PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pearl

Pages : [1] 2

LtPowers
05-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Color me confused. Why would a head coach leave his alma mater for an assistant position at another university? I mean, yeah, it's Harvard, but it's still hard to see that as anything other than a lateral move, at best.

Powers &8^]

schiegs
05-18-2014, 02:48 PM
Rumor has it he was frustrated with the level of funding for the program at HC. I have no clue how good of a job he did with his fellow alumni, but that is key in AHA, as the level of support from the institutions in quite limited compared to the rest of D1.

Ronnieb
05-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all. Good move for him. AHA is like a bad junior team with a broke owner.

Pink Pony
05-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Holy Cross is not the only team with money troubles.

Hokydad
05-18-2014, 07:52 PM
associate hc is farther up food chain. In fairness, HC is a dead end. even when offered to play at the Centrum they said no. Pearl was offered U Mass job and others but said no because of family. great pick up by Harvard

LtPowers
05-18-2014, 09:58 PM
Rumor has it he was frustrated with the level of funding for the program at HC. I have no clue how good of a job he did with his fellow alumni, but that is key in AHA, as the level of support from the institutions in quite limited compared to the rest of D1.

Well geez, it's not like they accomplished nothing under his tenure with that "limited" support. It hardly seems worth becoming an assistant somewhere else, unless all he wants is his name on a trophy.

Powers &8^]

LtPowers
05-18-2014, 09:59 PM
associate hc is farther up food chain. In fairness, HC is a dead end. even when offered to play at the Centrum they said no. Pearl was offered U Mass job and others but said no because of family. great pick up by Harvard

A dead end? Seems like most alumni would consider head-coaching their alma mater to be the pinnacle, unless one is good enough to coach in the pros.

Hokydad
05-18-2014, 10:57 PM
A dead end? Seems like most alumni would consider head-coaching their alma mater to be the pinnacle, unless one is good enough to coach in the pros.

in a rink with stands on 1 of the 4 side, in atlantic hockey and an admission dept that could care less, HC might be the exception

Split-N
05-19-2014, 10:36 AM
So does PP become a head-coach-in-waiting in the event Ted decides to pursue other opportunities?

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
05-19-2014, 11:45 AM
So does PP become a head-coach-in-waiting in the event Ted decides to pursue other opportunities?

People reading too much into this. Pearl got frustrated with lack of commitment to hockey program at HC and jumped on a good opportunity half distance to his house.

Pearl had a lot of recruiting responsibilities at HC. Not much will change for him in terms of time on road.

Pink Pony
05-19-2014, 01:56 PM
People reading too much into this. Pearl got frustrated with lack of commitment to hockey program at HC and jumped on a good opportunity half distance to his house.

Pearl had a lot of recruiting responsibilities at HC. Not much will change for him in terms of time on road.

How does his salary compare from being Head Coach at Holy Cross to being an AC at Havard?

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
05-19-2014, 02:05 PM
I'd guess about $10-20K less…He was making around $100k at Holy Cross.

HHound
05-19-2014, 03:37 PM
I'd guess about $10-20K less…He was making around $100k at Holy Cross.

You are suggesting that he took a 10-20% pay cut in order to lengthen his commute, and to become an AC instead of an HC. There must have been some other powerful incentives that haven't been made public.

mookie1995
05-19-2014, 03:53 PM
You are suggesting that he took a 10-20% pay cut in order to lengthen his commute, and to become an AC instead of an HC. There must have been some other powerful incentives that haven't been made public.

Shortened his commute

Hokydad
05-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Shortened his commute

he was also making north of 100K

Pink Pony
05-19-2014, 06:49 PM

I would like to know?

Snively65
05-19-2014, 06:55 PM
I would like to know?

Why?

Wholin1
05-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Didn't HC reduce the number of scholarships ?

SPSalum
05-20-2014, 08:32 AM
Union incurred a similar indignity at the nadir of their DI existence. The HC returned to Colgate, whence he came, as an assistant. Succeeded by Kevin Sneddon, the Dutchmen began their ascent.

joecct
05-20-2014, 09:54 AM
Union incurred a similar indignity at the nadir of their DI existence. The HC returned to Colgate, whence he came, as an assistant. Succeeded by Kevin Sneddon, the Dutchmen began their ascent.

Union also got rid of 40% Roger.