Norwich 14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 14-15

I don't like them -- too hard to see the numbers on TV anyway (assuming we ever get to see games on TV any more). As for the Navy wearing camos, I was told it was a cost savings measure if all services had the same BDUs (or whatever they call them these days - I know they changed it to XYUs, but I forgot what X and Y are).
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      I don't like them -- too hard to see the numbers on TV anyway (assuming we ever get to see games on TV any more). As for the Navy wearing camos, I was told it was a cost savings measure if all services had the same BDUs (or whatever they call them these days - I know they changed it to XYUs, but I forgot what X and Y are).
      axis on a graph.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I am not sure how long the Cadets are going to use the Camos but it is almost impossible to pick out the numbers when the game is faced paced. How much longer are they going to wear them???
        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
          I am not sure how long the Cadets are going to use the Camos but it is almost impossible to pick out the numbers when the game is faced paced. How much longer are they going to wear them???
          In all likelihood, not as long as it will take for you to make good your wager.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            In all likelihood, not as long as it will take for you to make good your wager.
            I think I was still teaching a Norwich when this got started

Comment

The names on the back of the Norwich camo sweaters show up fine. And i think they would make a fine home uniform, adding a bit of branding to the military tradition of the school. (IIRC, West Point wears (or wore) their camo football uni's during the Army-Navy game.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                Don't mess with a winning streak.....
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by prezdejohnson09 View Post
                  don't mess with a winning steak.....
                  fyp
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by Former NUSuntan View Post
                    The names on the back of the Norwich camo sweaters show up fine. And i think they would make a fine home uniform, adding a bit of branding to the military tradition of the school. (IIRC, West Point wears (or wore) their camo football uni's during the Army-Navy game.
                    As a play by play guy I NEVER want to see the camos again! Names don't help much from 150 feet away!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                      As a play by play guy I NEVER want to see the camos again! Names don't help much from 150 feet away!
                      As the primary statistician, I've found the camos to be a little more trouble than the traditional white or maroons...However, they aren't too bad once you get used to them. I really like the look of the jerseys, they are sharp and I'm all for the team continuing to wear them while they're winning in them.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        As the primary statistician, I've found the camos to be a little more trouble than the traditional white or maroons...However, they aren't too bad once you get used to them. I really like the look of the jerseys, they are sharp and I'm all for the team continuing to wear them while they're winning in them.
                        You need a handicap. Play in BDU's.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Video highlights from Friday night's win over USM are now live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFmH...dVZi8H1laA1Ytg
                          WDEV/NSN Color Analyst 2011-2014
                          NSN NU Women's Hockey PBP 2014
                          Follow Me On The Twitter: @Tannerace

2000, 2003, 2010, 2011 (W) National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            You need a handicap. Play in BDU's.
                            As I said somewhere else, I don't think they are called BDUs any more. Three letters, ending in U, but they called them BDUs after they stopped calling them fatigues, and since BDU, I think there have been two more designations. I don't know why we keep renaming things that are really the same...

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              As I said somewhere else, I don't think they are called BDUs any more. Three letters, ending in U, but they called them BDUs after they stopped calling them fatigues, and since BDU, I think there have been two more designations. I don't know why we keep renaming things that are really the same...
                              From what I gather on Wikipedia (I know it's not a valid source for any academic reference, but it's use is justifiable in such casual circumstances), the Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) - which was shared by Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force - has been replaced by the Army Combat Uniform (ACU), Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform (MCCUU), Airmen Battle Uniform (ABU), and the Navy Working Uniform (MWU).

This leads me to 2 conclusions:

1. The reason for the renaming of it wasn't just because the pattern was changed, but also because it was no longer uniform across all of the armed forces.

2. The reason you can't remember the new acronym is because there are FOUR new acronyms!
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                                From what I gather on Wikipedia (I know it's not a valid source for any academic reference, but it's use is justifiable in such casual circumstances), the Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) - which was shared by Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force - has been replaced by the Army Combat Uniform (ACU), Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform (MCCUU), Airmen Battle Uniform (ABU), and the Navy Working Uniform (MWU).

This leads me to 2 conclusions:

1. The reason for the renaming of it wasn't just because the pattern was changed, but also because it was no longer uniform across all of the armed forces.

2. The reason you can't remember the new acronym is because there are FOUR new acronyms!
                                They are all fatigues as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X