PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

TonyTheTiger20
10-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Recap and GIFs:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-hockey-2014-2015-season/2014/10/25/7071551/goal-by-goal-boston-college-eagles-hockey-tops-umass-minutement-hockey-east

As for the maroons, I was only half paying attention at the time but before the game the radio guy seemed to mention something about BC needing to order a new set of whites? Or something like that? Which was why they wore the golds yesterday and the maroons today? I have no idea but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard...

TonyTheTiger20
10-25-2014, 10:44 PM
Santini has a wrist injury, x-rays Monday

mookie1995
10-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Santini has a wrist injury, x-rays Monday

was he working 'the stranger'?

J.D.
10-25-2014, 11:26 PM
As for the maroons, I was only half paying attention at the time but before the game the radio guy seemed to mention something about BC needing to order a new set of whites? Or something like that? Which was why they wore the golds yesterday and the maroons today? I have no idea but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard...

ah so that explains the loss to UML!

BCeagle
10-26-2014, 01:08 AM
It's encouraging so far and nice to see scoring from different players even if they're not against top ranked teams. After the 1st game hopefully the progress continues week to week.

Hopefully by mid season to February they will be in post season form and minimal or no injuries.

As usual #5 makes his gaffe or two per game and some game coming up his miscues will turn into a goal for the opposing team. At crunch time or key parts of the game I do not want to see him handle the puck. Get the puck and quickly pass it up or clear it out of the zone. On one mistake he had to take a hooking penalty to prevent a possible UMass score.

theprofromdover
10-26-2014, 07:12 AM
Did anyone else notice that Teddy Doherty's sweater said Doherthy?

sterlippo1
10-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Did anyone else notice that Teddy Doherty's sweater said Doherthy?

hahahhahahha, that's funny. No, I didn't notice, I wonder if Teddy himself noticed?:confused::eek:

joegrav
10-26-2014, 07:29 AM
1. The first period parade to the penalty box... Yikes. Two nights in a row - that has to stop.

2. The Hanifin billiards play setting up Gilmour's 2nd PPG was definitely intentional. You could tell by the way Hanifin reacted. Taking advantage of Conte’s lively boards is a BC staple and it’s such a hard weapon to stop when done right.

3. Thatcher Demko, take a bow son. Phsnomenal weekend for him. The defensemen can use their license to rush the puck and be aggressive when they know Demko will be there to bail them out. Huge factor.

4. I love this team’s mean streak and edge. For once BC is bigger than the average NCAA team and is not afraid to use that size, throwing hits all over the ice and (more importantly!!!) taking no $#[email protected] from the various hacks out there who will try to take liberties with BC players. Anyone who tried this weekend was punished. BC has really been missing that edge in recent years. Hopefully the newfound size and physicality can help offset the youth factor of once again being one of the youngest teams in the nation.

5. Pretty nice game from the fourth line. Linell showed some speed and Destry had positive moments in both games. But wow those guys get a lot of ice time.

6. It’s abundantly clear that this team is nowhere near as talented as the past 5 years’ teams. Judge their results and performances appropriately. They will have some struggles. Heck…next weekend is going to be really tough, I think. But if they keep playing hard and beat all the teams they should beat they should put themselves in an NCAA position. From there, hopefully you see some guys improve as the year goes on. Also Demko at his best can beat anyone.

7. Oh speaking of improvements wow man Hanifin is **** good and the difference from week 1 to now is noticeable.

8. Hope Calnan and Santini are OK. We need them healthy and playing. Esp by Nov. 7… BU looks legit.

claver2010
10-26-2014, 09:14 AM
just saw the pictures, love those maroons

much better than the old ones

re the home unis: maybe someone didn't know not to mix colors and whites?

TonyTheTiger20
10-26-2014, 09:28 AM
re the home unis: maybe someone didn't know not to mix colors and whites?
I just re-listened to the broadcast -- that's exactly what happened. They wore the whites up at RIT and washed the whites with the maroon pants and the maroon bled on the whites.

Unbelievable...

J.D.
10-26-2014, 09:36 AM
maybe they could hire hoky for that job. he would obviously love it...

FiveHole12
10-26-2014, 09:44 AM
Has anyone ever seen a BC team with so many drop passes... to no one? Work in progress. ;)
Two wins... good weekend.

J.D.
10-26-2014, 09:52 AM
they perfected the drop pass to nobody last year too. matheson likes being a part of that on the PP

ChinaHockey
10-26-2014, 11:12 AM
I would love to see BC change their helmet color to match the BC football team, with the solid stripe included. I love what some other hockey teams have done with their helmets such as ND, OSU, PSU and of course Michigan. Match the color scheme and include the facemask color to match. That would be awesome, not that it leads to any more wins.

Hokydad
10-26-2014, 11:16 AM
I would love to see BC change their helmet color to match the BC football team, with the solid stripe included. I love what some other hockey teams have done with their helmets such as ND, OSU, PSU and of course Michigan. Match the color scheme and include the facemask color to match. That would be awesome, not that it leads to any more wins.

BC in a nutshell.....

Change the helmets of a multi national champion program to that of a 500 type team.

Who says hockey is the 3rd sport...

ChinaHockey
10-26-2014, 11:26 AM
BC in a nutshell.....

Change the helmets of a multi national champion program to that of a 500 type team.

Who says hockey is the 3rd sport...

Yes but they would look so much better winning that way!

Nick Papagiorgio
10-27-2014, 09:13 AM
So guys... like... Cam Spiro. I hope you all remember who started this Cam Spiro talk when he was a sophomore and we were struggling to put solid forwards on the ice back on lines 3-4. :D

Also, and I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this but... I think one has mental issues if they are arguing that BC:
1. Should get gold helmets like ND (this one would require serious brain damage).
2. Wasn't a one-line team last year.

After sitting back and thinking about it, I really thought Gilmour was great this weekend. Him and Spiro are making up for the lack of production from Cangelosi (still a lot of time but too many no look passes to the other team this weekend) at this point.

Yes BC played two bad teams so let's not go all fanboy and let's sit back and see how this team handles being in the pressure cooker against solid competition. It's about to ramp up. I hope Jim Mongtomery has his Kleenex ready in case BC opens up a big lead and *gasp* puts their top line on the ice. Oh the horror!

claver2010
10-27-2014, 10:47 AM
Agreed, took care of business this weekend.

UMass has been and is worthless.

Some interesting stats only 4 games into the season:
Matheson leads the team in SOG
3 of the top 4 players in SOG are defensemen
Fitz is the only true C with >50 win %

Nick Papagiorgio
10-27-2014, 11:34 AM
UMass has been and is worthless.

Fill in the blank with the more appropriate answer, Claver.

UMass athletics should save the money and cut _______________ because it loses money and they have no future in the sport.

a) hockey
b) football

I'm not sure which program is more worthless but it sure is funny to laugh at them. They've got quite a thread over on umasshoops about BC fans on their fb board. Oh ya we're so friggin afraid of your football program getting 6 MAC wins and going to a bowl game. Everyone will notice and Umass will then turn out to be the big team in Massachusetts and all the recruits will want to play in a 20,000 seat stadium in Amherst against Eastern Michigan and Toledo and Miami of Ohio! Ahahahahaha.

J.D.
10-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Needed to win these two games and they did. Denver got beat up by Duluth in game two of their series...weekend split. Decent start for the Pioneers. Should be a good series out there.