This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

at my doctor's suggestion i'm bringing my earplugs so my ears are not subjected to the high pitch screams

Comment

Eichel-mania or whatever you want to call it hasn't yet scratched the fanboyism that "Johnny Hockey" created. Just saying.

At least you will only (likely) have to deal with Eichel-mania for one year!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        watch out for rogie and agganis pulling a pee wee hermon up in the nosebleeds
        Oh my, this is a post of the year candidate for sure. I should not have read this while having breakfast.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

oh and i'm not saying this is a sure fire FF team. just saying that freaking out after one game when this coach had them in the FF last year...come on.
          Agreed. I've said it about BU. Great start for BU but small sample size. Should BC thump BU tonight, the narrative on here and on BU changes.

Comment

can you imagine the circle jerk from the fanboys should eichel score??? heck, maybe all it takes is his name to be announced. watch out for rogie and agganis pulling a pee wee hermon up in the nosebleeds
            You mean when Eichel scores.

http://youtu.be/2tmZ0W2snsQ
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              Every BC NC team has had hiccups in their regular season. Hell, the 2001 NC team lost to a bad Merrimack team 6-3 in January. I'll never forget it... I was pizzed.

Cav recruited BC's jr and sr classes. It's a conspiracy... knew he was heading to UConn so he messed with the Eagles big time. I know how the young crowd loves a good conspiracy theory, so there you go.

Oh, and by the way... Tom Brady's skills have eroded beyond high school QB level and the Pats are going nowhere. Just like BC. Sucks to be us.

That all being said... BC4, BU2
              Sorry old scout but with BC playing Wednesday and BU not, they should have the legs. But with home ice I'lol go with a 3-3 tie and no buddy's happy in beansville
              sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                claver is spot on. BC lost to holy cross at home last year and that didn't mean a thing in the end. going crazy after losing to uconn is stupid. still a very good defensive team with very good goaltender. just have to see who steps forward on offense. up to the sophomores and freshmen. not ideal but it is what it is.

not sure what ronnieb is smoking but with fitzgerald, tuch, sanford...white, bracco, wood. future is plenty bright. the problem is with the current junior and senior classes. it's that simple. as buoldtimer said, even the greatest coach is going to miss from time to time.

actually that loss to HC was critical. It exposed them as a one line team. Came to fruition in Union game

If they could have kept spread out and rolled out depth, things might have ended better

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                  Eichel-mania or whatever you want to call it hasn't yet scratched the fanboyism that "Johnny Hockey" created. Just saying.

At least you will only (likely) have to deal with Eichel-mania for one year!
                  obviously johnny hockey started due to johnny football but i honestly can't remember who first started the whole johnny hockey thing...

Comment

hoky, once again, you make zero sense. if it was that critical, BC wouldn't have been able to make it to a FF game against your beloved Union. there was no shame in losing to Union, no matter what type of team you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      actually that loss to HC was critical. It exposed them as a one line team. Came to fruition in Union game

If they could have kept spread out and rolled out depth, things might have ended better
                      Hoky I love ya kid but you've gone full ret@rd on this post.

First, the Hayes-Arnold-Gaudreau line was not even together for this contest. Fitz-Hayes-Straight and Gaudreau-Arnold-Cangelosi. And second, BC got a goal from Sit and Fitzgerald in addition to the 2 from Hayes.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Any truth to the rumor that they are changing the name of HAA to Eichel Tower?
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

always glitches with BC pregame stuff at conte...never fails

Comment

great play by mccoshen on eichel at end of period

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Any truth to the rumor that they are changing the name of HAA to Eichel Tower?
                              Isn't it the media and hockey experts doing all the talking about his draft status? Not made up BU hype like for a Sabo like player. Kid seems like a humble level headed kid who actually lived up to his commitment. Nothing to knock about him I don't think he deserves any derision from the BC folk.

Comment

Remember when we had speed?

Comment

Working...
                                X