Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

You may have noticed my active posting on the SUNYAC thread. So I'm opening up an ECAC East thread for offseason news, commitments, predictions, and all that. But...I'm also going to be opening threads for the offseasons in all the other conferences. At any rate, post away.

Re: ECAC East 2014-15 Offseason (News, Commitments, Predictions, etc.)

UMass-Boston is the team to beat on paper.

Castleton, Norwich, Babson all close behind.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Tornado in Rutland??
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        UMass-Boston is the team to beat on paper.

Castleton, Norwich, Babson all close behind.
        Shane Gorman, Travis Janke, and Chris Duszynski are a lot of production to replace for Norwich. But Norwich always keeps the recruit info top secret so it is hard to tell who is coming in this fall. So far I haven't noticed any players from Western Canada reporting.

Of the ECAC E teams the one I have seen most active in recruiting is Castleton. Wonder if Coach Moffit can bring Castleton to the next level and compete in the NCAA's each year? Babson also seems to always bring in the right guys to complement there outstanding goaltending but seems to come up short when facing the top end teams like Oswego who has goaltending to go along with lots of offense production.
        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Kyle Buffard looks like a good pickup for Castleton. Resume WHL draftee, played both in the USHL and NAHL. The player is coming off of an injury.

http://fresnomonsters.pointstreaksit...19/news_152289

Comment

the ecac east continues to get better every year--there are no easy games any longer--recruiting from all the schools seems to much more competitive this makes for a much stronger league top to bottom---should be another unpredictable year in the ecac east

Comment

Originally posted by dwb View Post
              the ecac east continues to get better every year--there are no easy games any longer--recruiting from all the schools seems to much more competitive this makes for a much stronger league top to bottom---should be another unpredictable year in the ecac east
              I hear how great the ECAC-E is. Then, on the national stage, they get exposed as frauds.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                I hear how great the ECAC-E is. Then, on the national stage, they get exposed as frauds.
                Exactly. I mentioned this during last season and everyone jumped all over me. It isn't that everyone has caught up with Norwich; it's that Norwich was not a good team last year. They will be even worse this season unless they find some super Frosh snipers. Babson is the only other team in this league worth talking about. Maybe castleton if Moffatt can get top guys to go there. UMB is not good. They play a cupcake OOC schedule.

Comment

How exactly did they get exposed as frauds?

The ECAC East runner up (Norwich) lost 3-2 at the SUNYAC runner up (Geneseo) in the NCAA Quarterfinals.
                  The ECAC East champion (Babson) lost 3-0 at home vs. the SUNYAC champion (Oswego) in the NCAA Quarterfinals.

Oswego was arguably the hottest team in the country coming into that game except for maybe St. Norbert.

How is that exposing themselves as fraud on the national level?

I'd say the Norwich result was respectable and you could argue the Babson game being shutout at home wasn't great, but still...it's not like they lost 6 or 7-0.

The ECAC East top to bottom has become a much stronger league in the time I've been out here for sure.

Is Norwich the same team they were in the early 2000's and in 2010?...No but they're still top 10 caliber.

Bottom line is the West is heads and tails above the East right now. You've alluded to part of it in your posts on the state of junior hockey in the east. I agree with you completely. That and the fact a lot of Eastern schools have been caught up in the financial aid mess of the last 5-8 years.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

The ECAC East runner up (Norwich) lost 3-2 at the SUNYAC runner up (Geneseo) in the NCAA Quarterfinals.
                    The ECAC East champion (Babson) lost 3-0 at home vs. the SUNYAC champion (Oswego) in the NCAA Quarterfinals.

Oswego was arguably the hottest team in the country coming into that game except for maybe St. Norbert.

I'd say the Norwich result was respectable and you could argue the Babson game being shutout at home wasn't great, but still...it's not like they lost 6 or 7-0.

The ECAC East top to bottom has become a much stronger league in the time I've been out here for sure.

Is Norwich the same team they were in the early 2000's and in 2010?...No but they're still top 10 caliber.

Bottom line is the West is heads and tails above the East right now. You've alluded to part of it in your posts on the state of junior hockey in the east. I agree with you completely. That and the fact a lot of Eastern schools have been caught up in the financial aid mess of the last 5-8 years.
                    Exactly!

Comment

Much has been said on the forum that junior A leagues in the east are not the strongest in the country. Everyone seems to agree on this one. Norwich has been most successful when they recruited players from Ontario, Western Canada, and the eastern leagues. I think we would all like to see a couple of D1 transfers (older players) and a few Canadian players to give the team more production. Norwich hockey is fun and exciting to watch so I will take whatever product they give us this year. Prez aren't all the D3 teams including St, Norbert in the same situation with financial aid as Norwich. No one with the exception of the NESCAC has much of an advantage.
                      Last edited by hawk; 06-02-2014, 05:00 PM.

Comment

NCAA performance 2010 - 2014 (5 years or one class +)

2013-14
                        Norwich 1-1 beat Salem St.(H) lost to Geneseo (A)
                        Babson 0-1 lost to Oswego (H)

2012-13
                        Norwich 1-1 beat Babson (H), lost to Oswego (N)
                        Babson 0-1 lost to Norwich (A)

2011-12
                        Norwich 1-1 beat Wentworth (H) lost to St. Norbert (N)

2010-11
                        Norwich 2-1 beat Curry (H), beat Plattsburgh (A), lost to St. Norbert (N)

2009 - 10
                        Norwich 3-0 (last championship) beat Elmira (H), beat Plattsburgh (N) beat St. Norbert (N)

Since the last national championship in 2010, not much to write home to mother about.

SUNYAC
                        2009 - 10
                        Plattsburgh 1-1 beat Midd (A), lost to Norwich (N)
                        Oswego 1-1 beat Bowdoin (recurring theme) (H), lost to St. Norbert (N)

2010-11
                        Oswego 1-1 beat Bowdoin (H), lost to Adrian (N)
                        Plattsburgh 0-1 lost to Norwich (H)

2011 - 12
                        Oswego 2-1 beat Bowdoin (H), beat Amherst (N), lost to St. Norbert(N)
                        Plattsburgh 0-1 lost to Amherst (A)

2012-13
                        Oswego 2-1 beat Adrian (A), beat Norwich (N), lost to Wisconsin-Eau Claire (N)

2013-14
                        Oswego 2-1 beat Bowdoin (H), beat Babson (A), lost to Wisconsin-Stevens Point (N)
                        Geneseo 2-1 beat Nichols (H), beat Norwich (H), lost to St. Norbert (N)

(H) = home (A) = Away (N) = Neutral
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

NCAA performance 2010 - 2014 (5 years or one class +)

2013-14
                          Norwich 1-1 beat Salem St.(H) lost to Geneseo (A)
                          Babson 0-1 lost to Oswego (H)

2012-13
                          Norwich 1-1 beat Babson (H), lost to Oswego (N)
                          Babson 0-1 lost to Norwich (A)

2011-12
                          Norwich 1-1 beat Wentworth (H) lost to St. Norbert (N)

2010-11
                          Norwich 2-1 beat Curry (H), beat Plattsburgh (A), lost to St. Norbert (N)

2009 - 10
                          Norwich 3-0 (last championship) beat Elmira (H), beat Plattsburgh (N) beat St. Norbert (N)

Since the last national championship in 2010, not much to write home to mother about.

SUNYAC
                          2009 - 10
                          Plattsburgh 1-1 beat Midd (A), lost to Norwich (N)
                          Oswego 1-1 beat Bowdoin (recurring theme) (H), lost to St. Norbert (N)

2010-11
                          Oswego 1-1 beat Bowdoin (H), lost to Adrian (N)
                          Plattsburgh 0-1 lost to Norwich (H)

2011 - 12
                          Oswego 2-1 beat Bowdoin (H), beat Amherst (N), lost to St. Norbert(N)
                          Plattsburgh 0-1 lost to Amherst (A)

2012-13
                          Oswego 2-1 beat Adrian (A), beat Norwich (N), lost to Wisconsin-Eau Claire (N)

2013-14
                          Oswego 2-1 beat Bowdoin (H), beat Babson (A), lost to Wisconsin-Stevens Point (N)
                          Geneseo 2-1 beat Nichols (H), beat Norwich (H), lost to St. Norbert (N)

(H) = home (A) = Away (N) = Neutral
                          Norwich last 5 years:
                          1 National Championship
                          3 Final Fours
                          1 Quarter Final

This is nothing to write home to mother about?

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
                            Norwich last 5 years:
                            1 National Championship
                            3 Final Fours
                            1 Quarter Final

This is nothing to write home to mother about?
                            Your top 3 most successful teams over the last five years based on consistent finishes are:

1. St. Norbert
                            2. Oswego
                            3. Norwich

Hands down.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Your top 3 most successful teams over the last five years based on consistent finishes are:

1. St. Norbert
                              2. Oswego
                              3. Norwich

Hands down.
                              I might add that last years qtr final loss was with 14 Freshmen.

Comment

Working...
                              X