PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Hokydad
12-01-2014, 12:26 PM
These last 3 games heading into the break are pretty big. Would be nice to take a minimum 2 of 3. The Brown and Dartmouth games over the holidays will be very tough with 2-3 guys heading off to World Jrs.

Dartmouth will blow out BC

mookie1995
12-01-2014, 12:32 PM

you ARE the best!!!

The Zlax45
12-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Couple of BC observations...

Quinn Smith cherry picks a ton, does he know he has to play some defense?

Doherty was the worst player on the ice on Saturday vs Providence College. He had three terrible icings and took a very bad penalty in the defensive zone. Shouldn't BC have more depth than throwing him out there?

Ronnieb
12-01-2014, 04:02 PM

Probably not, BC has far too many highly recruited superstars

J.D.
12-01-2014, 04:26 PM
zlax, i love people like you. see one game and question why a particular guy even plays. idiotic.

and quinn smith cherry picks? um no. even if that was his game it would be pointless as he probably wouldn't convert many chances.

ronnie, you seem to forget that hoky doesn't agree with your take that BC should be recruiting more 21 year old freshmen stiffs. guess we're stuck with prima donnas like noah hanifin, right?

The Zlax45
12-01-2014, 04:46 PM
zlax, i love people like you. see one game and question why a particular guy even plays. idiotic.

and quinn smith cherry picks? um no. even if that was his game it would be pointless as he probably wouldn't convert many chances.

Doherty was that bad on Saturday night that he stood out for his bad play from the BC defense corps. Did I say he was terrible? Just that he had a very bad game.

Quinn Smith kept hanging out at the offensive blue line. If that is the strategy Jerry is going to use, he better get someone more skilled.

J.D.
12-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Doherty was that bad on Saturday night that he stood out for his bad play from the BC defense corps. Did I say he was terrible? Just that he had a very bad game.

"Shouldn't BC have more depth than throwing him out there?"

That is not even remotely close to saying he had a bad game.

Quinn Smith kept hanging out at the offensive blue line. If that is the strategy Jerry is going to use, he better get someone more skilled.

I'd say if in fact this happened and it was a legit strategy with the belief that it would lead to scoring chances for Quinn Smith...it would be time to take Jerry away ;)

J.D.
12-01-2014, 04:59 PM
But, on Quinn Smith in general...no, that's not his game. And if it was there wouldn't be much of a point to dressing him.

Ronnieb
12-01-2014, 06:38 PM

ronnie, you seem to forget that hoky doesn't agree with your take that BC should be recruiting more 21 year old freshmen stiffs. guess we're stuck with prima donnas like noah hanifin, right?

Wow, now 21 year olds are stiffs, what a moron. That's right, I am more about winning than your nobility of true freshmen, get real.

J.D.
12-01-2014, 06:49 PM
no, the older would be freshmen you mentioned a while back...don't you remember hoky's response to you? bottom line is jerry york doesn't need recruiting advice from ronnieb. his recruiting over the years has netted a lot of big trophies. he's done it without older freshmen. deal with it.

Ronnieb
12-01-2014, 07:41 PM
no, the older would be freshmen you mentioned a while back...don't you remember hoky's response to you? bottom line is jerry york doesn't need recruiting advice from ronnieb. his recruiting over the years has netted a lot of big trophies. he's done it without older freshmen. deal with it.

I could care less if Jerry listens to me. All I know is that with current recruiting mentality, The level of prior accomplishment will not been seen until it changes.

Hokydad
12-01-2014, 07:45 PM
I could care less if Jerry listens to me. All I know is that with current recruiting mentality, The level of prior accomplishment will not been seen until it changes.

100% disagree

Every team in Hockey East would kill to have the ability to recruit with their model.

The MN of the east....

Key is that they develop and that most stay. Only issue is a few didn't develop and now that they are in the spots of a Kreider, Hayes, Arnold, Gibbons, Atkinson, Smith on and on, they are not...

BC will be fine

claver2010
12-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Key is that they develop and that most stay. Only issue is a few didn't develop and now that they are in the spots of a Kreider, Hayes, Arnold, Gibbons, Atkinson, Smith on and on, they are not...

BC will be fine

Well said hoky

Two bad classes that are now the upperclassmen. Nothing more, nothing less.

BigAl
12-02-2014, 10:10 AM
My weekly poll: http://q30television.com/2014/12/01/breaking-down-uscho-com-mens-hockey-poll-12114/

Nick Papagiorgio
12-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Well said hoky

Two bad classes that are now the upperclassmen. Nothing more, nothing less.

Honestly, I think it's more. Generally, will BC be ok once the deadweight is trimmed? Sure. But "OK" is what BU aspires to be and the rest of the league DREAM of being. BC seems to have lost its identity that made the program so difficult to handle night after night and also put them in position to thrive for a long time. The smaller, speedy guys are gone. I guess we'll see how this works out.

Bomber
12-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Honestly, I think it's more. Generally, will BC be ok once the deadweight is trimmed? Sure. But "OK" is what BU aspires to be and the rest of the league DREAM of being. BC seems to have lost its identity that made the program so difficult to handle night after night and also put them in position to thrive for a long time. The smaller, speedy guys are gone. I guess we'll see how this works out.

BU aspires for mediocrity? What!? :rolleyes:

mookie1995
12-02-2014, 11:08 AM
BU aspires for mediocrity? What!? :rolleyes:

Yah

Can't take the kid outta the popped collar ;)

Ronnieb
12-02-2014, 12:53 PM
100% disagree

Every team in Hockey East would kill to have the ability to recruit with their model.

The MN of the east....

BC will be fine

we will see. Why do you suppose it is becoming commonplace now to see a different #1 every week and anybody can basically beat anybody. Don't get me wrong, I like it.

Recruiting is definitely changing.

bothman
12-02-2014, 12:58 PM
we will see. Why do you suppose it is becoming commonplace now to see a different #1 every week and anybody can basically beat anybody. Don't get me wrong, I like it.

Recruiting is definitely changing.

Will 1 and dones be good or bad for programs? One could argue that Hanafin forces someone to defer / go elsewhere and also stunts development of existing players.

Duke hoops is always good, but don't think they have ever won with a 1 and done player.

Ronnieb
12-02-2014, 01:11 PM
one and done does not work with hockey anyway. Most franchise players end up in Major junior. Hanafin is not a franchise player, a lot of dmen can skate. Montour (20 year old freshman stiff:) is showing up at umass for gods sake.