Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

That's what Eddie gets for scheduling junk. These guys can't get their heads out of their collective rear ends against teams that are weaker than them. They play a good team they play like a good team. They play slop from the land of irrelevancy and they lay an egg. Eddie needs to figure out a way to get these guys to play every game like it is a championship game or you will keep seeing these results. Today's game should have been over in the first period but a comical lack of quality in front of the net at both ends of the rink turned it into a horror show.

Comment

Conrats to the USM penmen, BIG win for them,they also had a SHG,2 PP goals to boot,we stood back on the penalty kill and watch them pass the puck like they were the Russian Red Stars of days gone by,then watched as they scored on a breakaway while we had the PP.We hit the HUGE 6' 4" netminder in the logo many times and blasted the boards to hell...This was a typical winter break loss,,no excuses,sog's dont win games,next up Elmira..

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
        That's what Eddie gets for scheduling junk. These guys can't get their heads out of their collective rear ends against teams that are weaker than them. They play a good team they play like a good team. They play slop from the land of irrelevancy and they lay an egg. Eddie needs to figure out a way to get these guys to play every game like it is a championship game or you will keep seeing these results. Today's game should have been over in the first period but a comical lack of quality in front of the net at both ends of the rink turned it into a horror show.
        yes it did at times remind me of the keystone cops,guys bumping into each other,passes off skates,guys falling down on the ice...our netminding didnt help either,the big save was not made today,all goalies need to work on rebound control,I hope our netminding does not come back to hurt us,got a bad feeling about it.
        Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-11-2015, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Not sure why Ed Gosek would schedule Southern NH or Stonehill. Nothing to gain, nothing to lose. I think playing teams like that in no way helps your program. I know it's secondary criteria, but I'm sure somebody who votes will take note of that embarrassing performance. If you only get up to play Plattsburgh and a few other games here and there, you've got some internal problems that the clubhouse is not taking care of. Why wouldn't you play good teams to sharpen the sword for next month?? Right now, the main difference between Plattsburgh and Oswego is the Cards ability to take care of inferior teams. They lose, but they don't get beat by teams with half the talent.

Comment

Right Cards. Platty, St. Norbert, Norwich etc. take care of the garbage and move on to the next game. Oswego shows up for stretches of games against inferior teams and they usually win but sometimes they don't. I have no theories on why or how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cards81 View Post
              Not sure why Ed Gosek would schedule Southern NH or Stonehill. Nothing to gain, nothing to lose. I think playing teams like that in no way helps your program. I know it's secondary criteria, but I'm sure somebody who votes will take note of that embarrassing performance. If you only get up to play Plattsburgh and a few other games here and there, you've got some internal problems that the clubhouse is not taking care of. Why wouldn't you play good teams to sharpen the sword for next month?? Right now, the main difference between Plattsburgh and Oswego is the Cards ability to take care of inferior teams. They lose, but they don't get beat by teams with half the talent.
              Scheduling a team like when you already have a target on you, really helps a team rise to the occasion and you have little to gain and EVERYTHING to lose.

It is nice to give them a shot, and I appreciate that, but one can not be to much of a philanthropic organization.

Also, I am surprised the SHG didn't light a fire and 1:19 with an EA.
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

At least the loss does not count in the primary selection factors.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The 1:19 with the EA and the PP were the most botched up few minutes of a Laker game I have seen in a very long time. Just a comedy of errors by Galati and Gertsakis, your offensive leader and your Captain.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    At least the loss does not count in the primary selection factors.
                    Though, IMO it is a VERY important factor when it comes to the "smoke filled room".

And it might count next year (starting Sept. 1, 2015).
                    Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                      The 1:19 with the EA and the PP were the most botched up few minutes of a Laker game I have seen in a very long time. Just a comedy of errors by Galati and Gertsakis, your offensive leader and your Captain.
                      I just realized that :49 of the EA was coupled with a PP!! (6 on 4)
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Cards81 View Post
                        Coach Gosek couldn't get anyone else to play them to fill the schedule. Elmira backed out of the normal two game series for one of the games and correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt Utica only one game this year too?

Oswego tried to get MANY D-III teams on its schedule but no one would play them, or could fit it into their schedule.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

I watched most of the game today was dumb founded to what I was seeing. Southern NH was playing its 4 game in 7 days and appeared to be just as quick as the Lakers. Overall, the Lakers dominated the game and a made their 'tender look better than what he is. I didn't see him with any unreal saves, rather he's big, fills up most of the net, and controls his rebounds.
                          Some thoughts, some of the Lakers got playing time today that they wouldn't normally get. So that's a positive, as well as the fact now Coach Gosek has the whole team's ear now. I am sure he's been preaching about being ready to play every time you set foot on the ice. Well now they have learned albeit the hard way. I would expect to see a more focused Laker squad from here on out.
                          LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Coach Gosek couldn't get anyone else to play them to fill the schedule. Elmira backed out of the normal two game series for one of the games and correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt Utica only one game this year too?

Oswego tried to get MANY D-III teams on its schedule but no one would play them, or could fit it into their schedule.
                            That is the unfortunate reality

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                            I watched most of the game today was dumb founded to what I was seeing. Southern NH was playing its 4 game in 7 days and appeared to be just as quick as the Lakers. Overall, the Lakers dominated the game and a made their 'tender look better than what he is. I didn't see him with any unreal saves, rather he's big, fills up most of the net, and controls his rebounds.
                            Some thoughts, some of the Lakers got playing time today that they wouldn't normally get. So that's a positive, as well as the fact now Coach Gosek has the whole team's ear now. I am sure he's been preaching about being ready to play every time you set foot on the ice. Well now they have learned albeit the hard way. I would expect to see a more focused Laker squad from here on out.
                            That is the lemonade in this one - and really ALL teams should take the lesson - Don't think you can't (win/lose) - and if you do you've likely created a self fulfilling prophecy.
                            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                              Totally agree, everyone has to be RTP, every game.

Comment

• Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                                Though, IMO it is a VERY important factor when it comes to the "smoke filled room".

And it might count next year (starting Sept. 1, 2015).
                                Three highlights there, really...

1. Proposal to remove the (only recently added) L25 stat from primary criteria.

2. Proposal to include results against DII teams in primary criteria (although I love that they highlight that "typically these are wins" for the DIII team).

3. Proposal to increase the 500-mile rule to 650 miles, specifically to resolve the Adrian-St. Norbert problem when they are W1 and W2.
                                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                                X