PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Wolverines 2014-15 season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

alfablue
03-21-2015, 07:48 PM
At the Joe, and the announcer sounds kind of familiar.

Hmmm

alfablue
03-21-2015, 10:54 PM
Ugh.

Just not enough tonight, or all season for that matter.

Go4PuckFan2.0
03-21-2015, 11:55 PM
Great game guys.

You should be very proud of your hockey team.

Tragic that these match ups can't be of the "Best of 5" variety.

Let's do it again next year.

pgb-ohio
03-22-2015, 12:04 AM
Great game guys.

You should be very proud of your hockey team.

Tragic that these match ups can't be of the "Best of 5" variety...In one sense it was; with the Gophers prevailing 3 games to 2 over the course of the season. Didn't have a chance to see all five games, but did see quite a bit of the head-to-head. Lots of fun hockey. Despite the widespread angst over the BTN, it does offer some advantages.

The Rube
03-22-2015, 12:29 AM
Great game, guys. Twocox had to step up at times, and the first goals for both teams....the goalies had no chance on. Helluva game to see.

MGoBlueHockey
03-22-2015, 12:36 AM
In one sense it was; with the Gophers prevailing 3 games to 2 over the course of the season. Didn't have a chance to see all five games, but did see quite a bit of the head-to-head. Lots of fun hockey. Despite the widespread angst over the BTN, it does offer some advantages.

The announcers really do it for me with the network. For whatever reason, the BTN PBP guy always openly roots for and slobbers all over the team that is playing Michigan. He isn't even a hockey guy, he did other sports on the network before hockey was added to the B1G and did the same thing then.

A shame. The B1G looks at hockey as just another one of the sports. It's Football, Men's Basketball and Women's Basketball to them.

The Rube
03-22-2015, 12:38 AM
The announcers really do it for me with the network. For whatever reason, the BTN PBP guy always openly roots and slobbers all over the team that is playing Michigan. He isn't even a hockey guy, he does other sports on the network before.

A shame. The B1G looks at hockey as just another one of the sports. It's Football, Men's Basketball and Women's Basketball to them.

I am not sure who you are referring to, I admit, since I don't have cable. But if it's Pizzo you are referring to, he's one of the good guys on BTN. He has been very active in taking feedback and giving info on the GPL board. Very approachable, and there are times that some posters have been very...frank...in their posts.

MGoBlueHockey
03-22-2015, 12:43 AM
I am not sure who you are referring to, I admit, since I don't have cable. But if it's Pizzo you are referring to, he's one of the good guys on BTN. He has been very active in taking feedback and giving info on the GPL board. Very approachable, and there are times that some posters have been very...frank...in their posts.

No. Pizzo is the studio guy. He'd probably be a hell of lot better than the PBP guy. I don't care if you suck, but just don't root against a team on a network that's supposed to be neutral. For God sake, I'd rather have the FS North guys who ARE supposed to be MN homers. At least they aren't ******s to the opposing team's fans that are watching when it's a simulcast.

The Rube
03-22-2015, 12:48 AM
No. Pizzo is the studio guy. He'd probably be a hell of lot better than the PBP guy. I don't care if you suck, but just don't root against a team on a network that's supposed to be neutral. For God sake, I'd rather have the FS North guys who ARE supposed to be MN homers. At least they aren't ******s to the opposing team's fans that are watching when it's a simulcast.

Adringa, maybe (sp?)?

alnike
03-22-2015, 01:09 AM
I think it was the BIG play by play guy Kelly who popped a rod when the ENG went in and said something like "Good Night Michigan". Wouldn't they want multiple teams representing from the B1G? But there was only one who earned it this year.

The Rube
03-22-2015, 01:20 AM
I think it was the BIG play by play guy Kelly who popped a rod when the ENG went in and said something like "Good Night Michigan". Wouldn't they want multiple teams representing from the B1G? But there was only one who earned it this year.

Ok. Kelly is not the best, but it isn't because of bias. He's just not that good, from what I've read.

5mn_Major
03-22-2015, 02:30 AM
Great season. Great team. Slow start really hurt. You deserved to be in the NCAAs. No question.

These guys are a little over the top. Its part of announcing...but they have a tendency to each side is great in turn. It was MN's turn because they won.

UMICH
03-22-2015, 03:38 AM
At the Joe, and the announcer sounds kind of familiar.

Hmmm

I thought the same thing...

UMICH
03-22-2015, 03:40 AM
And end season....

captain beefheart
03-22-2015, 08:53 AM
The announcers really do it for me with the network. For whatever reason, the BTN PBP guy always openly roots for and slobbers all over the team that is playing Michigan. He isn't even a hockey guy, he did other sports on the network before hockey was added to the B1G and did the same thing then.

That play by play guy was GUSHING over the Gophers all weekend. It was unbearable, and I am a Gopher fan:o. Anyhow, I sure am glad not to have to face a RESTED Michigan team again. Good battles this year. We will try to represent the Big 10 with our own version of the M.:cool:

pgb-ohio
03-22-2015, 09:09 AM
No. Pizzo is the studio guy. He'd probably be a hell of lot better than the PBP guy. I don't care if you suck, but just don't root against a team on a network that's supposed to be neutral. For God sake, I'd rather have the FS North guys who ARE supposed to be MN homers. At least they aren't ******s to the opposing team's fans that are watching when it's a simulcast.You certainly have a point on the announcers. For my part, I think one of the color guys, Ben Clymer, becomes too partisan at times. I was referring more to having consistent access to the games, live, and on the same channel. I watched most of each of the five games, and appreciated the opportunity to do so. While I usually don't bother to actually mute the sound, I don't pay that much attention to the announcers. If I did mute, the experience wouldn't be that different for me.

alfablue
03-22-2015, 10:09 AM
Great season. Great team. Slow start really hurt. You deserved to be in the NCAAs.

The way we were playing at the end of the season, sure. As posted in another forum, had we played like that all season, it would be a matter of what seed.

Alas, a slow start killed us, as well as some bad B1g losses.

One can argue that right now we are better than other tournament teams, but it's hard to argue that we deserve to be there. Have to take the season as a whole.

UMICH
03-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Not yet....

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2015/3/24/8284809/red-berenson-plans-to-return

alfablue
03-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Not yet....

Not a big shock- he's got one year left on his contract, and probably everyone will be back. Larkin is with the Wings- a team not at all known for bringing players out early (and Red is a friend with Mike), Werenski isn't even drafted yet (could go...), Copp and Compher- well- didn't really give a good reason that anyone would want them NOW vs. next year, pretty much like the rest of the team. Racine ended the season well- and we may get a goalie from UNH.

So if he can get them playing together from the drop of the first puck- next year could be a good one.

Then it will be more likely he leaves.

Mich Tech 64
03-24-2015, 04:43 PM
Not yet....

Who is that guy walking behind Red in that picture? Is it too early to speculate on Red's replacement. How about Chris Bergeron or Mike Hastings?