Norwich 14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 14-15

I'm not one to get ahead of myself, but if we beat Plymouth St. I look forward to the matchup with Amherst. I watched their game yesterday against Williams and honestly wasn't overly impressed with either team's performance.[/QUOTE]

Careful what you wish for, you might just get it. NESCAC teams Amherst and Trinity are built on defense and goaltending. Let's revisit your post in a couple of weeks shall we?

Comment

I like the idea we have a game this weekend instead of a bye to the 1/4 final. It is nice to know who you will be practicing for this weekend rather than doing toe loops and triple axels while waiting to see who wins the play in game. Norwich has played Plymouth State and knows thier style of play.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        One game at a time....next game up.
        Amen brother.
        Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
        Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
          Agree but it is what it is--now we just have to play the cards we have drawn. i try to understand this NCAA nonsense but I give up.

Clearly the most important thing for the Cadets to concentrate on is this is not the same 2014 model Plymouth we drove into the ditch by handing them a 9 to 1 loss early in the season. This is the new and improved 2015 Plymouth model that lost to Trinity by a goal and tied our old friends from Babson. Need to focus on who they are now--not what we recall they once were. Good luck Cadets.
          As usual Old Rook '66 you have things summed up very well ... any team that tied Babson 2-2 and dropped a close 4-5 decision to Trinity has my attention! Plymouth has played four games at Kreitzberg in the last two seasons ... two losses to the Cadets (9-1 this year and 10-4 last year - both in season openers) and losses to AMHERST (only 3-4) and to Milwaukee School of Engineering (1-3) in the 2014 Northfield Savings Bank tournament. They have been here before. They won't spend the first ten minutes looking around at the surroundings and watching the Cadets. They'll come in ready ... and hungry. Norwich had better be ready to play!

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
            My guess is Babson is no longer ranked and Nichols got ranked to help boost Hobart for the Pool C
            Which is why the "once ranked always ranked" approach is better. You can lose ground by knocking somebody out of the rankings, and it gives the committee the ability to do all kinds of strange things. I don't understand the need for secrecy.

As somebody said up above, there are advantages to playing instead of practicing for two weeks. The new schedule is kinder to teams that don't get byes than the old schedule was, for sure.
            Last edited by NUProf; 03-09-2015, 11:37 PM.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

As I used more words to point out in the Screwed Thread, Plattsburgh also took the L25 lead from Norwich on Saturday. Even if Babson stayed put, this would have moved the two teams into a 2-2 criteria tie, with Plattsburgh holding both the NCAA's old standby for tiebreakers (SOS) and its shiny new favorite (L25).
              Last edited by Dyce; 03-10-2015, 12:10 AM.
              Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
              A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
              A Handful of ECAC West Championships
              A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
              Some National Championships:
              Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
              Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                Which is why the "once ranked always ranked" approach is better. You can lose ground by knocking somebody out of the rankings, and it gives the committee the ability to do all kinds of strange things. I don't understand the need for secrecy.

As somebody said up above, there are advantages to playing instead of practicing for two weeks. The new schedule is kinder to teams that don't get byes than the old schedule was, for sure.
                Once ranked always ranked is strange in that you'll always see some team that has no reason for being ranked getting ranked in the first ranking to boost the resumes of either the east or west, they both constantly jockey for position, this stops then from doing any funny business
                http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                  Once ranked always ranked is strange in that you'll always see some team that has no reason for being ranked getting ranked in the first ranking to boost the resumes of either the east or west, they both constantly jockey for position, this stops then from doing any funny business
                  Definitely understand this, but I don't get how beating someone in a conference championship...especially a team like Babson...can then move them to be unranked so Norwich doesn't gain any with the committee. Seems a little wishy washy to me.

Nevertheless I am happy to not have two weeks off. Go get Plymouth State. The Dance is here.

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                    Definitely understand this, but I don't get how beating someone in a conference championship...especially a team like Babson...can then move them to be unranked so Norwich doesn't gain any with the committee. Seems a little wishy washy to me.

Nevertheless I am happy to not have two weeks off. Go get Plymouth State. The Dance is here.
                    A. Babson was ranked lower than OSU, B. Babson probably dropped out and Nichols in C. A Conference Tournament win means as much as a win Valentines weekend D. Plattsburgh beat Norwich in criteria (again) and was given the according spot unlike the last time.....it's not a hard concept to understand
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      A. Babson was ranked lower than OSU, B. Babson probably dropped out and Nichols in C. A Conference Tournament win means as much as a win Valentines weekend D. Plattsburgh beat Norwich in criteria (again) and was given the according spot unlike the last time.....it's not a hard concept to understand
                      Even I get it. #thanks
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        Guess I'm just a little behind the 8 ball. All I'm saying is I don't understand how Babson can drop out of the rankings two days after being beat in a conference Championship and then that Win gets totally wiped off the Cadets resume. No complaining, I just don't understand the system. And lastly I will always argue that a conference tournament win is much more important than a win on Valentines weekend. Either team would have deserved it, no question there. Only part I don't get is how much the standings can change after just one week.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                          Guess I'm just a little behind the 8 ball. All I'm saying is I don't understand how Babson can drop out of the rankings two days after being beat in a conference Championship and then that Win gets totally wiped off the Cadets resume. No complaining, I just don't understand the system. And lastly I will always argue that a conference tournament win is much more important than a win on Valentines weekend. Either team would have deserved it, no question there. Only part I don't get is how much the standings can change after just one week.
                          The importance of the conference tournament win was acknowledged via the automatic berth that was awarded for it. The selection criteria are designed to rank teams on their full body of work (except for the exasperating L25, but it's not like Norwich didn't reap the benefits of that silliness last season).
                          Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                          A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                          A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                          A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                          Some National Championships:
                          Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                          Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                            Understandable.
                            http://d3hockey.com/bracketology/men/14-15/ncaa-tournament-selection-process

You should take the time and read through the process explained above. They do a great job explaining things. You can argue your point of importance of a win, but unless you come to the reality that the NCAA Committee doesn't /shouldn't care, you will only be beating your against the wall.
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              Understandable.
                              http://d3hockey.com/bracketology/men...ection-process

You should take the time and read through the process explained above. They do a great job explaining things. You can argue your point of importance of a win, but unless you come to the reality that the NCAA Committee doesn't /shouldn't care, you will only be beating your against the wall.
                              Thanks for the link...playing a little bit of devils advocate this morning....or biased fan if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                                Babson was ranked 8th, the last ranked team in the east, it's not surprising at all for them to drop off a 15-6-3 (.625) team doesn't have the body of work to stay ranked, Nichols who I'm sure took their spot had a better win% and last 25%, it was enough to counteract their atrocious SOS. Toss in the fact it helps Hobart garner their Pool C and you have your answer. Hobart aside it's hard to argue against Nichols win% (.804) in primary criteria and (.833) in secondary Criteria. They have to choose the best 8 teams out of 49 Eastern teams. Normally the committee values SOS above all else in their criteria, but they know you have to win the games you schedule and Babson hasn't done that to a satisfactory level.

As for Norwich being ranked below Plattsburgh, the committee is not trying to right their wrong from last years Fiasco where Norwich got in over Plattsburgh. The criteria they look at just had Plattsburgh higher. SOS is the #1 thing they look at and I have a feeling that's the reason Plattsburgh is playing at home in the quarter finals, I am surprised Plattsburgh is getting a home game against Trinity(assuming Trinity wins)
                                http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Working...
                                X