X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston Frozen Four tickets

Originally posted by CLS View Post
    Priority 13

Only lower bowl seats available were behind net.
    With the one dramatic exception -- eddieras -- that's been true from the start. The good news is that we're approximately 1/3 of the way through the priority numbers, and it appears that there are plenty of lower bowl seats still available. Provided you're willing to purchase at $250, of course.

One thing I'm curious about though. The sections in the lower bowl with seats available were 5-8 and 16-19. I wonder where the school allotments will be -- 4, 9, 15, and 20 maybe?
    No inside info, but based on Pitt & Philly assignments, that's highly likely. It should be kept in mind that the top few Rows of Loge 20 were included in the lottery. Maybe 20 is slightly bigger than the others, I don't know. But even taking that into account, I expect that you'll be proven correct.

See you at the Switzer Tailgate on 4/11? I understand he's serving Lobster.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
      ... The good news is that we're approximately 1/3 of the way through the priority numbers, and it appears that there are plenty of lower bowl seats still available. Provided you're willing to purchase at $250, of course.

or $600

Comment

With the one dramatic exception -- eddieras -- that's been true from the start. The good news is that we're approximately 1/3 of the way through the priority numbers, and it appears that there are plenty of lower bowl seats still available. Provided you're willing to purchase at $250, of course.
        Can't say I'm surprised. I would be willing to bet there is a big dropoff in people with priorities between 10 and 18 (or whatever the highest level is) with maybe slight bumps at 17/16 for people that (smartly) rejected the idea of hockey on a football field or (stupidly) rejected the idea of hockey in Florida and stuck with the rest. That hardcore chunk at the top doesn't want to be anything less than the best priority and/or just simply goes no matter what and has the highest priority. I think for a while the rush to compile priority points was not a big deal for some and then people starting seeing the value in it trying to get into the lower bowl and started piling on every year even if that meant buying through the lottery and selling (like myself). Plus there was a while when those of us that were applying were rejected for the lottery (Buffalo in particular) and then things opened up and no one was having an issue getting in through this process.

I'll be picking seats on Monday, will let you know what I see. I'll be happy with lower bowl end zone as the long view of the rink is quite nice as long as you're high enough.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Can't say I'm surprised. I would be willing to bet there is a big dropoff in people with priorities between 10 and 18 (or whatever the highest level is) with maybe slight bumps at 17/16 for people that (smartly) rejected the idea of hockey on a football field or (stupidly) rejected the idea of hockey in Florida and stuck with the rest. That hardcore chunk at the top doesn't want to be anything less than the best priority and/or just simply goes no matter what and has the highest priority. I think for a while the rush to compile priority points was not a big deal for some and then people starting seeing the value in it trying to get into the lower bowl and started piling on every year even if that meant buying through the lottery and selling (like myself). Plus there was a while when those of us that were applying were rejected for the lottery (Buffalo in particular) and then things opened up and no one was having an issue getting in through this process.
          Yes, plus the fact that for the first 5 years, no one knew that they were earning points -- or not. Priority points were awarded from Milwaukee 1997 forward. But the current system didn't even start until St. Paul 2002. One consequence is that in order to have a "perfect score" of 18, you had to purchase at least 1 one ticket for Anaheim 1999. Many regulars passed on that particular trip. Yet another reason why the number of Priority 18s is fairly small.

I'll be picking seats on Monday, will let you know what I see. I'll be happy with lower bowl end zone as the long view of the rink is quite nice as long as you're high enough.
          Best of luck and thanks.

Question: What Row # qualifies as "high enough" at the Garden?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

we should coordinate seats... i'll be in touch monday morning....

Comment

No inside info, but based on Pitt & Philly assignments, that's highly likely. It should be kept in mind that the top few Rows of Loge 20 were included in the lottery. Maybe 20 is slightly bigger than the others, I don't know. But even taking that into account, I expect that you'll be proven correct.

See you at the Switzer Tailgate on 4/11? I understand he's serving Lobster.
              I would not be surprised that the NCAA has determined there will likely be at least one school that does not draw as well as the other 3 and has accounted for that by poaching a few seats from one of the team corners. The other possibility is that the same seats in the other 3 corners are reserved for the NCAA or host school.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                Was he perhaps looking for $200 seats or didn't want to sit behind the goal? See my post below (103). I had no trouble getting four seats together.
                Didn't want to sit behind the goal.
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                  we should coordinate seats... i'll be in touch monday morning....
                  And while you're waiting for Monday, maybe you could find a good quality seating chart for the Garden and post it?

IIRC, you've found good seating charts for us several times in the past.

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                  I would not be surprised that the NCAA has determined there will likely be at least one school that does not draw as well as the other 3 and has accounted for that by poaching a few seats from one of the team corners. The other possibility is that the same seats in the other 3 corners are reserved for the NCAA or host school.
                  Both very plausible theories; most likely one is correct.

Comment

http://bruins.io-media.com/ is the Bruins virtual seat finder. Does not show exact seat views however.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/boston-b...NS_1415_IND_GW is the seat finder for the last Bruins game the week before the Frozen 4. Even sold seats are labeled so you can see the exact configuration. Be careful not to purchase seats however.

Comment

And while you're waiting for Monday, maybe you could find a good quality seating chart for the Garden and post it?

IIRC, you've found good seating charts for us several times in the past.
                      you mean these old things?
                      http://www.tdgarden.com/wp-content/u...map_bruins.pdf

http://bruins.io-media.com/

Comment

Yup. Those who have yet to buy should keep these charts handy during the process. Each of the three sources you guys identified adds a different and helpful perspective when comparing locations. Also, for purposes of the thread conversation, it's good to have a chart available with a single click.

One more thought on the school allotment question. Unless I'm totally misreading the map, Loge 15 loses some seats to the Zamboni entrance. Maybe the number or seats lost in Loge 15 = the number of seats made public in Loge 20.

Comment

Paging Priority 11... Paging Priority 11... Your Window Opens This Morning...

Comment

Nick Papagiorgio and I both are in Loge 5 Row 19 as Priority 11. Between the two of us we got 5 seats together. Lower Bowl on both ends are the only $250 seats available. Didn't spend too much time looking around in order to secure what appeared to be the best to suit our needs. Behind the nets was almost entirely gone, but there were some here and there.

Comment

Pickings are worse than last year- we managed to get Loge 5, row 22. We were farther behind the goalie last year.

Apparently people who have higher priority but haven't gotten tickets are getting them, or there are fewer seats for us.... But have them.

We had to guess what sections to try in- as opposed to just telling us where we could get 4 seats together. Using a Ticket master like system would have been a whole lot easier. The link for the game just before the FF has all the open seats all over the arena- no guessing on what section. Oh, well- still better than before.

Comment

As of 5pm EST here is what is available in the lower bowl:

$600 seats - Can be had in all sections but #12. Groups and singles available.
                                $250 seats - Single seats only remain in Sections 5(47), 6(15), 7(14), 8(39), 16(27), 17(10), 18(9)
                                seats remaining in parenthesis

Section 19 has 40 single seats and one block of 5 available in row 25

Balcony on the sides can still be had, but you're essentially limited to row 9 or so and higher up
                                Last edited by gscott13; 10-13-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X