Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
    Just read that the All American Goalie Jacobson from Norbert sustained a broken leg in the Adrian game last Friday night. Seems to be a run on goalies this winter. Ref's need to clean up the act of teams that have a track record of illegal hits, especially on goalies.
    I don't know the details of the situation but doesn't it seem a bit premature to say someone was taking a run at Jacobson maliciously?
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Just read that the All American Goalie Jacobson from Norbert sustained a broken leg in the Adrian game last Friday night. Seems to be a run on goalies this winter. Ref's need to clean up the act of teams that have a track record of illegal hits, especially on goalies.
      From the Green Bay Press Gazette - Senior goalie David Jacobson broke the fibula in his left leg during off-ice warm-ups. St. Norbert coach Tim Coghlin said Jacobson will miss the rest of the season. As Prez said - a bit premature....
      Last edited by LakerEagleLover; 02-03-2015, 11:10 AM.
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

any news on Z? will he be good to go for the Morrisville games?
        http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Who needs details to make a presumptious statement like that
          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
            Who needs details to make a presumptuous statement like that
            When Adrian first started their program they played a bit dirty so obviously they still must.

Comment

I guess it was presumptuous, my apologies. The information was not correct apparently. What was not presumptuous was what we say last Saturday in Cortland. Z was flattened on his back in the goal. The guy that hit him never attempted to stop. A two minute was not the right call.
              As far as Adrian playing dirty, their first coach Fogarty taught them well. Their current coach is following in Fogarty's footsteps. I have seen them play four games in the last several years . If they want they can play good hockey. If they don't want, look out

Comment

Perhaps we should get our facts correct before we start running our mouths. Again.

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                From the Green Bay Press Gazette - Senior goalie David Jacobson broke the fibula in his left leg during off-ice warm-ups. St. Norbert coach Tim Coghlin said Jacobson will miss the rest of the season. As Prez said - a bit premature....
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

As far as Adrian playing dirty, their first coach Fogarty taught them well. Their current coach is following in Fogarty's footsteps. I have seen them play four games in the last several years . If they want they can play good hockey. If they don't want, look out
                  Or maybe we should stop commenting on how a team plays when you've seen them play exactly four times in eight years.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Perhaps we should get our facts correct before we start running our mouths. Again.
                    Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Or maybe we should stop commenting on how a team plays when you've seen them play exactly four times in eight years.
                      With all due respect to Adrian, when you're the (on average) 9th most penalized team over the past 8 years with an average of 21 penalty minutes, you're probably not up for the Lady Byng award nor are you "just getting a couple bad calls once and a while".

Having said that, last year Adrian had its lowest ranking and penalty minutes at 26th and 15 min/game. This year they are back up into 8th currently at 16.4, still an improvement (out of the 20 minutes a game mark)
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        With all due respect to Adrian, when you're the (on average) 9th most penalized team over the past 8 years with an average of 21 penalty minutes, you're probably not up for the Lady Byng award nor are you "just getting a couple bad calls once and a while".

Having said that, last year Adrian had its lowest ranking and penalty minutes at 26th and 15 min/game. This year they are back up into 8th currently at 16.4, still an improvement (out of the 20 minutes a game mark)
                        I never said we were angels. I've made no bones, or excuses, about our penalty history in the past. But there's a hell of a difference between "chippy" and "dirty".

But to insinuate that we broke another goaltender's ankle on Friday night, and follow up with another potshot right after that, when presented the facts as to what happened, is ridiculous and completely uncalled for. And, unfortunately, directly in line with this poster's history. Especially when SNC fans who were right there in the arena made absolutely no mention of anything untoward before, during, or after the game.
                        Last edited by Hammer; 02-03-2015, 09:21 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Adrian used to play with a chip on their shoulder but their on ice results have done all the talking for 6 years now so I don't think anyone would be out to break a guys leg. Hell, Cortland wasn't really out there trying to injure Z, they were playing a little reckless but not dirty. The dirty teams in my opinion are the ones that dive and turtle trying to draw penalties. Hammer is right, some teams are maybe overly chippy or a bit undisciplined but not necessarily dirty.

Comment

Let's back up and use our heads for a moment here. If we had tried to break a goaltender's leg, all holy hell would have broken loose on about three threads that were going this weekend about that series. Instead....crickets.

Last thing on this for the moment: "Dirty", to me, implies intent to injure. I have not seen a team try to do that since Minnesota-Crookston, 6-7 years ago or so.

Are we dirty? No. Are we chippy? Yeah. Am I going to apologize for it? Not on your best day, and not on my worst.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Let's back up and use our heads for a moment here. If we had tried to break a goaltender's leg, all holy hell would have broken loose on about three threads that were going this weekend about that series. Instead....crickets.
                              And Tim Goghlin is not the kind of guy that would let a team intentionally break his star goalies leg without saying something about it.

Comment

Ok Hammer you made your point and got your apparent pound of flesh. I apologized for my inaccurate post. Did you not correctly read that?
                                It is interesting that most of us that post are rarely defending our teams for what you call chippy. It seems you have spent much time doing just that. Please define chippy

Comment

Working...
                                X