developing into a nice nasty team. McCoshen, Tuch and Sanford are not to be trifled with. Sanford has a nice edge to him. Tuch has a lot of Lucic and plays better when he is angry.
Agree. Eating this stuff up. Some rock 'em sock 'em hockey going on out there. Great game last night. Very physical. I wouldn't call it chippy... more like both teams trying to impose their will on the other, and the Eagles responded very well to PC's imposition. :)

Each of the frosh got a goal last night. BC rolling 3 solid lines, none with a natural goal scorer but each line being a scoring threat. Loving this team... their tenacity, their physicality, their sneaky speed (these big guys got some wheels).

If anyone has ever had any doubts about Jerry York's coaching ability, just look at this team right now. They could barely connect on two consecutive passes in November. Now they're breaking out of the zone in stride, winning the all important puck battles on the boards and wearing opponents down with their tenacity. Good hockey.

sterlippo1
01-31-2015, 08:07 AM
If anyone has ever had any doubts about Jerry York's coaching ability, just look at this team right now. They could barely connect on two consecutive passes in November. .

i dont think even the clueless would question York's coaching ability ............. and I said it earlier, this very well may be Jerry's finest coaching job yet

J.D.
01-31-2015, 08:55 AM
Is scott mclaughlin unbiased? ;)

To say he was close to earning an ejection while only getting 2 for roughing is laughable. I had a great look at it and find that description way off base. If you wanna say he had the guy "forcefully pinned to the ice, including head against ice"...ya. Pinned. Not driving head into ice, not pummeling guy. There was a ref watching the entire thing. Not to give them too much credit but think he would see a guys head being driven into the ice.

J.D.
01-31-2015, 08:57 AM
Sure, sit could have gotten a penalty for wrestling with...the pc player who wrestled with him. They didn't call either.

joegrav
01-31-2015, 09:07 AM
Sure, sit could have gotten a penalty for wrestling with...the pc player who wrestled with him. They didn't call either.

From my seats up high it looked like McCoshen was being aggressive with him and really forcefully pinning him down. J am guessing anyone who sits down low had a better look.

I do think PC was right to be miffed about ending that scrum shorthanded. Of course the absurd makeup call came about 15 seconds later so I guess Leaman got the refs' attention. I think BC had 5 PPs last night and 4 of them were abbreviated Bby taking penalties of their own. That's been a problem for BC all year.

J.D.
01-31-2015, 09:10 AM
My thought for BU scott is that he didn't realize the initial penalty for "roughing" on mauermann prob should have been called hitting after the whistle. Whatever, if you think pc got slighted on this one, again, they more than made up for it with that 'slash" on sanford.

mookie1995
01-31-2015, 09:10 AM
He was holding the guy's helmet down on the ice. Probably afraid of getting bitten! :-)

it is the cold and flu season....

J.D.
01-31-2015, 09:12 AM
I'm not even disagreeing with forcefully pinning him. In fact i think that's what i've been saying. They wrestled to ice and mccoshen pinned him. He didn't use that as an opportunity to take liberties. I just can't recall a guy ever being called for pinning someone after a scrum. And certainly not "close to an ejection"

J.D.
01-31-2015, 09:15 AM
1. Right on about abbreviated PPs this year. Has happened a lot.

2. Faceoffs seemed improved from the uconn game

J.D.
01-31-2015, 09:20 AM
36-34 for BC in draws so def a significant improvement

I actually thought refs got it right with Fitzgerald interference call.looked to me like he did enough where he knew exactly what he was doing, just to give dman enough time to gain control

The Zlax45
01-31-2015, 10:04 AM

I actually thought refs got it right with Fitzgerald interference call.looked to me like he did enough where he knew exactly what he was doing, just to give dman enough time to gain control

PC usually wins the face off battle every game...so that is a good sign for BC

The Zlax45
01-31-2015, 10:05 AM

I guess I wasn't the only one that saw that!

Carmine Scarpaglia
01-31-2015, 10:05 AM

Fitzgerald really struggles with his penalties and the timing of them. This was really a lot like his interference penalty against Union that changed the entire semifinal in Philly last season. I mean, they won the faceoff, let the man through to the point and get down to the wall behind the man for support.

BCeagle
01-31-2015, 04:46 PM
I saw PC taking extra shots after the whistle and trying to get BC to retaliate to draw the penalty. BC has to be more disciplined at times and avoid this problem. Good win all in all and I won a Gronk signed jersey at the auction )

claver2010
01-31-2015, 07:20 PM
Really nice to see Sanford rewarded on the scoresheet, his play really has improved over the last month. That whole line is pretty impressive and has really been our best line, 2 FRs & 1 SO.

FiveHole12
01-31-2015, 10:22 PM
Just wondering... anyone know what's up with the funeral music they play before announcing the BC starting lineup? My gawd that music is awful. :eek:
I'm thinking they're trying to put the opponent to sleep. ;)
I suppose it will stay as long as we're winning... I guess I'm OK with that. :)

sterlippo1
02-01-2015, 05:15 AM
Just wondering... anyone know what's up with the funeral music they play before announcing the BC starting lineup? My gawd that music is awful. :eek:
I'm thinking they're trying to put the opponent to sleep. ;)
I suppose it will stay as long as we're winning... I guess I'm OK with that. :)

Kinda like that hat you used to wear, the lucky one? Speaking of music , what is up with the band? They have effed with For Boston so it only remotely sounds like its supposed to ( or are they just that bad?)and they either are asleep or just cant be bothered to play it when the team comes out for the third period