Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2014-15 season

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
    Ugg! That was a brutal game to be at. First, the BC crowd was mostly absent. I assume they were on break or close to it. The arena was probably about 50% full. Second, there were a lot of Michigan fans there, albeit in small pockets scattered around the rink.

For the game play, Michigan looked rough in the first period. That being said, they hit the post a couple of times and missed the net a ton. I would say, for the night, they missed the net at least a dozen times. The turning point came in the first period. The teams were playing four on four. The defense pairing was Downing and Serville. Serville pinched in and could not get the puck, giving up a 2 on 1 the other way. BC scores and that was it.

After the first period, Michigan played at the worst even and looked like they were controlling play in the second. When Michigan scored to make it 3-1, it looked like we could have come back. Downing and Martin made some big hits and momentum was on our side. Unfortunately, Downing made a huge hit right in front of the BC bench, which took him out of position and BC scored to make it 4-1. An empty netter later and we have the 5-1 final score.

In this game, the only defenseman I had complete confidence in was Werenski. Downing played well defensively, but could not keep control of the puck. Copp, Compher and Larkin all had good rushes, but we could not get much offense set up in the BC zone. Actually, Selman's line probably looked the best at setting up an offense, they just couldn't bury it.

Overall, a rough weekend for us. Luckily, the seafood and sights around Beantown made it a fun trip.
    Should have mentioned that you go to Legal Seafood. My SIL is a chef there.

We plan on taking my parents there when we are in town for the FF in April.

Comment

GLI thread:
      http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...Bulldogs-oh-my!
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Should have mentioned that you go to Legal Seafood. My SIL is a chef there.

We plan on taking my parents there when we are in town for the FF in April.
        I did go to A legal seafood. Aren't there a couple?
        Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

3- she's in the the big one that's 3 floors.

(so a comment on our hockey team, I think- we are so positive, a non hockey tanget has made it 3 posts)

Comment

It has begun, rest easy wT...

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...mann/20527205/
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              That news excited me more than the Harbaugh offer.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                That news excited me more than the Harbaugh offer.
                Where do we sent the requests?

1) get rid of the second announcer, and all of the spoken ads.
                2) stop (anything) brought to you by (anyone).
                3) stop goal horn. can't hear the band.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Where do we sent the requests?

1) get rid of the second announcer, and all of the spoken ads.
                  2) stop (anything) brought to you by (anyone).
                  3) stop goal horn. can't hear the band.
                  Jim Hackett
                  Interim Donald R. Shepherd Director of Athletics
                  JimHackettAD@umich.edu
                  734-764-9416
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Yes, there's a couple...

Legal Sea Foods - Boston - Copley Place Boston 100 Huntington Avenue 617-266-7775
                    Legal Sea Foods - Boston - Legal C Bar Logan Airport Terminal B Boston 1 Harborside Drive 857-241-2000
                    Legal Sea Foods - Boston - Legal Harborside Floor 1 Boston 270 Northern Avenue 617-477-2900
                    Legal Sea Foods - Boston - Legal Harborside Floor 2 Boston 270 Northern Avenue 617-477-2900
                    Legal Sea Foods - Boston - Legal Harborside Floor 3 Boston 270 Northern Avenue 617-477-2900
                    Legal Sea Foods - Boston - Legal Test Kitchen Logan Airport Terminal A Boston 1 Harborside Drive 617-568-1888
                    Legal Sea Foods - Boston - Legal Test Kitchen Seaport Boston 225 Northern Avenue 617-330-7430
                    Legal Sea Foods - Boston - Logan Airport Terminal B Boston 1 Harborside Drive 617-568-2811
                    Legal Sea Foods - Boston - Logan Airport Terminal C Boston 1 Harborside Drive 617-568-2800
                    Legal Sea Foods - Boston - Long Wharf Boston 255 State Street 617-742-5300
                    Legal Sea Foods - Boston - Park Square Boston 26 Park Plaza 617-426-4444
                    Legal Sea Foods - Boston - The Prudential Center Boston 800 Boylston Street 617-266-6800
                    Legal Sea Foods - Braintree - South Shore Plaza Braintree 250 Granite Street 781-356-3070
                    Legal Sea Foods - Burlington - Burlington Mall Burlington 75 Middlesex Turnpike 781-270-9700
                    Legal Sea Foods - Cambridge - Charles Square Cambridge 20 University Road 617-491-9400
                    Legal Sea Foods - Cambridge - Kendall Square Cambridge 5 Cambridge Center 617-864-3400
                    Legal Sea Foods - Chestnut Hill - Chestnut Hill Shopping Center Chestnut Hill 43 Boylston Street 617-277-7300
                    Legal Sea Foods - Chestnut Hill Fish Market - Chestnut Hill Shopping Center Chestnut Hill 43 Boylston Street 617-277-0404
                    Legal Sea Foods - Dedham - Legal C Bar Legacy Place Dedham 736 Legacy Place 781-234-6500
                    Legal Sea Foods - Framingham - Route 9 Framingham 50-60 Worcester Road 508-766-0600
                    Legal Sea Foods - Peabody - North Shore Mall Peabody 210 Andover Street 978-532-4500
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                      Jim Hackett
                      Interim Donald R. Shepherd Director of Athletics
                      JimHackettAD@umich.edu
                      734-764-9416
                      It's a shame pizza boy isn't around to email anymore. He was a real hoot.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        It's a shame pizza boy isn't around to email anymore. He was a real hoot.
                        Someone should track him down...

Comment

We knew this was coming but aaarrrggggghhhhhh, and to think we had trouble scoring before....

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...122614aaa.html

MONTREAL, Quebec -- University of Michigan ice hockey defenseman Zach Werenski and forwards JT Compher, Dylan Larkin and Tyler Motte have been selected for the 2015 U.S. National Junior Team roster. The team will participate in the International Ice Hockey Federation World Junior Championship from Dec. 26, 2014-Jan. 5, 2015, in Toronto and Montreal.

Competition for Team USA begins today (Friday, Dec. 26) at 3 p.m. with an opening game against Finland at the Bell Centre in Montreal. The game will air on the NHL Network and be streamed live on NHL.com.

Compher has 11 points (three goals, eight assists) in 15 games this season for the Wolverines. Larkin leads all Big Ten freshmen in scoring with 16 points (three goals, 13 assists). Motte has 14 points (five goals, nine assists) on the season, including a career-best four assists against Ohio State on Dec. 5. Werenski is second among Big Ten defensemen and freshmen with 12 points (three goals, nine assists).

Thirty-one current and former Wolverines have skated for Team USA in the World Junior Championship, including junior captain Andrew Copp, who led the team with five assists in five games at the 2014 IIHF World Junior Championship in Malmo, Sweden. Copp and Team USA fell to Russia, 5-3, in the quarterfinal round of the tournament. Team USA has medaled in three of the last five IIHF World Junior Championships, earning gold in 2010 and 2013 and bronze in 2011.

Thirty-nine Wolverines have played in the World Junior Championship, including 31 for the United States, seven for Canada and one for Sweden. Michigan players have brought home 21 medals including 11 gold medals, four silver medals and six bronze medals.

Compher, Larkin, Motte and Werenski will miss the Great Lakes Invitational (Dec. 28-29). They will return to face Minnesota at Yost Ice Arena on Jan. 9-10.

Team USA's schedule for the World Junior Championship (Times EST):

Fri., Dec. 26 -- vs. Finland, 3 p.m.
                          Sun., Dec. 28 -- vs. Germany, 8 p.m.
                          Mon., Dec. 29 -- vs. Slovakia, 4 p.m.
                          Wed., Dec. 31 -- at Canada, 4 p.m.
                          Fri., Jan. 2 -- Quarterfinals, TBD
                          Sun., Jan. 4 -- Semifinals, TBD
                          Mon., Jan. 5 -- Medal Round, TBD

Comment

Ugg! That was a brutal game to be at. First, the BC crowd was mostly absent. I assume they were on break or close to it. The arena was probably about 50% full. Second, there were a lot of Michigan fans there, albeit in small pockets scattered around the rink.

For the game play, Michigan looked rough in the first period. That being said, they hit the post a couple of times and missed the net a ton. I would say, for the night, they missed the net at least a dozen times. The turning point came in the first period. The teams were playing four on four. The defense pairing was Downing and Serville. Serville pinched in and could not get the puck, giving up a 2 on 1 the other way. BC scores and that was it.

After the first period, Michigan played at the worst even and looked like they were controlling play in the second. When Michigan scored to make it 3-1, it looked like we could have come back. Downing and Martin made some big hits and momentum was on our side. Unfortunately, Downing made a huge hit right in front of the BC bench, which took him out of position and BC scored to make it 4-1. An empty netter later and we have the 5-1 final score.

In this game, the only defenseman I had complete confidence in was Werenski. Downing played well defensively, but could not keep control of the puck. Copp, Compher and Larkin all had good rushes, but we could not get much offense set up in the BC zone. Actually, Selman's line probably looked the best at setting up an offense, they just couldn't bury it.

Overall, a rough weekend for us. Luckily, the seafood and sights around Beantown made it a fun trip.
                            You just described our defense in a nutshell. Too much individual risk taking (Serville/Dwning- which is partly why he is out of the WJT) and non existent backchecking by the forwards, too interested in pushing the offense. Another season w/o the NCAA's. The GLI may be palatable only because the team will be forced to actually focus on defense with four top guys gone.

Comment

Not sure about any of you but when I saw this I instantly thought of TJ Hensick playing for Michigan.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...ads-to-ot-goal

Comment

Mentioned in the game thread, but early game times for this weekend.

6:35 for Friday and 4:05 for Saturday.
                                Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Working...
                                X