No announcement yet.

>>>>> RIT TIGERS - Countdown to the Opening of the Gene Polisseni Center! <<<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Countdown to the Opening of the Gene Polisseni Center! <<<<<

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
    I got an email on 6/27 with all the info, and the email said that the info would be physically mailed, but I never got anything in the mail.

Now that you mention it I think my wife may have received the email Thanks

Comment

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Countdown to the Opening of the Gene Polisseni Center! <<<<<

It was in today's mail
      How timely

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        His Facebook page still has him attending RIT 2014-18, and as noted above his Twitter profile (on which he's active) still says "Committed to RIT". Obviously lack of a change on social media isn't proof that he hasn't changed his plans, but it still seems odd.

Powers &8^]
        Found some info from college hockey commitments which has him coming in in 2015-2016. He decided this year to attend RIT won't becoming until next year however. http://www.collegecommitments.com

Comment

Originally posted by ritBLKnORGsuit View Post
          Found some info from college hockey commitments which has him coming in in 2015-2016. He decided this year to attend RIT won't becoming until next year however. http://www.collegecommitments.com
          Super news! if true...

On buying season tickets, I can't believe there is no way to specify what section and row you want. Off to a rocky start...
          Last edited by Tom Naeger; 07-08-2014, 09:11 AM.
          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule
          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Can you buy student season tickets online? Last year you couldn't so I hope they fixed that.

Also, since the Homecoming game is included in the seasons this year does it let you buy extra tickets now?

Comment

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post
              Can you buy student season tickets online? Last year you couldn't so I hope they fixed that.
              Yes

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post
              Also, since the Homecoming game is included in the seasons this year does it let you buy extra tickets now?
              No
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                Super news! if true...

On buying season tickets, I can't believe there is no way to specify what section and row you want. Off to a rocky start...
                You can't select anything online, it's all best available. Which is really awful even if you don't consider the fact that "Best Available" at 10AM was section 104...

RIT comes out looking pretty bad here, we're a solid 20 years behind on ticket purchasing technology if people have to call the box office manager or attend one of three events in order to pick their seats. Hell, even the homecoming game last year featured a better ticket purchasing experience.
                RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                  RIT comes out looking pretty bad here, we're a solid 20 years behind on ticket purchasing technology if people have to call the box office manager or attend one of three events in order to pick their seats. Hell, even the homecoming game last year featured a better ticket purchasing experience.
                  Don't forget, this is the first season selling tickets for the new arena; there isn't a previous year of season ticket sales to use as a starting point. The best way to get the tickets you want is through one-on-one interaction with a ticket agent, just as in most arenas. I say give the people a chance that are running the ticketing operation... it won't kill you to talk to someone. Yes, there is probably software out there that could could do the job better for a start-up arena. However, it is very common to use the "best available" concept... a local example is GEVA theater. Call in or talk to someone in person, get the seats you want, and let's move on.
                  RIT TIGERS
                  Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                  Frozen Four 2010
                  The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Just browsing the summer news and perhaps many of you already know, I read that Chris Tanev re-signed with the Canucks this weekend, certainly good news for RIT fans.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dds5n?u...couver-canucks
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by RITFan67 View Post
                      Don't forget, this is the first season selling tickets for the new arena; there isn't a previous year of season ticket sales to use as a starting point. The best way to get the tickets you want is through one-on-one interaction with a ticket agent, just as in most arenas. I say give the people a chance that are running the ticketing operation... it won't kill you to talk to someone. Yes, there is probably software out there that could could do the job better for a start-up arena. However, it is very common to use the "best available" concept... a local example is GEVA theater. Call in or talk to someone in person, get the seats you want, and let's move on.
                      Maybe but RIT already has demonstrated the technology effectively. Last year for homecoming they had an online seat selection option that updated in real time to show available seating and let you select any number. It was actually surprisingly robust and effective.

Flash forward a year, RIT Hockey has known the GPC was being built for longer than that, I don't see any reason or excuse why they wouldn't build that technology into season tickets. Hell, try finding a good seat map on the RIT hockey website! The only one I've found exists only on the site soliciting you to buy a seat for $500-1000 bucks...and that doesn't show seats purchased for season tickets.

I understand "best available" is common, but it's usually one option with the option to select seats also being available online. I have no problem with a best available option, but also the option to select my own seats. I've never seen a professional sporting event with reserved seating not give an online option to pick your seats or, at the very least, your section.

Is everyone buying tickets for games going to have to call Stacy Hirst or come on campus to pick their seats? You can tell the 200 season ticket holders to suck it up...but what about the other 4000 people who don't want to wait a week for a callback? It's a basic functionality that RIT needs if they want to bring in the casual and community crowd.
                      RIT

Comment

Went to Gordon FH this afternoon to buy my season tix. It was worth going to see the pics of the view from each section, and then choosing the actual seats I'll have all season. Perhaps the school will eventually do all this on the 'net, but for now it'll do. I'm just thrilled not to have to sit on bleachers any more. Seats still avg out to $13/game.

Comment

That's awesome! I'm getting all hyped about the new Arena and I realistically won't see a game player there for several years. It almost makes me want to move back to Rochester... almost.

Originally posted by ken66 View Post
                          Went to Gordon FH this afternoon to buy my season tix. It was worth going to see the pics of the view from each section, and then choosing the actual seats I'll have all season. Perhaps the school will eventually do all this on the 'net, but for now it'll do. I'm just thrilled not to have to sit on bleachers any more. Seats still avg out to $13/game.
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

Some people in our group opted for Club seating and some opted for regular reserved seating... ALL of us have great seats for the season!
                            Last edited by RITFan67; 07-10-2014, 06:41 PM.
                            RIT TIGERS
                            Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Latest photos of the rink! http://ritbehindthebricks.com/polisseni-center-update/
                              RIT TIGERS
                              Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Looks like Canisius may have an issue with their exhibition game as the location is TBD. My guess is the Harbor Center may not be ready for that date. On the plus side for the Griffs is they will play Western Michigan at First Niagara Center and the will welcome their Coach's al mater Ohio State to the Harbor Center.

If there is one complaint I have about this coming year is the lack of a big name team coming to the Polisseni Center. With respect to the ECAC teams that are coming it would have been nice to see the Men get a team from Hockey East, NCHA, or Big Ten to play at the Polisseni Center. The women were able to lock up a few nice games there. Yes I know BC is coming to town and that is big and should be played at Blue Cross. But I feel greedy...
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X