This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

a win! and while this team can't look past any opponent, next weekend is huge. a legitimate chance to get to 7-5 (3-3) and reel this thing back in ahead of tough games against minnesota and providence.

Comment

12 SOG from the bottom 6

Why was Gaudreau in the stands again?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        a win! and while this team can't look past any opponent, next weekend is huge. a legitimate chance to get to 7-5 (3-3) and reel this thing back in ahead of tough games against minnesota and providence.
        Yes, wins are good.
        We traditionally struggle at UMass, and Maine swept us at home last year. Nothing will be easy for this team. They cannot afford to look beyond their next shift.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

swept a one game series up there!

as for gaudreau, i don't think anyone misses linell's presence in the lineup. not to dump on him but he really doesn't do anything out there. i remember people talking about how fast he was but i just don't see it.

Comment

i don't think anyone misses linell's presence in the lineup. not to dump on him but he really doesn't do anything out there. i remember people talking about how fast he was but i just don't see it.
            I didn't want to be the one to say it first, but it really is glorious. His skating is decent but he just doesn't bring much to the lineup. edit - worth pointing out that this kid stepped up and volunteered to try defense in a time of need. The kid is alright in my book.
            Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 11-15-2014, 10:20 AM.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

swept a one game series up there!
              Ahh yes. Hockey East hasn't archived the 2013-14 season schedules yet on their site. Slackers.
              We were swept at home by Maine in '12-'13
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                . His skating is decent but he just doesn't bring much to the lineup. .
                you talkin about Cangelosi?

Comment

Reminds me of Dan Bertram

Comment

I'm not knocking our guys as they play a different style of D game, but if one wanted to see defensemen play shut down style defense, take a look at the Harvard/Yale game on NESN last night. Some pretty solid D and goaltending right there, both teams. Enjoyed every minute of that game even with only 3 goals scored, all in the 3rd (1 with 15:00 to go, 2 in the last minute).

We all saw what Harvard's forwards did to us. Yale kept them on the perimeter and away from their goalie all night.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      you talkin about Cangelosi?
                      yeah cangelosi's start is certainly a mystery

gaudreau is now tied for 5th on the team in goals despite only playing 40% of the games.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        gaudreau is now tied for 5th on the team in goals despite only playing 40% of the games.
                        therein lies the problem........

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          therein lies the problem........
                          Yup, York doesnt get it. He doesnt see them practice all week, watch film etc. Simply makes mnoves to put team in worst position to win

Wow, glad that riddle was solved

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            Yup, York doesnt get it. He doesnt see them practice all week, watch film etc. Simply makes mnoves to put team in worst position to win

Wow, glad that riddle was solved
                            Linell playing D while Doherty was in the stands.

The pope isn't infallible.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              Linell playing D while Doherty was in the stands.

The pope isn't infallible.
                              Hindsight has nothing to do with what was taking place in practice and games.

York and staff have at the least earned the right to pick their lineup. If Doherty wasnt in, he wasnt earning it at practice. End of story

Comment

You're both right. That being said, there were absolutely clear as day things that were done that did not put the team in the best position to win. Especially since the 2012 title.

FWIW, I really was not THAT impressed with Gaudreau and in particular his ability to cover the points from what I had seen in Philly (Union goal) and in the exhibition this year (I think resulted in another goal?). Let's see if this thing keeps rolling for him. It would be great if it did and would help development over the next few years.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X