PDA

View Full Version : UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

UncleRay
09-23-2014, 09:51 PM
Gotta go to that game, I'll prob be dead before they come back at the rate they head on the OOC road.Too bad, I'd have let you buy me a beer. :D FYP, btw.

Drew S.
09-23-2014, 11:57 PM
Individual Game Tickets are now on sale, except for the UNH game in Portland.

I just tried to order some as they apparently went on sale at 12:01 today, $99 for every ticket I selected regardless of opponent or section. What a ******* joke.

TripleE
09-24-2014, 12:12 AM
I just tried to order some as they apparently went on sale at 12:01 today, $99 for every ticket I selected regardless of opponent or section. What a ******* joke.

Yup - same. They must have admins working on it now and they pulled down the hockey section within 15 minutes.

Drew S.
09-24-2014, 12:21 AM
Yup - same. They must have admins working on it now and they pulled down the hockey section within 15 minutes.

Hey, they've only had six months to get it working properly

TripleE
09-24-2014, 12:30 AM
Hey, they've only had six months to get it working properly

I know it. Ridiculous.

I'll pass the time by chiming in with.... 9th in the coaches poll?! We have an goaltender who has yet to have an opportunity to prove himself yet, so I'll concede that. But beyond that - there are some **** fine skaters coming back on both ends of the ice. If Morris is alright, we'll be in the mix giving it a good go many more nights than not.

BBDiehard14
09-24-2014, 07:08 AM
I know it. Ridiculous.

I'll pass the time by chiming in with.... 9th in the coaches poll?! We have an goaltender who has yet to have an opportunity to prove himself yet, so I'll concede that. But beyond that - there are some **** fine skaters coming back on both ends of the ice. If Morris is alright, we'll be in the mix giving it a good go many more nights than not.

I know, but in the end, the only poll that matters is the Pairwise

Drew S.
09-24-2014, 07:34 AM
I know it. Ridiculous.

They got it fixed and I got the tickets I wanted. It looks like they moved four sections from the 'preferred' seats to cheap seats. I think they're going in the right direction but tickets are probably still 25% or so overpriced.

BBDiehard14
09-26-2014, 11:37 AM
They got it fixed and I got the tickets I wanted. It looks like they moved four sections from the 'preferred' seats to cheap seats. I think they're going in the right direction but tickets are probably still 25% or so overpriced.

Tickets for the game in Portland are on sale, and for those interested in seeing the UNH game in Manchester, those go on sale Oct. 6. All tickets for Portland are 24 bucks, and I believe 27/22 for Manchester.

BBDiehard14
09-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Been pretty quiet in here lately, so in the meantime, here's a story on Stu Higgins. Having him back in the lineup will be monumental for us this year.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/09/29/sports/healthy-maine-mens-hockey-center-looking-forward-to-return-after-knee-surgery-last-season/

Drew S.
09-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Been pretty quiet in here lately, so in the meantime, here's a story on Stu Higgins. Having him back in the lineup will be monumental for us this year.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/09/29/sports/healthy-maine-mens-hockey-center-looking-forward-to-return-after-knee-surgery-last-season/

He will make a massive difference. It's a shame he got hurt in a meaningless game that never should have been scheduled but that's how sports go sometimes. I'm really excited this year, Maine should be better all around than they have been in quite some time.

walrus
09-29-2014, 06:33 PM
Higgins will make a difference if he is 100%, knee injuries ain't good, might be awhile before he gets back to normal. Should be an interesting season, we'll see if Red can keep their attention for the full season unlike last year.

BBDiehard14
09-29-2014, 09:23 PM
He will make a massive difference. It's a shame he got hurt in a meaningless game that never should have been scheduled but that's how sports go sometimes. I'm really excited this year, Maine should be better all around than they have been in quite some time.

They're gonna prove the pollsters wrong, hopefully

ck1969
10-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Higgins will make a difference if he is 100%, knee injuries ain't good, might be awhile before he gets back to normal. Should be an interesting season, we'll see if Red can keep their attention for the full season unlike last year.
Buying into Red and him keeping their attn. all season will be big. But my expectations are tempered this season. I think getting to the Garden would be a big accomplishment. I still don't see NCAA's. College sports isn't like the pros where you can go from worst to first in a year or two. I think they'll be respectable but still a year, most likely two, away from being relevant again on the national scene.

Ma#1ne Hky
10-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Buying into Red and him keeping their attn. all season will be big. But my expectations are tempered this season. I think getting to the Garden would be a big accomplishment. I still don't see NCAA's. College sports isn't like the pros where you can go from worst to first in a year or two. I think they'll be respectable but still a year, most likely two, away from being relevant again on the national scene.Year #2 of a 4 year plan....

GoMaineBlue
10-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Year #2 of a 4 year plan....

We're halfway there....

BBDiehard14
10-03-2014, 07:37 AM
Buying into Red and him keeping their attn. all season will be big. But my expectations are tempered this season. I think getting to the Garden would be a big accomplishment. I still don't see NCAA's. College sports isn't like the pros where you can go from worst to first in a year or two. I think they'll be respectable but still a year, most likely two, away from being relevant again on the national scene.

It can happen in 2-3 years. Y'all gotta believe. Brian Kelly had Notre Dame ranked No. 1 shortly after cleaning up Weis mess

Drew S.
10-03-2014, 08:08 AM

Who on Maine's schedule other than Providence do you look at and think 'wow, they're a lot better team than Maine'? That is the thing that really gives me hope this year. There aren't many teams that have both a forward and dman rated in the top 10 either. I'm not really sure what to make of the talk about the goalies all looking good. I'd prefer to hear that one guy was really standing out but it could be the players/coaches are just being PC.

Agganis
10-03-2014, 09:02 AM
It can happen in 2-3 years. Y'all gotta believe. Brian Kelly had Notre Dame ranked No. 1 shortly after cleaning up Weis mess

And his team also didn't have a known commodity at goalie!

BBDiehard14
10-03-2014, 09:25 AM
And his team also didn't have a known commodity at goalie!

Read this article. There are no "issues," according to Red and the guys.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/10/02/sports/hockey-east/inexperience-in-the-net-wont-be-an-issue-for-umaine-hockey-coach-gendron-says/

Agganis
10-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Read this article. There are no "issues," according to Red and the guys.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/10/02/sports/hockey-east/inexperience-in-the-net-wont-be-an-issue-for-umaine-hockey-coach-gendron-says/

I'm mostly just joking. But as a hypothetical if Red (or any coach) was terrified of his goalie situation what do you think he would tell his local paper?