No announcement yet.

It's (finally) official: Oswego St/Utica to play in Frozen Dome Classic Nov. 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's (finally) official: Oswego St/Utica to play in Frozen Dome Classic Nov. 22

Accoring to the article, Oswego and Utica season ticket holders will be able to buy pre-sale tickets soon. Prices range from $20-50.

From the Oswego website:

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The Oswego State men's ice hockey team has been included in a historic tripleheader of games known as the "Frozen Dome Classic," at Syracuse University's Carrier Dome on Sat., Nov. 22 which will be hosted by the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League (AHL). Oswego will play a contest against Utica College that afternoon with the Crunch to follow with a game against the Utica Comets. Also playing prior to those two games will be law enforcement agencies from both the Syracuse and Utica areas.

Purchasing a ticket will allow fans to see all the action that day. Prices for the tickets are as follows: $50, $30 and $20 (plus applicable facility and TM fees). A section of tickets have been blocked off for Oswego fans and will be made available at 10 a.m. on June 17. General public tickets will be available at ticketmaster.com at 10 a.m. on June 24.

"We are very thankful to the Syracuse Crunch and Mr. Dolgon for giving Oswego State the opportunity to partake in this historic event," said Lakers' head coach Ed Gosek. "It will be a honor to be a part of this day and to have another classic battle with Utica College."

The ice rink will be set up similarly to the Carrier Dome's basketball configuration. Using this layout, the renowned Carrier Dome can seat more than 30,000 fans. The Carrier Dome is well accustomed to hosting large crowds. Since 1983 the Dome has broken the NCAA's men's basketball on-campus attendance record 14 times, most recently when the Syracuse Orange hosted the Duke Blue Devils on Feb. 1, 2014, and 35,446 fans attended.

The Crunch and Comets will attempt to break the AHL's single-game indoor attendance record that was set on Jan. 18, 1997 as 20,672 fans watched as Carolina beat Kentucky 5-4 at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, N.C. That is the fourth-largest regular season crowd to view an AHL game as outdoor games take the first three spots, including the Crunch's 2-1 win over Binghamton on Feb. 20, 2010 at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, N.Y.

"Four years ago the Syracuse Crunch staged the first outdoor game in American Hockey League history, attended by a record-setting crowd," said Crunch owner Howard Dolgon. "On Nov. 22 we will once again make history by playing the first-ever professional hockey game in the iconic Carrier Dome, a facility that has hosted numerous major sporting and entertainment events. We greatly appreciate the partnership with Syracuse University and plan on doing everything we can to put on a first class show."

Please stay tuned over the coming months as more details become available. Updates can be found on the athletics website, on Twitter at @OswegoAthletics or by checking Facebook.
    Last edited by LakerFan99; 06-11-2014, 02:25 PM.

Re: It's (finally) official: Oswego St/Utica to play in Frozen Dome Classic Nov. 22

Does anyone think the game at the Dome will draw more than the
    (a) Campus Center?
    (b) Aud?

Seems a bit pricey.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: It's (finally) official: Oswego St/Utica to play in Frozen Dome Classic Nov. 22

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      (a) Campus Center?
      (b) Aud?

Seems a bit pricey.
      Ought to outdraw both. There are people all over CNY who are partial, and I think Mike Montagna may be a draw for some Laker fans.

Comment

(a) Campus Center?
        (b) Aud?

Seems a bit pricey.
        I think the day will get a large gate. They've certainly got 4 teams that should draw a lot of interest.

I'll go on record now saying the Utica/Oswego game has Atleast 5000 people there. Probably a good portion more than that.

The Comets/Crunch game should do really well too.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

The novelty of this thing with the addition of "Dome Foam" will draw many as well. I can't imagine the students will make the drive, and pay the high ticket price though?
          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

(a) Campus Center?
            (b) Aud?

Seems a bit pricey.
            50.00 is the best ticket and you get two games, plus the "event" that is this.
            Pretty good deal me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
              50.00 is the best ticket and you get two games, plus the "event" that is this.
              Pretty good deal me thinks.
              And where's the rest of the schedule?

Comment

And where's the rest of the schedule?
                A question--would this count as an away game for both teams on their schedule? Game time someone has to be home.

Comment

A question--would this count as an away game for both teams on their schedule? Game time someone has to be home.
                  I think under NCAA rules, it counts as a neutral site.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hell, I'm coming up for this. The hard part is a week earlier we honor the 50th anniversary of the hockey program, which was already going to be a big weekend. Wife may not like me taking trips up there two straight weekends.
                    MJBeckman
                    Oswego '93
                    Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
                    1991-1993
                    2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

I found it interesting that UC was not on the Oswego schedule until the opportunity for this game came up.....
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Utica only plays at home
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Anybody have any news on ticket availability now for UC/Oz STHs?
                          All I've seen is Crunch/Comets STHs can buy now with tickets available to general public on 24 June.

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                            Anybody have any news on ticket availability now for UC/Oz STHs?
                            All I've seen is Crunch/Comets STHs can buy now with tickets available to general public on 24 June.
                            I'm probably going to beg the wife to get tickets as an early anniversary/b-day present.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I would guess UC will be home....only because they used to be part of SU.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                              X