PDA

View Full Version : UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46

TERRIERFANinLA
10-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Union is not an old team. They have 7 freshman on the team. Experienced, well, I guess you can say that because the ones who were here went to the NC.

As for the hit, I'd say it was a borderline call but it was likely called because it was charging. It's a borderline between a 2 and a 5, but it was clearly charging.

let me ask... do you know the definition of charging? and what makes it different from boarding or roughing, not saying your are wrong, but you simply gave a conclusion and did not give a reason why it was definitely more than 2 steps ---like that is really how it is called.

also as for age?
Union has 4 24 year olds... Maine none (1990 birth year)
both have 2 23 year olds.
20-21 are also about the same, but Union has one 19 year old
Maine has 2 19 year olds and one 18 year old.

union might not be Lake State of Old, but the average age is pretty much exactly one year older than Maine's team.

all bear
10-19-2014, 05:54 PM
let me ask... do you know the definition of charging? and what makes it different from boarding or roughing, not saying your are wrong, but you simply gave a conclusion and did not give a reason why it was definitely more than 2 steps ---like that is really how it is called.

also as for age?

union might not be Lake State of Old, but the average age is pretty much exactly one year older than Maine's team.

Appears to be the new norm in recruiting nowadays. Maine will need to get older, more mature kids I'm afraid to be on a par in the future. Hate to see it, but it is inevitable I guess. More size, more years, more experienced, more lock down boring defensive systems....yaughn

Dutchman
10-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Union might not be Lake State of Old, but the average age is pretty much exactly one year older than Maine's team.

I don't know if this will help but College Hockey News calculates the average age of each team and posts them and it lists Maine and Union right next to each other with an average of 21 years 2 months. It looks like we are about in the bottom third of the age bracket.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/almanac/funfacts-ageavg.php

Maine 21y 2m
Union 21y 2m

I have not checked them this year but last year they appeared fairly accurate. BU and BC are extremely young and this year look to be the youngest in College Hockey, along with Cornell and Harvard and Minnesota.

The youngest teams are:
Harvard 20y 11m
Minnesota 20y 11m
Cornell 20y 10m
Boston College 20y 8m
Boston University 20y 5m
Alaska-Anchorage 20y 3m

In general the ECAC teams have consistently shown up, from year to year, always in the bottom half and usually in the bottom third (youngest).

Vaportrail
10-19-2014, 08:03 PM

also as for age?

Union, like Maine, has two 19 year olds and one 18 year old.

umhockey91
10-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Union has better players.....period.

Seawolf Fan
10-19-2014, 09:57 PM
Seawolves come to visit next weekend. Hope you're serving lobster and not bagels. Was thinking maybe one of you folks that speaks with a different accent than us Alaskans would start a new thread.
When your guys were here a while ago we made sure you didn't get the porta potty showers and I'm sure you'll return the favor on your island. Your campus is huge and beautiful on Google Earth. Wish I was going to experience it in person.

walrus
10-20-2014, 06:44 AM
Seawolves come to visit next weekend. Hope you're serving lobster and not bagels. Was thinking maybe one of you folks that speaks with a different accent than us Alaskans would start a new thread.
When your guys were here a while ago we made sure you didn't get the porta potty showers and I'm sure you'll return the favor on your island. Your campus is huge and beautiful on Google Earth. Wish I was going to experience it in person.
This is Maine, the shower is taken in the river beside Alfond, you guys are lucky you don't have to break ice to take one

blackbearbandie
10-20-2014, 06:48 AM

We have an outstanding bagel shop in downtown Bangor that has world class bagels that are the best you'll find anywhere. And as far as lobster goes, there was a time when lobster was always served at the Maine State Prison because lobster was at one time considered a trash fish.

all bear
10-20-2014, 06:56 AM
We have an outstanding bagel shop in downtown Bangor that has world class bagels that are the best you'll find anywhere. And as far as lobster goes, there was a time when lobster was always served at the Maine State Prison because lobster was at one time considered a trash fish.

Yep, it used to be po'h mans food. Insect of the sea. Basically a bottom feeder, probably if you knew what they ate, you wouldn't eat one.

Anyway, to the _eawolves poster, yeah the campus is bigger than life, bigger than Texas, only slightly smaller than your frozen tundra state up there. btw, I didn't realize that wolves enjoyed swimming.... shouldn't you all be nicknamed something sane like polar bears or nanooks ?

FiveHole12
10-20-2014, 07:33 AM
Obviously, the Maineuhs are more than just a little pizzed off at their team, not to mention at your Sea Wolves, Seawolf Fan, for whooping azz on their team not so long ago. No worries, the river is just a short walk from the Alfond. :D

ck1969
10-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Yep, it used to be po'h mans food. Insect of the sea. Basically a bottom feeder, probably if you knew what they ate, you wouldn't eat one.

It still is po' mans food. It's cheaper per pound than hamburger!

all bear
10-20-2014, 09:35 AM
It still is po' mans food. It's cheaper per pound than hamburger!

Only if you call shell, tamale, roe and eyeballs meat :D

UFan
10-20-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm glad Maine didn't shoot the puck more on Union, just to put the puck on net...

all bear
10-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Obviously, the Maineuhs are more than just a little pizzed off at their team, not to mention at your Sea Wolves, Seawolf Fan, for whooping azz on their team not so long ago. No worries, the river is just a short walk from the Alfond. :D

Go lay by your dish

Seawolf Fan
10-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Anyway, to the _eawolves poster, yeah the campus is bigger than life, bigger than Texas, only slightly smaller than your frozen tundra state up there. btw, I didn't realize that wolves enjoyed swimming.... shouldn't you all be nicknamed something sane like polar bears or nanooks ?
Poster _eawolve, bigger campus than we have, frozen tundra comment, wolves swimming; all kinda sorta true.
But the nickname thing!!!
You really know how to hurt a guy.
Our coach has real ties, gives credit too and fond memories of his time at Maine.

all bear
10-20-2014, 01:08 PM
Poster _eawolve, bigger campus than we have, frozen tundra comment, wolves swimming; all kinda sorta true.
But the nickname thing!!!
You really know how to hurt a guy.
Our coach has real ties, gives credit too and fond memories of his time at Maine.
I actually have relatives in Anchorage, but u haul still deserve to lose ;)

rufus
10-20-2014, 01:28 PM

Isn't the lobster chit considered a delicacy? You're gonna eat the chit of a creature that eats the chit of other creatures. Yummy.

Alaska Hockey
10-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Isn't the lobster chit considered a delicacy? You're gonna eat the chit of a creature that eats the chit of other creatures. Yummy.
Only on the east coast...from what I heard.

Alaska Hockey
10-20-2014, 02:28 PM
I actually have relatives in Anchorage, but u haul still deserve to lose ;)

Barge in on them the last 2 weeks of july so they have to take you fishing.

TERRIERFANinLA
10-20-2014, 03:50 PM
We have an outstanding bagel shop in downtown Bangor that has world class bagels that are the best you'll find anywhere outside of new york. .

fyp