PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

mookie1995
01-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Was Chris Kolanos one year or two?

(equiv of a bj, but spit it out)

Tater
01-01-2015, 03:25 PM
I would think there are 2 possible one-and-dones on BC's current roster.

FiveHole12
01-01-2015, 10:41 PM
I would think there are 2 possible one-and-dones on BC's current roster.
Well, only three came in... Sanford F, Tuch F and Hanifin D.

I can't see any of them leaving at this point, unless Tuch happens to light it up in the second half like Kobasew did, then he's a possibility. Even then, it is rumored that Kobasew left only because he was missing his girl friend (or she missing him), not for hockey reasons. It did take him a few years to stick with Calgary.

I guess it depends on where the individual, his family/family advisor, or his NHL team think he is better off developing, at BC or minor league hockey. I'm guessing Jerry irons that all out before hand and gets them to commit for x amount of years. You don't have the success York has had building a program and maintaining it's high standard with one-and-dones. If that were the case, with the talent Minnesota has had leave after one year in the recent past, they'd be winning NC's every other year.

That being said... Eichel is ready NOW. He should sign up to play along side Sonny Milano immediately following the WJC. :p

mookie... get a room. :D

Tater
01-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Well, only three came in... Sanford F, Tuch F and Hanifin D.

I can't see any of them leaving at this point, unless Tuch happens to light it up in the second half like Kobasew did, then he's a possibility. Even then, it is rumored that Kobasew left only because he was missing his girl friend (or she missing him), not for hockey reasons. It did take him a few years to stick with Calgary.

I guess it depends on where the individual, his family/family advisor, or his NHL team think he is better off developing, at BC or minor league hockey. I'm guessing Jerry irons that all out before hand and gets them to commit for x amount of years. You don't have the success York has had building a program and maintaining it's high standard with one-and-dones. If that were the case, with the talent Minnesota has had leave after one year in the recent past, they'd be winning NC's every other year.

That being said... Eichel is ready NOW. He should sign up to play along side Sonny Milano immediately following the WJC. :p

mookie... get a room. :D

I know defensemen develop at a different pace than forwards, but I was thinking that if Hanafin was picked #3 overall that he would have a high likelihood of leaving. We are saying that Eichel, who will likely be picked just one spot ahead of Hanafin, is definitely gone. Hanafin's play in the WJC has likely raised his profile.

Tuch, yes definitely less of a threat to go and would have to have a killer second half for it to happen as you mentioned. Still, I would think there is always a threat at some level for a mid-1st round draft pick leaving.

Disagree on Eichel. His low scoring production in the WJC clearly shows he needs to develop in college one more year!! :p

J.D.
01-02-2015, 10:04 AM
don't even wanna think at the lineup being throw out there this weekend. honestly would be happy to get out of here with a tie and a loss. get Santini and the WJC boys back and then let's see what happens.

Nick Papagiorgio
01-02-2015, 10:19 AM
honestly would be happy to get out of here with a tie and a loss.

Did you really just write that?

The guys that are playing have a good opportunity to step up before WJC is over and the full team is back. The more important guys in the lineup (Fitzgerald, Cangelosi, Straight, Doherty, Matheson) really need to raise their level of play. It will serve them well if they want to compete for a Beanpot and a trip to the HE semis/finals when they will need to really bring it every night to have any chance of looking at a trophy this season.

J.D.
01-02-2015, 10:34 AM
you're right that the guys you mentioned have a chance to step up, but my concern is with the guys who are forced into bigger roles for these two games. playing only 5 dmen, two of which are Linell and Jeke. Not sure who will be in goal now that Billett rejoined the team. given that this isn't a great offensive team, the goaltending/defense worries me this weekend.

FiveHole12
01-02-2015, 11:29 AM
I think it's possible we might get our collective arses handed to us this weekend, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. ;)
I'll be happy with a split, nothing less, and very happy with anything more.
BTW, I am not ruling out the possibility of the Eagles winning two. That would be very nice. These guys are capable of it. Team D baby, team D... and hustle their arses off beating the opponent to pucks. Simple. :cool:

Go Eagles!

bothman
01-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Brown is horrible. Dartmouth is a very solid team that I think will give BC fits.

I think BC splits.

sterlippo1
01-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Brown is horrible. Dartmouth is a very solid team that I think will give BC fits.

I think BC splits.

i'm in

Hokydad
01-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Dartmouth will spank bc

claver2010
01-02-2015, 02:59 PM
Dartmouth will spank bc

we know

sterlippo1
01-02-2015, 05:14 PM
we know

lolz...........2-1 BC late in the second. we have 11 SOG's

FiveHole12
01-02-2015, 08:27 PM
I don't care how bad Brown's record is. BC is missing 3 top D-men, a forward and their #1 goalie.
Good win. Check this chit out!

Fitz - Straight - Cango
Sanford - Gilmour - Gaudreau
Smith - Sit - Calnan
McMullen - Spiro - Silk

Doherty - Matheson
Savage - Linell
Jeke

Barone

Those are some bad azz Eagles right there!
Rip Dartmouth a new one tomorrow night boys!

Go Eagles!

TonyTheTiger20
01-02-2015, 10:08 PM
GIFs and recap

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-hockey-2014-2015-season/2015/1/2/7483375/boston-college-hockey-starts-second-half-with-win-over-brown-bears-eagles

Can't complain too much about that win

J.D.
01-02-2015, 10:09 PM
yep, i am certainly happy with the result. kudos to Barone and the defense for only giving up 1. best thing you can say about this team is they have kept their head above water. looking forward to seeing what they can be with the reinforcements for the 2nd half. up to #21!!! ;)

joegrav
01-03-2015, 07:11 AM
BC now 6-2-1 since that four game losing streak to DU, #icebus, BU and Harvard.

sterlippo1
01-03-2015, 07:23 AM
yep, i am certainly happy with the result. kudos to Barone and the defense for only giving up 1. best thing you can say about this team is they have kept their head above water. looking forward to seeing what they can be with the reinforcements for the 2nd half. up to #21!!! ;)

yeah, agree. I'm a lot more optimistic than Dec 1st. No joke, MattG will have double digit goals:)

FiveHole12
01-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Dartmouth will spank bc
I was expecting a similar Dartmouth spanking of Denver, a team BC split with at Denver, and came within a minute of getting 3 points.
What gives?

J.D.
01-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Just an off night for the mean big green