Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Originally posted by toto238 View Post
    Hey I got a 720 on the writing section of my junior year SATs. Buuuut, Oswego doesn't look at the writing section. But other colleges I applied to did. And they offered me more money in scholarships than Oswego did.
    Should have played hockey and lived in Canada...would have been set *tic I had to*
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by toto238 View Post
      Hey I got a 720 on the writing section of my junior year SATs. Buuuut, Oswego doesn't look at the writing section. But other colleges I applied to did. And they offered me more money in scholarships than Oswego did.
      The writing section...the section they dumped? Point proven...I think?
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
        The writing section...the section they dumped? Point proven...I think?
        Well writing was my weakest score anyway. Still sore they didn't give me the Presidential Scholarship with a 1540 out of 1600. But the past is the past.

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        Should have played hockey and lived in Canada...would have been set *tic I had to*
        I've tried ice skating a few times. A more accurate description would be "falling with ice skates on". I don't think I'd qualify for an "international scholarship".

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          as far as the polls go they mean squat,the only thing as we have found out that matters is the smokieeeeee room,and winning your league if u have a AQ.........that said Buff St. tomorrow night, cant do much worse than last yr in Buff st...As for who will be on the ice I would say their will be 12 forwards 6 dmen and 3 goalie,the names on the sweaters..thats why they pay coach Gosek/Digby the big bucks,they must have a hell of a time picking the line-up......
          Lest we remember our first game last year, stumbin, fumblin at the hands of Freddy....

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
            Lest we remember our first game last year, stumbin, fumblin at the hands of Freddy....
            I'm trying not to think about it.

Comment

Hey Lou there is a video link next to the Buff St game, is this their crew or is TOP taking their act on the road??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                Hey Lou there is a video link next to the Buff St game, is this their crew or is TOP taking their act on the road??
                Its the Buff State crew....Tigervision or something like that I recall...no official word on WTOP road games yet...there was some talk early about the Dome game v Utica but I haven't heard much lately - something to investigate...
                LakerEagleLover

Comment

Its the Buff State crew....Tigervision or something like that I recall...no official word on WTOP road games yet...there was some talk early about the Dome game v Utica but I haven't heard much lately - something to investigate...
                  ok thanks

Comment

I see Evan Shultz is now at Salve Regina. He should be an impact player on that team.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                      I see Evan Shultz is now at Salve Regina. He should be an impact player on that team.
                      agree , I think in almost any other yr he would have been pretty good with Oz,but to many players came in with him......he should do fine.

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO-E!

That was a game, my friends. Holy wow. I gotta start wearing my brown pants to watch these games.

That. was insanity. I gotta gather my wits and then I'll write up my thoughts on the game. But first thoughts are just holy moley I need a glass of water and an alka-seltzer.

Comment

Well my pick for leading scorer this yr is off to a good start,lets hope we play a full 60 minutes tonight.......who will be btwn the pipes???...any switches in the line-up........from what I saw,Willis played well besides the 2 penalties......after that Halloween got in the way

Comment

Well my pick for leading scorer this yr is off to a good start,lets hope we play a full 60 minutes tonight.......who will be btwn the pipes???...any switches in the line-up........from what I saw,Willis played well besides the 2 penalties......after that Halloween got in the way
                            I'm just the amateur here, but don't you give Gilbert the start after pitching the shutout....or is it better to get Z back on his horse? I would expect some new skaters to fill in for the injured and nicked up.....the Bengals weren't exactly the cleanest team last night....lots of Laker pain today I'm sure....but we have to be better at not getting sucked into retaliation and dumb penalties - tonight and every night. On the road we are every opponents biggest home game....expect the sh*t to hit the fan - right?
                            LakerEagleLover

Comment

I'm just the amateur here, but don't you give Gilbert the start after pitching the shutout....or is it better to get Z back on his horse? I would expect some new skaters to fill in for the injured and nicked up.....the Bengals weren't exactly the cleanest team last night....lots of Laker pain today I'm sure....but we have to be better at not getting sucked into retaliation and dumb penalties - tonight and every night. On the road we are every opponents biggest home game....expect the sh*t to hit the fan - right?
                              I thnk he may stay with Gilbert and the hot hand......buff and Freddy always seem to be chippy,and yea these teams get up big time for Oz,should be a close tilt tonight as well.

Comment

I thnk he may stay with Gilbert and the hot hand......buff and Freddy always seem to be chippy,and yea these teams get up big time for Oz,should be a close tilt tonight as well.
                                So what a great weekend of hockey. Takeaways:

1. It may well be that every single game this season is going to be a thrill ride. Even when they blow out their opponents, they're gonna wait until the second half of the game and make you stress out for the first half
                                2. Gilbert improved over the summer. No question about it. He didn't like the amount of ice time he got last year and the fact that he was passed up when it came time to make a run in the playoffs. And he did something about it. He got better. He had a good game tonight, and had a great game last night. I think he gets the start for Cortland unless something changes dramatically during practice.
                                3. Z is still a great goalie, and could still be the #1. Last night, on a fluke, he let in 3 goals, not all of which were completely his fault (what were you expecting to happen on a 5 on 3 power play and then another one right after?). I think he will get the start just as soon as Gilbert lets in more than 2 goals. The important question we ask is if it seems like a toss-up between the two, does Gilbert get it by nature of being a junior? Or does Z get it by nature of his phenomenal post-season run last season? In the end, I think they'll go with the hot hand.
                                4. What the heck was up with the Freddy announcers? Seriously? Talk about poor sportsmanship. Not professional at all. It's one thing to make a couple slights towards the other team, but they started making fun of Krystian Yorke in a way that I thought showed very poor taste. Well they can have their petty immature insults. Yorke is skating away with 5 points on the night. I think the announcers got pulled or something during the 3rd period because there was no more audio and there was a written apology on the screen. Which was odd.
                                5. That Buff State game gave me more heart attacks than I was expecting. Oswego needs to watch out for taking too many penalties. If Buff State had been more disciplined themselves they would've walked away with 2 points. For the first period and a half of that game, Oswego looked disconnected and confused. We were going even on shots, but our penalties gave them better opportunities. The goalie change sparked a fire under our guys though. I think about 75% of Oswego's shots in that game came after the goalie change.
                                6. Oswego has an offense. Holy mother of all that is good, we have an offense. Awesome. Not only can we blow lesser opponents out of the water with it, we can also rely on it to get us out of sticky situations. I think that's the difference between the first game of the season this year compared to last year. Last year we pushed it to OT, then let the game slip through our fingers. Yesterday, we fought our way back from a 3-goal deficit, and took and held the lead with less than a minute left in regulation. I'd prefer most games this season to go like the Fredonia game instead of the Buff State game though.
                                7. Cortland, on paper, shouldn't be a huge challenge for Oswego. But what's on paper and what plays out on the ice can be very different. Oswego is the better team, and they need to play like it. They don't need to start trading penalties. They don't need to take unnecessary risks. Last year Cortland let in 40% more goals than they scored in SUNYAC play. Oswego scored 50% more goals than they allowed last year in SUNYAC play. Play smart, don't take dumb penalties, and the game will come around.
                                8. Welcome Mitchell Herlihey to Oswego State hockey. Score two goals and an assist every game, and you'll be good to go.

Overall, I like what I see. When a team concentrates on trying to stop individuals like Galati on Oswego, they fail to realize that all the other players on our team are offensive weapons too. That's how you see 10 goals scored by 7 different players. While other teams concentrate on how to get their best guy open and give him opportunities, Oswego can say "oh you want to cover our 'best guy'? We'll just score goals with some of our other 'best guys'."

Comment

Working...
                                X