PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Hockey City Classic

Spartanforlife4
08-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Just announced was the field for the 2015 Hockey City Classic at Soldier Field. (http://www.hockeycityclassic.com/)
Michigan State vs Michigan
Miami vs Western Michigan

I'm guessing this means MSU and UM will not have their annual meeting at Joe Louis since Michigan will not want to give up their second home game. Also explains why January 30th and February 7th were TBA on location.

alfablue
08-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Interesting.

But I have to be honest in offering outdoor games to other teams. Time to share the experience....

(which is a nice way of putting "again? seriously, how many times do we have to play outside?")

Too bad if the JLA game is lost- we may not have gone too many time recently, but SE MI sure loves that game downtown. Oh, well...

Spartanforlife4
08-11-2014, 02:54 PM
There's no Red Wings game scheduled for the 30th, and nothing scheduled for JLA then. Maybe UM did sell their second home game for this.

mcfarljd
08-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Why western?

alfablue
08-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Why western?

Conference game, and by graduates, WMU is bigger than most of your other conference mates. And a whole lot closer to Chicago.

my guess.

mcfarljd
08-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Conference game, and by graduates, WMU is bigger than most of your other conference mates. And a whole lot closer to Chicago.

my guess.

Tongue in cheek. That was the schools motto after they weren't originally included in the new conference.

I'm ready for another outdoor game. Hopefully the ice isn't **** this time.

Spartanforlife4
08-12-2014, 05:01 PM
If I remember right the day game (or maybe both games) was almost unwatchable on TV due to the glare the sun had on the ice.

alfablue
08-12-2014, 06:01 PM
Tongue in cheek. That was the schools motto after they weren't originally included in the new conference.

I'm ready for another outdoor game. Hopefully the ice isn't **** this time.

Ah...

So they are not your hockey rivals now- the only other MAC team, and the two largest schools in the NCHC? They should be.

streaker
08-12-2014, 08:50 PM
There's no Red Wings game scheduled for the 30th, and nothing scheduled for JLA then. Maybe UM did sell their second home game for this. I'm thinking that the JLA game is the Spartan's home game.

streaker
08-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Interesting.

But I have to be honest in offering outdoor games to other teams. Time to share the experience....

(which is a nice way of putting "again? seriously, how many times do we have to play outside?")

Too bad if the JLA game is lost- we may not have gone too many time recently, but SE MI sure loves that game downtown. Oh, well...

Brandon sold out on his Yost patrons. This was our home game methinks.

alfablue
08-13-2014, 06:39 AM

no wonder the season ticket price was lower.

MUhawks628
08-13-2014, 07:57 AM
Ah...

So they are not your hockey rivals now- the only other MAC team, and the two largest schools in the NCHC? They should be.

Different MAC divisions with no recent (any?) history between the schools. On-ice there have been some good games the last few years, but nothing that has sparked any kind of deep seated hated. Wouldn't mind seeing it build over time, but I doubt it's ever going to become overly heated.

But for real, "Why Western? ;)

Spartanforlife4
08-13-2014, 08:23 AM
I'm thinking that the JLA game is the Spartan's home game.

It would make sense. MSU is listed on the left in the "TEAM vs TEAM" template on the Hockey City website, which is normally reserved for the away team. The game on the 30th is still listed as TBA. I'm wondering if Brandon is somehow trying to buy the JLA game from MSU and move that to Yost, but who knows. When do you guys get season tickets shipped out? At this point that might be the only way to find out what happened.

But if it is true... Wow. $300 student football tickets, tickets across the board getting raised, the sky writing incident, and a myriad of other stuff, you guys have to be getting sick of Brandon, right?