PDA

View Full Version : U16 Slash in Budapest

TonyTheTiger20
08-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Yikes

http://deadspin.com/yeah-this-u16-girls-hockey-slash-should-probably-be-pr-1617226878

KTDC
08-07-2014, 09:14 AM
The Russian player already had 4 penalties in the game before this. Boarding, slashing, unsportsmanlike conduct, and cross-checking. I'd say at this point in her career, this girl is a menace!

She got booted from the tournament as well as the game.

TonyTheTiger20
08-07-2014, 09:32 AM
What goes through someone's head when they're about to take a swing at someone's head with a weapon?

pokechecker
08-07-2014, 09:35 AM
you forgot the 5th, butt ending

from Bates' twitter:

"Shoutout to Warrior for making Russian proof helmets that saved me from a concussion."

maybe the NHL will sign her, they are always looking for players like that

TonyTheTiger20
08-07-2014, 10:04 AM
you forgot the 5th, butt ending

from Bates' twitter:

"Shoutout to Warrior for making Russian proof helmets that saved me from a concussion."

maybe the NHL will sign her, they are always looking for players like that
Pfff haha that's great

The Gordie OWWW Hat Trick har har har har harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

96IllinoisDad
08-07-2014, 12:50 PM
If that would have occurred in New Hampshire, I suspect she would be facing the death penalty.

(Oh wait, Bates joked about it afterward and didn't threaten to sue - nvm.)

RStarr
08-07-2014, 10:56 PM
passion, something most american players lack.

TonyTheTiger20
08-08-2014, 07:03 AM
You know, I had been wondering if you and pokechecker were the same person. Neither of you have any subtlety when you want to troll.

D2D
08-08-2014, 09:25 AM
You know, I had been wondering if you and pokechecker were the same person. Neither of you have any subtlety when you want to troll.

My first thought was that the comment was so dumb it did not deserve a response!

OnMAA
08-08-2014, 10:04 AM

Nah, one is a he, one is a she.

KTDC
08-08-2014, 10:19 AM

I thought it was intended to be tongue in cheek and humorous, but didn't translate without the hilarious tone of voice.

CrazyDave
08-08-2014, 11:00 AM
I thought it was intended to be tongue in cheek and humorous, but didn't translate without the hilarious tone of voice.
Agreed.

Also, too often "passion" has equaled "undisciplined actions". There's an extremely fine balance.

Hux
08-09-2014, 09:12 AM
If that would have occurred in New Hampshire, I suspect she would be facing the death penalty.

(Oh wait, Bates joked about it afterward and didn't threaten to sue - nvm.)
True...and in Canada would have resulted in arrest on the spot.

chippy
08-09-2014, 11:50 PM
Looks like a perfect B.C. recruit to me. Her tactics would fit in well with some past BC Playoff tactics I've witnessed... Right Hux...?

Chip:cool:

kool99
08-10-2014, 05:32 AM
Up to the U18 level, the Russians have a reputation for employing a lot of nasty stickwork (slashing, hooking, etc.) and going well over the line in aggressively 'protecting' their goalie. Often the result hinges upon the quality of the referees. This case, is obviously something completely different. This girl clearly has some serious issues, but based on my experience, she is not going to get any psychological help from anyone on the Russian coaching staff. It is important for North Americans to remember that Russians are not Europeans. They have a very different culture and approach to things.