Ohio State - 2014/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State - 2014/2015

The problem for us was breakdowns on D letting them get easy goals. We had to play catch up to our mistakes.
    The other troubling thing was we were allowing them to work their rotation and cycle routine too often uncontested in our end. Such things don't usually end well. We need hits and bodies taken off the puck instead of trying to play stick to stick!

Comment

Not going to win many games PC giving up five goals...disappointing to give up that many with Gillies in goal.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by slowe View Post
        Hey Ohio fans. I'm planning on visiting for my first time to catch the game on Saturday. Is there a bar / restaurant / food that is a must try? I'm talking campus wide iconic, signature dishes here. A true Ohio experience. Any assistance is appreciated!
        Don't want to leave you hanging; for a truly outstanding burger try:

The Thurman Café
        183 Thurman Avenue
        Columbus, Ohio 43206

This a German Village location, but is worth the relatively short drive from campus. FWIW, the Thurman Café and its burgers have been featured on Food Network. Let us know if you go.

www.thethurmancafe.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          The problem for us was breakdowns on D letting them get easy goals. We had to play catch up to our mistakes.
          The other troubling thing was we were allowing them to work their rotation and cycle routine too often uncontested in our end. Such things don't usually end well. We need hits and bodies taken off the puck instead of trying to play stick to stick!
          While you are correct, we need to acknowledge that this is a really good Providence team, with both size and skill. I was proud of the way our guys kept coming back stronger each time PC took the lead. Perseverance, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
            While you are correct, we need to acknowledge that this is a really good Providence team, with both size and skill. I was proud of the way our guys kept coming back stronger each time PC took the lead. Perseverance, to say the least.
            Good win by you guys...I am more disappointed in PC giving up five goals which I don't think has happened since more than once in the last two years..

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Good luck this weekend against my Friars...should be two good games. I hope PC sweeps them but lets hope no one gets injured for either team!
              OSU just may very well sweep #3. Boys were strong tonight and fought back at every chance. When Greco came out of the box he was like a laser, focused on the puck and scored less than 8 seconds later.

PC may have a gargantuan goal tender, but the OSU boys have grit and determination. Don't think for one minute you are going to come to Columbus and take us for granted. These boys took down #1 Minnesota last year, twice if I recall.

OSU has some things to work on, but for opening night this was a huge win and a great start to the season. Can't wait for more!

#GoBucks #AsOne
              Last edited by GreyGhost; 10-11-2014, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                OSU just may very well sweep #3. Boys were strong tonight and fought back at every chance. When Greco came out of the box he was like a laser, focused on the puck and scored less than 8 seconds later.

PC may have a gargantuan goal tender, but the OSU boys have grit and determination. Don't think for one minute you are going to come to Columbus and take us for granted. These boys took down #1 Minnesota last year, twice if I recall.

OSU has some things to work on, but for opening night this was a huge win and a great start to the season. Can't wait for more!

#GoBucks #AsOne
                I never took you guys for granted but the expectations are really high for PC so got to play up to expectations and giving up five goals with that goalie who has been inconsistent is not getting it done....

Comment

I never took you guys for granted but the expectations are really high for PC so got to play up to expectations and giving up five goals with that goalie who has been inconsistent is not getting it done....
                  We certainly understand your frustration, we all have been there. We felt last year that if we got the conference berth to the NCAA's we had a strong chance of going all the way.
                  Even after some impressive wins against the traditional power programs we received no love at all in the preseason rankings and I think because of that we really felt we had something to prove and Providence provided that coming here with the #3 ranking.
                  I can tell you from experience with our football program that when you're ranked high it puts a target on your back for the other teams!

Comment

Expectations are really high for the Buckeyes as well. Looking forward to the sweep tonight.

#GoBucks #AsOne

Comment

A very good start to the season. Agree that there were too many defensive lapses, but part of that is the fact they were playing a very good and experienced team in Providence.

Understand Shilkey will miss tonight's game per Rohlik's presser after the game. Hope he's not out for long.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                        A very good start to the season. Agree that there were too many defensive lapses, but part of that is the fact they were playing a very good and experienced team in Providence.

Understand Shilkey will miss tonight's game per Rohlik's presser after the game. Hope he's not out for long.
                        Separated shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          Separated shoulder.
                          that stinks and is about 6 weeks out

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                            that stinks and is about 6 weeks out
                            Don't know how severe. He could be back sooner.
                            Don't know which pis#ed off the coach more, the lack of a call on the hit that caused it or the result of the hit. He was screaming at the officials last night from the bench!

Comment

Tough game tonight but overall a good start to the season. We need to play these tougher teams.

For anyone that is interested, The Scarlet Liners are taking a bus trip to Michigan State on January 24. We chartered an OSU coach and it will be an up and back trip. The cost is $35 and includes a game ticket at MSU. Right now the bus is about half-full. Tix can be purchased at www.thescarletliners.org/events.

Ideally we'd like to have it filled up within the next month or so.

#GoBucks #AsOne

Comment

I was confused about a number of things last night. From my vantage point the hit that got the 5 minute major looked pretty legit. PC player had his head down and Healey led into him shoulder to shoulder coming at him front right. Despite the result there should have been no penalty! One of our former players who was there agreed. Just didn't se any love coming from our own conference's officials.
                                I also was wondering about the changes to the lineup. Normally you might see that in meaningless non conference games to change line chemistry and see what your freshmen have got but this game had significance. Obviously Chad couldn't play Saturday and it made me wonder if coach wasn't happy with some of our guys from Friday or perhaps some were more nicked up than it looked?

Comment

Working...
                                X