Michigan Wolverines 2014-15 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2014-15 season

Well, that was ugly. Does Michigan bounce-back Saturday afternoon? I'd like to think so but the confidence in Slappy Valley right now must be huge. Should we take anything out of the minor skirmish after the game Friday?
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

The first period was ugly. passes were off, we were having to dump and chase (rather unsuccessfully) and Penn State was playing very physically. If you take out that terrible 3-0 first period, it was a better game. Once Michigan scored their first goal they began to click (but not fully). I think the frustration and just trying too hard to get that first one made everything worse.

Additionally with two penalty calls that I thought were rather iffy, which resulted in PPG for PSU, and a couple of hit crossbars by Michigan, even with the crappy start the game still could have gone the other way. Although the horrible defensive play is frustrating, it's still fun to watch this team because it seems no defecit is insurmountable.

As for the skirmish, I don't think so. Tension grew the whole game and the refs let a lot of stuff go after whistles.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        As for the skirmish, I don't think so. Tension grew the whole game and the refs let a lot of stuff go after whistles.
        So refs were just like we had last week. Most of the post whistle stuff is from bad calls during the game.

Drives me nuts when bad re***** turns into teams getting mad at each other. If I were the head of officiating of the B1G, I would be really ****ed about last weeks game- some REALLY obvious calls missed- and it's not as if they didn't see them, since they called the retaliation.

That's not the kind of game I want to see in the B1G- the games we had with Minnesota early this season with few penalties- THAT'S what I want to watch.

(no excuse for what happened- our team has mental issues, and how they react to goalie issues)

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          The first period was ugly. passes were off, we were having to dump and chase (rather unsuccessfully) and Penn State was playing very physically. If you take out that terrible 3-0 first period, it was a better game.
          Ah yes, the old if Michigan didn't have to play sixty minutes argument. Where have we heard that one before?

Comment

So we get swept, Minnesota loses, and now MSU is leading the B1G.

Who woulda thunk?

Comment

As of right now the only way your conference gets a team in is through your automatic bid. Good thing you've got that.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Ah yes, the old if Michigan didn't have to play sixty minutes argument. Where have we heard that one before?
                Ah, the old read whatever you want into a comment.
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  As of right now the only way your conference gets a team in is through your automatic bid. Good thing you've got that.
                  You come here to flame on a Saturday night? Way to go....

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    You come here to flame on a Saturday night? Way to go....
                    Thank you!
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      We've gone out of our way to not even deserve that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Umm...every fan base ever? It wasn't an excuse, but more pointing out that we can play better and did...that a huge contributor to Friday's loss was frustration and trying too hard to get that first goal.
                        Of course, gopher fans probably wouldn't know anything about underperforming teams.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        We've gone out of our way to not even deserve that.
                        Ain't that the truth.
                        My friends and I were discussing after seeing the other results Saturday night how we still have a chance to win the conference, despite blowing 4 chances over the last month.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

My friends and I were discussing after seeing the other results Saturday night how we still have a chance to win the conference, despite blowing 4 chances over the last month.
                          Considering how bad our last month has been, IF (and that's REALLY MASSIVE IF) we sweep the spartans, we win. How that happens is beyond me. Other than a lot of help from the gophers. So it's funny to see them try to bash us. After their sweep of us a month ago- they could have run away with the conference- instead we are still tied with them in 2nd. Bash all you want, I suppose, but you are doing it as much to the mirror as you are to us.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            Considering how bad our last month has been, IF (and that's REALLY MASSIVE IF) we sweep the spartans, we win. How that happens is beyond me. Other than a lot of help from the gophers. So it's funny to see them try to bash us. After their sweep of us a month ago- they could have run away with the conference- instead we are still tied with them in 2nd. Bash all you want, I suppose, but you are doing it as much to the mirror as you are to us.
                            So, I hear there's some hockey games this weekend. Looks like both sold out fairly quickly once the fans realized first place is on the line.

Michigan needs the sweep to win the conference. Ok, that's not true, taking 4 points on the weekend and a MN - PSU split could do it to. But, let's just say sweep. I still can't believe Michigan controls their own destiny for conference title after 5 losses in the last 4 weeks.

Arenas visited:

Comment

So, I hear there's some hockey games this weekend. Looks like both sold out fairly quickly once the fans realized first place is on the line.

Michigan needs the sweep to win the conference. Ok, that's not true, taking 4 points on the weekend and a MN - PSU split could do it to. But, let's just say sweep. I still can't believe Michigan controls their own destiny for conference title after 5 losses in the last 4 weeks.
                              Right now, I think #1 priority is to not have to play nex Thursday- 4 points. If we get 6, we do win the regular season, regardless. 3 points and we need to see the same thing happen in St. Paul. 2 points and we need a TON of help. 1 or 0 means we play Thursday without question.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

I somehow managed to find STUDENT TICKETS to buy for Saturday night. I hope that I can handle it. It's a sparty game and I typically lose my voice twice during those games anyway. Now that it will mean so much coupled with my utter HATRED for anything east landfill will mean that I won't make it even one period before I lose my voice.

This is gonna be so much fun. Who says you can't go home again?

Comment

Working...
                                X