PDA

View Full Version : UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46

TERRIERFANinLA
10-20-2014, 03:51 PM
I can't believe Bunyan ever played after watching the calls.

maybe he had a relative get him this gig?

and if you compare him to Hache... he is perfect.... be careful wishing for new and different refs... harry ammian was a piece of work and I would take Bunyan over him and hache in a heartbeat

Drew S.
10-20-2014, 04:04 PM
maybe he had a relative get him this gig?

and if you compare him to Hache... he is perfect.... be careful wishing for new and different refs... harry ammian was a piece of work and I would take Bunyan over him and hache in a heartbeat

Wasn't Hansen the worst of the lot? In any game you are going to get some calls and not get some calls, just the way it is. Piotkowski is the only ref who I felt genuinely screwed Maine, two years in a row at that. They should not have let him be in charge of the 2002 national championship game after what happened the year before.

BBDiehard14
10-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Wasn't Hansen the worst of the lot? In any game you are going to get some calls and not get some calls, just the way it is. Piotkowski is the only ref who I felt genuinely screwed Maine, two years in a row at that. They should not have let him be in charge of the 2002 national championship game after what happened the year before.

Hansen and Benedetto. They seem to favor the Boston teams

blackbearbandie
10-20-2014, 06:10 PM
Latest from the Bangor Daily...

‘We aren’t panicking’: UMaine men’s hockey strives to turn losing season around
By Larry Mahoney, BDN Staff
Posted Oct. 20, 2014, at 3:30 p.m.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/10/20/sports/hockey-east/we-arent-panicking-umaine-mens-hockey-strives-to-turn-losing-season-around/?ref=SportsBox
From the article:

Gendron said he has been through plenty of ups and downs in his 35-year coaching career.

“I’ve seen this before. We’ve got to go back to basics. You have to earn the right to win,” he said. “A lot of it has to do with focusing for an entire practice. We’re going to have a good day on Tuesday and another good one on Wednesday.”

FiveHole12
10-20-2014, 08:24 PM
Hansen and Benedetto. They seem to favor the Boston teams
Not even close. Not crazy about seeing either one of those guys doing our games.
Scott Hansen that is... his brother Dave is a good ref.

Now, as for BU... we'll see if Quinn can own these guys like Jackie did. :D

TERRIERFANinLA
10-21-2014, 03:10 PM

I think Hache was by far the worst I have ever seen... He missed THREE goals in a single game, 2 for maine and one for Lowell, becasuse he was either coasting near the red line when the goal was scored or his elbows were on the corner dasher when the puck crossed the line... BobF and I were 2 of only about 15 fans who braved the snowstorm that night.

Scott Hansen is ok, not great, but when he let his emotions get in teh way, he called Josh Soares twice in one game for shooting after the whistle (both misconducts) and then asked JOsh what it was like watching the third period from behind the glass... Whitehead absolutely threw a nutty. hansen was to the league and he was reprimanded. (Bertagna had not heard about the bs comment that hansen made to soares.. one of the lowest key players ever.... not someone who deserved bs from a ref.... like my little hero joey might have deserved.

BoSox3066
10-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Scott Darling up as an emergency goalie for the Blackhawks

walrus
10-21-2014, 04:31 PM
Scott Darling up as an emergency goalie for the Blackhawks
2-0 in AHL with .948 sv %. Awesome for him and what could have been for us

blackbearbandie
10-21-2014, 05:16 PM
2-0 in AHL with .948 sv %. Awesome for him and what could have been for us

He had a 1-0 shutout at Manchester against UNH that was quite memorable. Darling is proof that people can turn it around, some of us just need more time than others.

BoSox3066
10-21-2014, 06:19 PM
One could argue Scott Darling's issues at Maine cost Tim Whitehead his job. Who knows how far the team goes in '10 or '11 if Darling's playing at an elite level.

Good for him though for getting it together.

Runsub5
10-21-2014, 08:14 PM
I think Hache was by far the worst I have ever seen... He missed THREE goals in a single game, 2 for maine and one for Lowell, becasuse he was either coasting near the red line when the goal was scored or his elbows were on the corner dasher when the puck crossed the line... BobF and I were 2 of only about 15 fans who braved the snowstorm that night.

Scott Hansen is ok, not great, but when he let his emotions get in teh way, he called Josh Soares twice in one game for shooting after the whistle (both misconducts) and then asked JOsh what it was like watching the third period from behind the glass... Whitehead absolutely threw a nutty. hansen was to the league and he was reprimanded. (Bertagna had not heard about the bs comment that hansen made to soares.. one of the lowest key players ever.... not someone who deserved bs from a ref.... like my little hero joey might have deserved.

As you pointed out Tim went berserk after the penalty on Soares. As I recall Tim went to Hansen after the period and had a few words with him. When Tim was asked the next day about the conversation, he replied, I just asked him if he needed help getting his head through the door.

DoubleA
10-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Can someone at least start a new thread with a better title that is current...something positive.

This Summertime Blues thing has run its course.

Hockeyman99
10-22-2014, 09:10 PM
I chatted with Grant during the UMB game. He said that the goalies were very good and that this team is much better than people think. We missed out on a lot of pairwise points the last two weekends but the season is just getting started. Look for the D to jell and become more solid, and the offense will figure out how to score more as the season progresses.

Ma#1ne Hky
10-23-2014, 03:47 AM
I chatted with Grant during the UMB game. He said that the goalies were very good and that this team is much better than people think. We missed out on a lot of pairwise points the last two weekends but the season is just getting started. Look for the D to jell and become more solid, and the offense will figure out how to score more as the season progresses.Does anyone know the status of Nik Nugnes? He was suppose to try to skate/practice this week...he had what they say was knee issue which he received during practice before the season{player fell on his knee it was reported last week}.

blackbearbandie
10-23-2014, 06:02 AM
The Coach's show from Season's Restaurant was on last night and should be posted on the archives at goblackbears.com soon. Hamilton and Hayes were featured, and Grey Shaneburger, who is living in Anchorage, was the special alumni guest. Also featured for an interview was former Maine assistant coach Matt Thomas, the current UAA coach, and the radio play by play guy for Anchorage had a taped interview too. Bob Walsh from the Maine basketball team was there with Gendron at the end of the hour.

BBDiehard14
10-23-2014, 06:44 PM
The Coach's show from Season's Restaurant was on last night and should be posted on the archives at goblackbears.com soon. Hamilton and Hayes were featured, and Grey Shaneburger, who is living in Anchorage, was the special alumni guest. Also featured for an interview was former Maine assistant coach Matt Thomas, the current UAA coach, and the radio play by play guy for Anchorage had a taped interview too. Bob Walsh from the Maine basketball team was there with Gendron at the end of the hour.

Hayes was better in the Union series. As was Hamilton

TERRIERFANinLA
10-24-2014, 10:05 AM
so I was wondering where Diamond ended up this season.
Southcarolina Stingrays. along with Bellamy.

MAN, I cannot wait till I can go see a couple of their games.

does anyone know where Brice O'Connor ended up? He played for a short time with Diamond out in Cali., in the ECHL, but I do not see him listed anywhere.

Erix_The_Red
10-24-2014, 10:21 AM
he called Josh Soares twice in one game for shooting after the whistle (both misconducts)

And if I recall correctly, one of those whistles was for offsides. Offsides that occurred when Josh touched the puck. When he was shooting. Which he got called for.

It was very confusing.

Hockeyman99
10-24-2014, 10:23 AM
so I was wondering where Diamond ended up this season.
Southcarolina Stingrays. along with Bellamy.

MAN, I cannot wait till I can go see a couple of their games.

does anyone know where Brice O'Connor ended up? He played for a short time with Diamond out in Cali., in the ECHL, but I do not see him listed anywhere. Brice is working for a living. He has embarked on his life after hockey.

Drew S.
10-24-2014, 10:30 AM
Brice is working for a living. He has embarked on his life after hockey.

He was at the game on Friday and the ladies sitting near me were swooning for him.