PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Carmine Scarpaglia
01-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Suck it exlax.

claver2010
01-30-2015, 10:51 PM
5 straight games where all the goals have come from underclassmen

joegrav
01-30-2015, 10:57 PM
What an entertaining battle that was. The first period was boring, but the final two periods were just outstanding, fun college hockey. Gillies was phenomenal in the third period aside from that 2nd BC goal which looked a little soft.

While the stakes were obviously a lot lower, it felt a little like the Lowell game in Manchester back in March. A prizefight.

In a lot of ways, that was BC's best win of the season - especially the way they responded after their 2-0 lead evaporated in an instant. That shows mental toughness.

J.D.
01-30-2015, 11:28 PM
Not saying BC is better than BU or Providence but being able to beat them is very encouraging. With lowell's dip, BC is in position to be that 3rd team (at least). Have come a long way.

The Zlax45
01-30-2015, 11:31 PM
Suck it exlax.

Huh? I never said anything negative in here about BC this week. I think four out of the five goals were soft tonight.

The Zlax45
01-30-2015, 11:33 PM
Not sure what leaman was screaming at after that scrum. Clearly initiated by providence hit after the whistle. They sure gave him one after that though with a non existent slash called on sanford.

He was likely very angry that it wasn't even up since Demopoulous was getting pummeled on the ice.

Carmine Scarpaglia
01-30-2015, 11:37 PM
Huh? I never said anything negative in here about BC this week. I think four out of the five goals were soft tonight.

This week...

Not much doubt about which team was the better team tonight. First PC goal was a total fluke and seemed to change direction. Tuch goal a little soft for gillies. Hanifin goal was a nice power move to get past dman, got Gillies moving to open the pad and put it through. Nice goal. Second PC goal kind of weak.

Both guys made some great saves too.

Did that bus of PC students make it to the game? Didn't see or hear them at all.

J.D.
01-30-2015, 11:39 PM
if you're talking about mccoshen, he was on top of someone but he wasn't pummeling the guy.

The Zlax45
01-30-2015, 11:43 PM
This week...

Not much doubt about which team was the better team tonight. First PC goal was a total fluke and seemed to change direction. Tuch goal a little soft for gillies. Hanifin goal was a nice power move to get past dman, got Gillies moving to open the pad and put it through. Nice goal. Second PC goal kind of weak.

Both guys made some great saves too.

Did that bus of PC students make it to the game? Didn't see or hear them at all.

Oh they were there...what does me saying anything about that mean you saying suck it? I didn't come on here ripping Boston College when they lost to PC earlier...all I said was I just don't see where the offense is going to come from...I still believe that.

I don't think PC has that great of offense either.

I am not sure if the first PC goal changed direction or not from my seats. Hanifin shouldn't be able to split two dmen and Gillies can't get beat five hole from that close but whatever.

PC has two games in hand on Boston College so we will see if PC can catch the Eagles.

The Zlax45
01-30-2015, 11:44 PM
if you're talking about mccoshen, he was on top of someone but he wasn't pummeling the guy.

Driving his head into the ice...better?

J.D.
01-30-2015, 11:45 PM
The 2nd pc goal was a nice toe drag. Beat demko 6 hole...is that what it's called? Those can be tough. I bet gillies would like first and second goals back. Did he lose stick on game winner? Seemed like puck was sitting there forever.

There was a shift where BC finished three checks in a row...great to see against a grinding team like PC.

J.D.
01-30-2015, 11:46 PM
Sorry zlax that's not even close to what happened. Refs got that one right. No worries they made up for it shortly after that by calling a phantom slash on sanford.

The Zlax45
01-30-2015, 11:48 PM
Sorry zlax that's not even close to what happened. Refs got that one right. No worries they made up for it shortly after that by calling a phantom slash on sanford.

So what happened then? Why was Demopoulous who is 5'5 got a 6'5 guy on top of him and can't get up?

J.D.
01-30-2015, 11:50 PM
Mccoshen had him pinned, nothing more than that. To say he pummeled him or drove his head into ice is a flat out lie.

The Zlax45
01-30-2015, 11:55 PM
Mccoshen had him pinned, nothing more than that. To say he pummeled him or drove his head into ice is a flat out lie.

I saw McCoshen with his glove on Demopoulous face mask and pushing down on it but since I was so far away...

And if Demo was pinned...why was he penalized? I am just shocked they didn't even that up right away and likely the reason Leaman was unhappy.

J.D.
01-31-2015, 12:02 AM
PRV-5 Ross Mauermann (2-Roughing) 15:57
PRV-6 Stefan Demopoulos (2-Roughing) BC 0x5 15:57
BC-5 Ian McCoshen (2-Roughing) 15:57

Initial penalty to Mauermann for hit after the whistle. Demopoulos and McCoshen wrestle each other to the ice. Had McCoshen "pummeled" him after that he would have gotten an extra 2. You're not gonna get an extra two for simply pinning the man to the ice. I had a great look at it.

Carmine Scarpaglia
01-31-2015, 12:13 AM
PRV-5 Ross Mauermann (2-Roughing) 15:57
PRV-6 Stefan Demopoulos (2-Roughing) BC 0x5 15:57
BC-5 Ian McCoshen (2-Roughing) 15:57

Initial penalty to Mauermann for hit after the whistle. Demopoulos and McCoshen wrestle each other to the ice. Had McCoshen "pummeled" him after that he would have gotten an extra 2. You're not gonna get an extra two for simply pinning the man to the ice. I had a great look at it.

Seriously ex lax just went through all this trouble to tell me he isn't a clown and now he is being one. Pretty much nailed what happened . Initial penalty on PC for late hit after whistle for BC offside, then the PC player initiates more trouble and attacks McCoshen who ends up taking him down and ends up on top of him to help calm him down. Each guy was going for a facerub grabbing at the masks. Also had a nice view of it.

Matching penalties there at the end, original penalty on PC, end of story nice and easy to understand. Somehow the HE officials got it right.

BC is developing into a nice nasty team. McCoshen, Tuch and Sanford are not to be trifled with. Sanford has a nice edge to him. Tuch has a lot of Lucic and plays better when he is angry.

The Zlax45
01-31-2015, 12:51 AM
Seriously ex lax just went through all this trouble to tell me he isn't a clown and now he is being one. Pretty much nailed what happened . Initial penalty on PC for late hit after whistle for BC offside, then the PC player initiates more trouble and attacks McCoshen who ends up taking him down and ends up on top of him to help calm him down. Each guy was going for a facerub grabbing at the masks. Also had a nice view of it.

Matching penalties there at the end, original penalty on PC, end of story nice and easy to understand. Somehow the HE officials got it right.

BC is developing into a nice nasty team. McCoshen, Tuch and Sanford are not to be trifled with. Sanford has a nice edge to him. Tuch has a lot of Lucic and plays better when he is angry.

Second time I have seen Tuch with BC...he wasn't too visible to me. Looked much different with the junior team when I saw them live.

You asked why Leaman was mad...I was just telling you the likely reason. That is the hottest I have seen Leaman in his 4 years at PC as he is closer to York than Parker in demeanor

theprofromdover
01-31-2015, 06:45 AM

He was holding the guy's helmet down on the ice. Probably afraid of getting bitten! :-)

theprofromdover
01-31-2015, 06:48 AM
So what happened then? Why was Demopoulous who is 5'5 got a 6'5 guy on top of him and can't get up?

Poor Brian. So many questions, so few answers.