Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 14-15

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    I had no problems. As usual, I was unimpressed by the level of "sportsmanship" of the Pilgrims.
    I concur. Just when Puck Voice thought he was seeing a "kinder and gentler" NEC....the old NEC demons returned. At this point in the season when I see a below .500 club pull that kind of nonsense I shutter that a leading player on NU will be needlessly hit and out for the remainder of the season. On another subject, I was shocked by the results of the Babson/Castleton game--but in the ECAC-E on any given night anyone can be a spoiler.
    Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
    Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Everybody is surprised at the Babson- Castleton score, but they were the third place team going in. I'm more concerned with the UMB team. THAT's the team we have to get over first.....BTW, how did they do against the Ponies last night?
      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
        Everybody is surprised at the Babson- Castleton score, but they were the third place team going in. I'm more concerned with the UMB team. THAT's the team we have to get over first.....BTW, how did they do against the Ponies last night?
        UMAss beat Skidmore 3 to 1. Babson still a very dangerous team--maybe in third place but had NU on the ropes until that last 5 second goal in that first game.

NU must take the next thee games one at a time, win all three and thus lay the pressure on both UMB and Babson that last weekend. I am absolutely blown away by this current NU team--as they once again last night seem to be able to score from any line.
        Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
        Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

After watching the game last night I wouldn't be so quick to blame NEC for sportsmanship. I think I would take a quick look at the sportsmanship of the home team. Norwich should have had at least 3 major checking from behind penalties, Pelletier started the scrum in the 3rd after what was a clean hit on Hale. Look at Norwich's penalties: slashing, elbowing, roughing as well as a couple of questionable leg checks, #22 dropping his gloves and running around at the end of the game not to mention all the slashes and disruptions on faceoffs. I think we can agree that the Norwich gets a lot breaks at home.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss12 View Post
            After watching the game last night I wouldn't be so quick to blame NEC for sportsmanship. I think I would take a quick look at the sportsmanship of the home team. Norwich should have had at least 3 major checking from behind penalties, Pelletier started the scrum in the 3rd after what was a clean hit on Hale. Look at Norwich's penalties: slashing, elbowing, roughing as well as a couple of questionable leg checks, #22 dropping his gloves and running around at the end of the game not to mention all the slashes and disruptions on faceoffs. I think we can agree that the Norwich gets a lot breaks at home.
            Checking a guy from behind head-first into the boards is a "clean hit"? Maybe I'm confusing which hit you're talking about, but that was the one that really stood out to me as being dirty.

That said, I agree that NU probably wasn't innocent, as they have shown a feisty side all year long. Generally, I think sportsmanship is overrated and don't mind some talking and scrums, but checking a guy from behind head-first into the boards is the equivalent of throwing at a guy's head in baseball: seriously dangerous and never excusable.
            Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

I missed the beginning of the ceremonial puck drop before today's game, who was the Veteran that dropped the puck? Is he related to Ty Reichenbach? Loved the standing ovation the crowd gave him as he walked off the ice. Thank you to all of you who have served!
              There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

It's his brother, Bo, a former Navy SEAL who lost both legs after an IED blast in Afghanistan.
                Norwich '13

Comment

NSN audio is good but video is frozen at 5:17 in the third. Same for others or is it just me?

Updated: Video ok now.
                  Last edited by nujack; 01-31-2015, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
                    NSN audio is good but video is frozen at 5:17 in the third. Same for others or is it just me?
                    Mine worked fine.
                    Norwich '13

Comment

Mine worked fine.
                      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                        Mine worked fine.
                        Ok, probably my end. Since the video was perfect and the audio was frozen I thought it might be at the NSN end.

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                          It's his brother, Bo, a former Navy SEAL who lost both legs after an IED blast in Afghanistan.
                          Thanks, I caught the interview with Tanner Acebo and Bo, he's a goalie too in sled hockey. I would love to see a game. Great to honor our troops and Bo in particular.
                          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

There's apparently a lot less to talk about when you win.
                            Norwich '13

Comment

Very excited for Friday's matchup with Castleton. They gave Babson and Umass a tough go this weekend and should come into Norwich with a lotta fire. Hoping it is a clean game and that the Cadets come in with just as much firepower as they did last week with NEC. One concern was when play got chippy and pretty bad Norwich's game definitely faltered. I like the way the team stands up for one another but I never want it to cross the line of giving into other teams dirtiness. One thing I hope they remember and that coach stresses is what I heard a fan say at last weeks NEC game, 'Hit em back where it really hurts.' Back of the net please.

GO WICK!

Comment

I'd be checking the equipment bags on Friday!
                                http://wtop.com/watercooler/2015/02/...a-constrictor/

Oh, intern?! Intern!
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X