Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Who on Maine's schedule other than Providence do you look at and think 'wow, they're a lot better team than Maine'? That is the thing that really gives me hope this year. There aren't many teams that have both a forward and dman rated in the top 10 either. I'm not really sure what to make of the talk about the goalies all looking good. I'd prefer to hear that one guy was really standing out but it could be the players/coaches are just being PC.
    If they learn to win the 1-0. 2-1 games they'll be alright. I'm not so much worried about the goaltending as I am about scoring this year. Trust me nobody wants them to kick arse more than me. But I'm not going to be freaking out if they're a .500 team this year either.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
      It can happen in 2-3 years. Y'all gotta believe. Brian Kelly had Notre Dame ranked No. 1 shortly after cleaning up Weis mess
      Yes, reviving the most storied of all college football programs at one of the top academic schools in the country is a lot like rebuilding a team that has basically only been successful when breaking the rules at the #173rd ranked school in the US.

Who on Maine's schedule other than Providence do you look at and think 'wow, they're a lot better team than Maine'?
      Everyone but Uconn, UMass, and Merrimack.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Yes, reviving the most storied of all college football programs at one of the top academic schools in the country is a lot like rebuilding a team that has basically only been successful when breaking the rules at the #173rd ranked school in the US.

Everyone but Uconn, UMass, and Merrimack.

Maine won't be as challenged offensively as some of you guys think. And can you seriously tell me that UNH and Vermont are better? UNH is a mess and Vermont is Vermont.

Comment

... And can you seriously tell me that UNH and Vermont are better? UNH is a mess and Vermont is Vermont.
          I tried to be offended by this, but couldn't. [but I still think Diehard has had too much KoolAid ]
          Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Maine won't be as challenged offensively as some of you guys think.
            I agree with Diehard on this. We should be better offensively and better on the blue line! Question is between the pipes. We all know 3 is not better than 1! SO let's hope one of the 3 is up to the challenge. Am guessing Morris and Nugnes will be the first two to go as one has played and the other spent last semester with the team and is the only one that the current coaching staff brought in. Will be interested to see line combos on Sunday!

Comment

• Originally posted by BobF View Post
              I agree with Diehard on this. We should be better offensively and better on the blue line! Question is between the pipes. We all know 3 is not better than 1! SO let's hope one of the 3 is up to the challenge. Am guessing Morris and Nugnes will be the first two to go as one has played and the other spent last semester with the team and is the only one that the current coaching staff brought in. Will be interested to see line combos on Sunday!
              Agree as well. I think between Shore, Leen, Higgins, Pecararo, Byron, and S. Swavely we should be able to put together a couple really good lines. If a few of Morgan, Brown, Merchant, Cambell, and Cerratani step up the third line could be decent too.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Who on Maine's schedule other than Providence do you look at and think 'wow, they're a lot better team than Maine'? That is the thing that really gives me hope this year. There aren't many teams that have both a forward and dman rated in the top 10 either. I'm not really sure what to make of the talk about the goalies all looking good. I'd prefer to hear that one guy was really standing out but it could be the players/coaches are just being PC.
                BC is better than Maine without question. BU has more 1st round draft picks than anyone in D1 hockey, they should finish higher than Maine. Northeastern will light Maine up.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

http://wabi.tv/2014/10/02/shore-cont...key-media-day/

I find it encoraging that Devin picked Musil for the shaving cream in the face. They always pick the most promising freshman. Last year it was Byron and the year before Shore.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    BC is better than Maine without question. BU has more 1st round draft picks than anyone in D1 hockey, they should finish higher than Maine. Northeastern will light Maine up.

You guys make it sound like BU's recruiting class has Kariya, Monty, et al. Until they get on the ice what have they proven? Nothing. Maine will be a top-4 team in this conference and will make it back to where we belong, and that is the NCAA Tournament. Anythign less than the NCAA Tournament is a failure.

Comment

You guys make it sound like BU's recruiting class has Kariya, Monty, et al. Until they get on the ice what have they proven?
                      The same thing Maine's goalies have proven.

Comment

• Originally posted by daaabears View Post
                        http://wabi.tv/2014/10/02/shore-cont...key-media-day/

I find it encoraging that Devin picked Musil for the shaving cream in the face. They always pick the most promising freshman. Last year it was Byron and the year before Shore.
                        Yeah, that is interesting, although who knows for sure the criteria they use to select for that honor. It seems like a promising class of rookies.

Comment

I think Vesey can be an impact player, he should be top nine if not top six. Like the size on D too. I think Maine will be between 3-6 in the league at the end of the year with a shot at the tournament if they win some league playoff games.

Reading BDN today and seeing Red take ownership of some things that went wrong last year is such a nice change too.
                          Last edited by BoSox3066; 10-03-2014, 04:07 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                            I think Vesey can be an impact player, he should be top nine if not top six. Like the size on D too. I think Maine will be between 3-6 in the league at the end of the year with a shot at the tournament if they win some league playoff games.

Reading BDN today and seeing Red take ownership of some things that went wrong last year is such a nice change too.

Winning 2 in Alaska would be huge with 6 straight at home to follow

Comment

Its encouraging to see fans of grampy's team and Jackies rejects over here dissing Maine. Hope springs eternal

Maine'll win somewhere around 25 before beginning of HE tournament, good enough for third in the league. Write it down.
                              Last edited by all bear; 10-04-2014, 04:43 PM.
                              sure why not

Comment

I wonder how Red will divide up the goal tending duties tomorrow or will he?

Comment

Working...
                                X