Boston Frozen Four tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Frozen Four tickets

I've never been to a Frozen Four yet but I'm hoping to find a way to Boston this year in April.

Been to numerous D-I regionals over the years but with the FF being 3 hours away this year, I'd like to try and get there.

Just wondering if anyone has any sort of tips or advice on getting tickets. I believe there is a lottery for them? Or has that already taken place, if it hasn't can I sign up somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Boston Frozen Four tickets

I don't think the "lottery" has happened for a few years. I'd assume there will be some seats available to people without priority again. Just keep an eye out for the dates.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      I've never been to a Frozen Four yet but I'm hoping to find a way to Boston this year in April.

Been to numerous D-I regionals over the years but with the FF being 3 hours away this year, I'd like to try and get there.

Just wondering if anyone has any sort of tips or advice on getting tickets. I believe there is a lottery for them? Or has that already taken place, if it hasn't can I sign up somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
      worst case scenario, go on the uscho forum tickets board.... there are always posters looking to unload their tickets and often times, just looking to get the face value+service fee+shipping....

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        I don't think the "lottery" has happened for a few years. I'd assume there will be some seats available to people without priority again. Just keep an eye out for the dates.
        the last couple of years, people have been able to select their seats... they open up windows where the different priority numbers have time to purchase, working their way down until they open to general public.... I can't imagine there will be a lot of general tickets available given the demand boston has seen in the past...

Comment

Here's a place to sign up for updates.

http://www.ncaa.com/newsletter-signup/icehockeym

Technically the lottery still exists, but it hasn't really been meaningful in the last couple of years -- everybody who entered the lottery "won" in the sense they got a ticket. The long time attendees got to pick their tickets earlier and therefore got better seats, but pretty much everyone who wanted a ticket got one. And while I've never seen them admit it, I don't think the FF sold out, because I was getting emails the day of the game saying tickets were still available. With the FF in the middle of a hockey hotbed, it's possible that there will be a sellout again the lottery may become meaningful. I'd say sign up for the email updates, and in the worst case, if you don't get a ticket through the NCAA, you'll be able to buy one on the secondary market, such as the one on this board. Good luck.

Comment

I have been in touch with my friend at the Garden and she will be notifying me as soon as suites are available for purchase. I don't know what the price will be, but I expect it to be high since this is Boston.
            For those interested, please email jhfhockey(@)gmail.com and I'll add you to the mailing list. Suites in Boston seat 12, 18, 25 and 50 (with extra tickets available SRO in the suite).

Hopefully the price for Tampa is still reasonable when we go back down there.

Comment

Just curious, are there some tickets "reserved" to be sold by the schools who make the Frozen Four to their students and fans and such? On the one in a million chance Northeastern makes it, I'd hate to be screwed out of a chance to see it right in our backyard because I didn't anticipate a once in a lifetime season the summer beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                Just curious, are there some tickets "reserved" to be sold by the schools who make the Frozen Four to their students and fans and such? On the one in a million chance Northeastern makes it, I'd hate to be screwed out of a chance to see it right in our backyard because I didn't anticipate a once in a lifetime season the summer beforehand.
                All 4 participating schools get a decent size block of tickets in the lower bowl corner to side. However, the schools decide how to allocate their own tickets and oftentimes only season ticket holders or special interest alumni(i.e. large donors) and those in the know get them especially if it is a local school.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                  Northeastern in the frozen four? Ahahaha.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    Northeastern in the frozen four? Ahahaha.
                    That was cute...
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

What is so funny? Did not the Huskies make the Providence FF in 1982?

Comment

Sorry I couldn't help myself.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          What is so funny? Did not the Huskies make the Providence FF in 1982?
                          And?

Are you expecting Belgium to perhaps go colonize west Africa next week too?
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            And?

Are you expecting Belgium to perhaps go colonize west Africa next week too?
                            We'll, I doubt that will happen. But, the Huskies do have a decent goalie and a goal scorer.

Comment

I went to the semis in Philadelphia this year, and I was able to purchase tickets on StubHub the night before. (I actually checked it on a whim, saw that tickets were about a hundred dollars cheaper than they were earlier that week, had a minor heart attack, and convinced my boss that it'd be okay for me to leave at noon the next day.) I doubt this will be the case in Boston, unless somehow none of the area schools make it in to the Frozen Four, but it was super easy to get tickets to Philadelphia this year.
                              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                              X