X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    BC in a nutshell.....

Change the helmets of a multi national champion program to that of a 500 type team.

Who says hockey is the 3rd sport...
    Yes but they would look so much better winning that way!

Comment

So guys... like... Cam Spiro. I hope you all remember who started this Cam Spiro talk when he was a sophomore and we were struggling to put solid forwards on the ice back on lines 3-4.

Also, and I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this but... I think one has mental issues if they are arguing that BC:
      1. Should get gold helmets like ND (this one would require serious brain damage).
      2. Wasn't a one-line team last year.

After sitting back and thinking about it, I really thought Gilmour was great this weekend. Him and Spiro are making up for the lack of production from Cangelosi (still a lot of time but too many no look passes to the other team this weekend) at this point.

Yes BC played two bad teams so let's not go all fanboy and let's sit back and see how this team handles being in the pressure cooker against solid competition. It's about to ramp up. I hope Jim Mongtomery has his Kleenex ready in case BC opens up a big lead and *gasp* puts their top line on the ice. Oh the horror!
      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-27-2014, 08:17 AM.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Agreed, took care of business this weekend.

UMass has been and is worthless.

Some interesting stats only 4 games into the season:
        Matheson leads the team in SOG
        3 of the top 4 players in SOG are defensemen
        Fitz is the only true C with >50 win %

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          UMass has been and is worthless.
          Fill in the blank with the more appropriate answer, Claver.

UMass athletics should save the money and cut _______________ because it loses money and they have no future in the sport.

a) hockey
          b) football

I'm not sure which program is more worthless but it sure is funny to laugh at them. They've got quite a thread over on umasshoops about BC fans on their fb board. Oh ya we're so friggin afraid of your football program getting 6 MAC wins and going to a bowl game. Everyone will notice and Umass will then turn out to be the big team in Massachusetts and all the recruits will want to play in a 20,000 seat stadium in Amherst against Eastern Michigan and Toledo and Miami of Ohio! Ahahahahaha.
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Needed to win these two games and they did. Denver got beat up by Duluth in game two of their series...weekend split. Decent start for the Pioneers. Should be a good series out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Fill in the blank with the more appropriate answer, Claver.

UMass athletics should save the money and cut _______________ because it loses money and they have no future in the sport.

a) hockey
              b) football

I'm not sure which program is more worthless but it sure is funny to laugh at them. They've got quite a thread over on umasshoops about BC fans on their fb board. Oh ya we're so friggin afraid of your football program getting 6 MAC wins and going to a bowl game. Everyone will notice and Umass will then turn out to be the big team in Massachusetts and all the recruits will want to play in a 20,000 seat stadium in Amherst against Eastern Michigan and Toledo and Miami of Ohio! Ahahahahaha.
              Definitely football. Unless you're in the P5, finanically you have no shot to survive long term. Like it or not the line has been drawn in football between the have's and the have not's.

This doesn't even mention the fact they don't even have a conference to play in starting what next year...

This applies to UConn as well. Tough to continue paying Geno $2 MM, Ollie nearly $3 MM, & Diaco $1.5 MM when your tv deal brings in what $4 MM? That is of course until the USPS gets around to finding the B1G invitation they lost...

Comment

Originally posted by ChinaHockey View Post
                Yes but they would look so much better winning that way!
                the football team should change their helmets to match that of jrrrrry's boys
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  the football team should change their helmets to match that of jrrrrry's boys
                  BUt doesn't have a football team...duh
                  sure why not

Comment

Santini wrist surgery, out for what it sounds like is 2 months.

Hopefully this means its Jeke time...

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      Santini wrist surgery, out for what it sounds like is 2 months.

Hopefully this means its Jeke time...
                      could have been worse, obviously. if it's january 1...that's 13 games i believe. tough void to fill but jeke is a more than capable #6 dman IMO. up to the other guys to eat up minutes and raise their level of play. of course, until linell moves on, you can never rule him out as being put back there!

Comment

i do get scared when i hear wrist injury though. just seems like those are injuries than can linger/pop back up in the future more than others.

Comment

great display by touchdown cory and clemmensieve tonight
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            I just re-listened to the broadcast -- that's exactly what happened. They wore the whites up at RIT and washed the whites with the maroon pants and the maroon bled on the whites.

Unbelievable...
                            Are the Freshmen required to wash the uniforms--like as hazing?
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              washed the whites with the maroon pants and the maroon bled on the whites.

Unbelievable...
                              That just seems odd to me. Typically you don't wash pants/shells (and even so it is pretty early in the season to be doing that).

Comment

The kid reports that Chris Calnan did a full practice today and will be in the lineup in Denver. Good news.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X