Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yooper_by_choice View Post
    Is it a rumor when it is the truth of the status or lack of a degree? Also showing how classless in his actions he was is reason enough to not hire him. His qualities are perfect for Northern.
    If you mean that a man who works hard, has integrity & outstanding character and is an excellent family man is "perfect for Northern," you are 100% correct. I've a part of college and minor pro hockey for nearly 25 years. When it comes to the type of person he is, Joey is one of the best you'll find. It's obvious that many members of the Soo hockey community feel the same way.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Originally posted by DM2SM
      How come every time someone compliments Joey a couple of you go back to this topic? You are either saying he is classless for misrepresenting himself when hired at LSSU or for coming on this forum. Here’s my thought. I googled and found all of Joe Shawhan LSSU website BIO’s, Jim Roque LSSU, Tim Christian LSSU, Rich Metro LSSU, and I ask you to do the same. I noticed one glaring item. There is no representation anywhere in any of Joey’s BIO’s that state he has a bachelor’s degree. Now even more interesting is that the other three have their degrees listed. In fact I googled several other coaches at other schools and did not find one that didn’t list their degree. Why do you think that is? Let me go a step further, every other coach on the LSSU website lists their degree and even Kris Dunbar’s A.D. Bio lists her degree. So to answer your first question, yes, it appears Joey did not have a bachelor’s degree when he took the job at LSSU but it seems pretty apparent that the University was aware of it. Now let me address your second statement. People like Joey. We think he is a good coach in fact most of us think he should have replaced Jim Roque. If your comments were regarding Joey coming on here, be sure to put it in context. You are obviously on the side that imply he was fraudulent in representing himself when he was hired. I think what you claim is a criminal offense is it not? So are you saying that it is classless for a person to come on this site under his “own name” and tell those accusing him of a criminal act to back off or he will tell what actually happened? I believe that is what you are saying. Remember you and I are on here making these accusations under total anonymity too ashamed to let people know who we are. Now who is really classless, you, me or Joey?
      I'm just stating what I saw with my own eyes after the hockey games
      http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
        It is well known that the funding is not where it should be.
        Since you have inside knowledge, I am curious what you make of these figures previously posted on the board.

http://www.lssu.edu/ir/documents/fal...schooldept.pdf

I would think that you know better than anyone that no students = no money.
        http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

It's time to move on folks.
          Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
            It's time to move on folks.
            What???? And ignore the problems???? Mark my words, the program will go into a downward spiral if the university's issues aren't addressed. It's time to REALLY clean house!

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
              What???? And ignore the problems???? Mark my words, the program will go into a downward spiral if the university's issues aren't addressed. It's time to REALLY clean house!
              Exactly!! Putting your head in the sand here hoping that all of the problems and issues at LSSU will just go away won't just happen. You gotta have a plan of action to address and attempt to counteract some of the issues at LSSU like declining enrollment. You let declining enrollment keep happening, and there's going to be a lot less money to go around for everything. And its not like Lansing is just going to burp up extra cash anytime soon to make any major upgrades at LSSU. LSSU needs to figure out a plan and get to work instead of just going thru the motions.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Since you have inside knowledge, I am curious what you make of these figures previously posted on the board.

http://www.lssu.edu/ir/documents/fal...schooldept.pdf

I would think that you know better than anyone that no students = no money.

You are really something even when my remarks are some what along your thinking you post something like this. Where did I say I had inside knowledge of the financial well being of Lake State ? It's common knowledge with the State slashing funding and smaller enrollment plus the former coach even stating they need donations to help the program.

I tell you, you come across as a senial hater of Dunbar that only wants to keep going over the negatives of the predicament Lake State is in. It is your right to if thats what you want but man I'm sure glad your not my golf partner.

Oh yeah Jnacc, I didn't know your son got cut from the team.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                  Exactly!! Putting your head in the sand here hoping that all of the problems and issues at LSSU will just go away won't just happen. You gotta have a plan of action to address and attempt to counteract some of the issues at LSSU like declining enrollment. You let declining enrollment keep happening, and there's going to be a lot less money to go around for everything. And its not like Lansing is just going to burp up extra cash anytime soon to make any major upgrades at LSSU. LSSU needs to figure out a plan and get to work instead of just going thru the motions.

Ok tell me what to do. Do I have to go up the hill and fire Dunbar right now or can I wait until 4 O'clock ?

Getting a new coach that may get the team to play on more of a consistent level should help for now. Remember the Lakers were a Top 20 team the first half of the season then went into their yearly swoon that took away what was such a promising season.
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Watching the Lakers for just under 29 years. A new president hopefully will help instead of having a High School principal at the helm. There will have to be more marketing so people will want to come to all sports not just for hockey. I wish the new coach all the luck and hopefully they know what they are getting into.
                    http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      I'm no marketing expert, but I'm pretty sure if you're going to be announcing stuff on Twitter, you probably should have only one twitter account that's official and is the one you would use for all such things. Maybe one for LSSU athletics and then another for LSSU sports like basketball, volleyball, and hockey, but they would all be linked back to LSSU athletics and all would be run by the same person.
                      The problem here is that people are taking information from @LakeStateHockey, a twitter handle that LSSU Athletics has since denied any affiliation with the program. If you want true information or at least credible information from the department then follow @HockeyLSSU or @LSSUathletics. If you want the "breaking news", however uninformed or misguided it may be, continue to follow that Roque apologists' twitter page.

Comment

The bean counters at LSSU should get off Uscho and find away to increase revenue. We have had more presidents and HR directors than most fortune 1000 companies have in the last 10years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers-88-92-94 View Post
                          The problem here is that people are taking information from @LakeStateHockey, a twitter handle that LSSU Athletics has since denied any affiliation with the program. If you want true information or at least credible information from the department then follow @HockeyLSSU or @LSSUathletics. If you want the "breaking news", however uninformed or misguided it may be, continue to follow that Roque apologists' twitter page.
                          That's funny! But what's really funny is that - as I said before - the @LakeStateHockey twitter has been the only social media out there pertaining to Laker hockey for the past 3 years. And from what I've observed, the info they tweet is pretty darn accurate, and even funny and entertaining at times. The powers that be at Lake State have been perfectly content to let them cover and promote Laker hockey for all this time. The new 'official' Laker hockey twitter hasn't posted much of anything since the season ended. And didn't create the Twitter account until Roque got fired. Not too proactive in the social media department! I'm not even sure they understand 'social media' up on the hill. Yet another thing they can't and don't do right. Doesn't really surprise me tho.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post

I tell you, you come across as a senial hater of Dunbar that only wants to keep going over the negatives of the predicament Lake State is in.
                            Believe me, if there was something positive to cheer about, I'd be the first to say it. I realize that we think somewhat along the same lines, but I do have a real concern for the future of the program and I am a realist. Most folks are pie-in-the-sky optimists, and that really isn't the best way to run a business, or a hockey program. Sorry if that doesn't blow up your skirt the right way!

Comment

Believe me, if there was something positive to cheer about, I'd be the first to say it. I realize that we think somewhat along the same lines, but I do have a real concern for the future of the program and I am a realist. Most folks are pie-in-the-sky optimists, and that really isn't the best way to run a business, or a hockey program. Sorry if that doesn't blow up your skirt the right way!
                              So do you think we'll be in the same situation 6-8 years from now? Possibly looking for a new head coach after more mediocre seasons.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                So do you think we'll be in the same situation 6-8 years from now? Possibly looking for a new head coach after more mediocre seasons.
                                Without putting money and marketing into the program, yes, unfortunately, I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X