Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Wolverines 2014-15 season

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    So far, defense is still loose. But Compher, Motte, Kile and Larkin with goals. Would be nice to see Zach sharper. No Boka in the lineup for the US team.
    Disturbingly. Seeing the U18 team move the puck so easily at even strenght was not good. And some of the defensive passes looked confused.

But the offensive creativity is pretty nice to see.

The guys who didn't play were next to us just before the ends of the periods, and they all were very impressed with the U18 goalie. He made some impressive saves.

Comment

Congrats on a win over a very scrappy USA. You're upfront horses are definitely maturing. Keep it up (until B1G season starts).
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Hyman and Larkin looked good together. Red is very high on that pairing.
        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
          Defenseman Boka #10
          Forward Warren #11

Top Prospects: Bracco, Matthews, Greenway
          According to the lineup card I picked up on the way in, Greenway is committed to Boston U. and Bracco to Boston C.

Interesting 5 of the players that dressed are committed to either BC or BU. There are only 4 committed to a B1G, the leprechaun gets 2, Harvard gets 2, Miami, WMU, No Dak, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Denver all get 1. There are still 2 uncommitted (Matthews and Jones).
          Last edited by JoeZ; 10-08-2014, 09:00 AM.
          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7
          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

So far, defense is still loose. But Compher, Motte, Kile and Larkin with goals. Would be nice to see Zach sharper. No Boka in the lineup for the US team.
            Yeah, Boka has me puzzled. It used to be the case that the commits would start the game then after a couple of line changes revert back to their normal pairings. I wonder if this signals a change to that policy or if there was something holding him out?
            Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7
            Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Nice start to the game- got some really nice goals, and Zach made some really strong saves.

But some defensive lapses- one bad turn over and bad coverage on a 2-2 let WF to get close.

Some scary injuries- between their goalie, Sinelli's hand and Werenski's whatever it was...

From there, we controlled the game, but never really put them away. I think we had something more than 20 shots between the 4th goal and the ENG.

Now back to every game mattering.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Nice start to the game- got some really nice goals, and Zach made some really strong saves.

But some defensive lapses- one bad turn over and bad coverage on a 2-2 let WF to get close.

Some scary injuries- between their goalie, Sinelli's hand and Werenski's whatever it was...

From there, we controlled the game, but never really put them away. I think we had something more than 20 shots between the 4th goal and the ENG.

Now back to every game mattering.
                yeah the injury list is getting concerning:

Werenski, Sinelli, Downing, Copp, Calderone... plus Compher was held out, plus Talcott was injured prior to FSU.

Comment

yeah the injury list is getting concerning:

Werenski, Sinelli, Downing, Copp, Calderone... plus Compher was held out, plus Talcott was injured prior to FSU.
                  What are "said" injuries?
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    What are "said" injuries?
                    Werenski and Sinelli got dinged up on Thursday. Ice packs on knee and arm. Downing took a shot to the leg against the USNDT. Copp took a nasty hit against Ferris.
                    Compher, not sure, Talcott had a shoulder injury and Calderone not sure.

Comment

Werenski and Sinelli got dinged up on Thursday. Ice packs on knee and arm. Downing took a shot to the leg against the USNDT. Copp took a nasty hit against Ferris.
                      Calderone is resting a sore groin.

Comment

So typical hockey injuries? Nothing overtly negative, stuff that will heal relatively quickly and doesn't require rehab. Mind you, any injury is not a good thing and of course we'd prefer not to be in that situation but at least they aren't bad.
                        Originally posted by alfablue
                        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

The Red Berenson radiio show has been cancelled for tonight per a call I received from Pizza House.

Comment

Can someone tell me what happened to the other Hyman on the team? I believe he was Zach Hyman's younger brother. He is no longer listed on the roster.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
                              Can someone tell me what happened to the other Hyman on the team? I believe he was Zach Hyman's younger brother. He is no longer listed on the roster.
                              Thanks.
                              Spencer is now an assistant coach for the Hamilton Red Wings.

Comment

Good Morning Michigan fans. Is this information correct?

From what I can tell, Michigan does not offer live video streaming of either Friday or Saturday night's game. Occasionally, btn2go.com will provide live streaming of Michigan games but apparently not this weekend:
                                http://www.btn2go.com/schedule?date=2014-10-17&tids=17

The Friday game is on Comcast 900 but that is only in the Michigan area.
                                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X