Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
    Ease up on the name calling guys.......what are you, 7 years old?
    From the guy calling posters pr I cks and aholes. Go away.

Comment

• Re: UMaine: No Cure for the Summertime Blues but to BEAR the Months 'till October!

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
      From the guy calling posters pr I cks and aholes. Go away.
      I called the AD and Red a-h*les which was obviously meant as sarcasm, but I'm sure that just goes over some of your heads.

I made a generic comment about some posters sounding like pr*cks because they are just dismissing a physical assault that produced a broken nose and concussion as "boys will be boys".

So stop trying to stir the pot with me........and I don't appreciate the anonymous rep that accuses me of name calling. Talk about Nancies..........

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        A team trophy would be great! It's been many years since they have earned one. Thanks TIMMAY!

Too many years. The sooner the better

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
          Hockey players have thrown elbows since the turn of last century. The hit Lomberg threw wasn't overly vicious
          IIRC, Lomberg wasn't even charged with a penalty during the game for the elbow. It all happened after the game when the opposing coaching staff whined to HEA. The suspension was a few days later. There are 2 linesmen and 2 referees on the ice. How do all four miss this elbow?

Maine Hockey loses if Ryan Lomberg leaves the team. Black and white. Not gray.

Let's just have every game end in a tie, no one loses and no ones feelings will be hurt. Why don't we go with that? Didn't Greg Fokker have a shrine of 7th and 9th place ribbons celebrating his competition?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
            IIRC, Lomberg wasn't even charged with a penalty during the game for the elbow. It all happened after the game when the opposing coaching staff whined to HEA. The suspension was a few days later. There are 2 linesmen and 2 referees on the ice. How do all four miss this elbow?

Let's just have every game end in a tie, no one loses and no ones feelings will be hurt. Why don't we go with that? Didn't Greg Fokker have a shrine of 7th and 9th place ribbons celebrating his competition?
            And no one with a pro hockey career on the line gets permanently injured by a goon. Deal!

Comment

There are 2 linesmen and 2 referees on the ice. How do all four miss this elbow? Ever seen a Hockey East game? Every game is just a series of completely random calls, having little to do with what's happening on the ice. You don't hope for good HE refs, or fair HE refs, you just hope they don't cost you the game.
              Nick Papagiorgio: I was originally going to bring the family to the (Easter egg hunt) in UNH's trophy case but it was canceled as there was nothing to hide the eggs behind and it would have been too easy for the kids... (with special thanks to BLACKOUT)

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                Red was just on the Big Jab (96.3 FM)

Incoming Freshmen: We're real excited. Guite and Leach did a terrific job
                Lack of Size: I felt we could use a little bit more size. Good teams have more balance to them.
                Growth of hockey: No question that as the NHL has expanded youth hockey has expanded in non-traditional markets. Players now come from the Carolinas, Texas etc. The best player last year was from Florida
                Expectations: On July 27 all of our Freshmen will be on campus. Will work out with strength coach, the ice is available. Once we get back on campus, they get tested and we start off-ice training and starting September 15 we are allowed 2 hours a week of on-ice coaching.
                Goaltending: We really like our keepers. What we don't have is experience. It's basically wide open. Players will tell us who is worthy of playing time.

No mention of Lomberg.
                That is one area at the start of the season that I worry about: Goaltending,glad to hear they are HIGH on the 3 netminders...should be interesting and may take 6 to 10 games before someone takes hold of the #1 & #2 job...hopefully less...and would like to see two goalie tamden...but either way should be interesting and as always the Team/Program is still a work in Progress.

Comment

If true, anyone who kicks another in the face AFTER he is already down is a thug. I'll repeat, if true. Some of you are coming across as defending his actions, are you that hard up for another banner to hang? Good riddance, his negatives far outweighed his positives. Preston Ryan or Joey Diamond he isn't as he doesn't have that skill level and most definitely did not possess their will and efforts. He took too many nights off. More like the last year of Diamond's play. Selfish play due to no emotional control, can't find the "off switch". Take it elsewhere. I was not looking forward to 2 more years of both real and phantom penalty calls on him at critical times during close games. Thug reputations, both real or perceived, will do that. We need physical players with some grey matter between the ears who know how to "send messages" discreetly. Last year his elbows were up way too much. Officiating would have been all over him this season if he so much as farted on the ice.
                  $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                  Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                    If true, anyone who kicks another in the face AFTER he is already down is a thug. I'll repeat, if true. Some of you are coming across as defending his actions, are you that hard up for another banner to hang? Good riddance, his negatives far outweighed his positives. Preston Ryan or Joey Diamond he isn't as he doesn't have that skill level and most definitely did not possess their will and efforts. He took too many nights off. More like the last year of Diamond's play. Selfish play due to no emotional control, can't find the "off switch". Take it elsewhere. I was not looking forward to 2 more years of both real and phantom penalty calls on him at critical times during close games. Thug reputations, both real or perceived, will do that. We need physical players with some grey matter between the ears who know how to "send messages" discreetly. Last year his elbows were up way too much. Officiating would have been all over him this season if he so much as farted on the ice.
                    ++++

Here's the original BDN article if anyone needs a refresher.......

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/05/0...ded-from-team/

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                      Winning stems from character. IF the allegations are true, Lomberg is short on it.

Comment

Hockey East officials hate Maine anyway. They bow down to UNH, BC and BU, more or less BC

Comment

Hockey East officials hate Maine anyway. They bow down to UNH, BC and BU, more or less BC
                          You really believe that? Maybe 10-20 years ago there was a "jealousy factor". We are far from those days now. Bad officiating against Maine of late has been more based on reputations, i.e. Diamond being labeled with R.L. headed down the same path. That to me is frustrating hockey to watch. Usually ends up being momentum killers.
                          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                          Just win.....

Comment

You really believe that? Maybe 10-20 years ago there was a "jealousy factor". We are far from those days now. Bad officiating against Maine of late has been more based on reputations, i.e. Diamond being labeled with R.L. headed down the same path. That to me is frustrating hockey to watch. Usually ends up being momentum killers.

Perhaps you don't remember the "embelishment" call against Abbott in the 2012 playoffs vs. 'Mack? Or that egregious whistle in Minnesota in 2002...same ref that kicked Walsh out of his last game.

Comment

Perhaps you don't remember the "embelishment" call against Abbott in the 2012 playoffs vs. 'Mack? Or that egregious whistle in Minnesota in 2002...same ref that kicked Walsh out of his last game.
                              The much despised official by Maine fans is Steve Piotrowski the Coordinator of Men’s Ice Hockey Officials for the Big Ten Hockey Conference.

Comment

Perhaps you don't remember the "embelishment" call against Abbott in the 2012 playoffs vs. 'Mack?
                                I don't know about institutionalized bias, but this one always gets be riled up. Worst call I have ever seen in any sport ever. http://youtu.be/SmIVPFQ-WS8
                                And now my blood is boiling. I need to take a walk.
                                Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Working...
                                X