Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

AD and Coates had a meeting with the team this afternoon to discuss the candidates. Let's just say that Shawhan didn't get consideration because AD and Coates don't want someone who is more popular than them. Plus they wouldn't be able to control him!
    Last edited by LakerBuff; 04-23-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

This doesn't surprise me Shawhan is well known in the Soo and he wold certainly be popular among locals and in some circles. Having Coates involved in speaking with the guys seems odd other than hes also a cabinet member. I wonder what the guys thought.Will have to ask.
      Originally posted by LakerBuff View Post
      AD and Coates had a meeting with the team this afternoon to discuss the candidates. Let's just say that Shawhan didn't get consideration because AD and Coates don't want someone who is more popular than them. Plus they wouldn't be able to control him!

Comment

All recent press releases say enrollment is at 3,000, but this isn't true.
        Could you provide a link to a recent press release that says this? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
          When Roque was coach, he made all the players go. 'Nuff said!
          Not to sound like a smart *** but they have no head coach to press them to do anything.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

I think it's KEY that the assistants be FULL TIME!!

I agree with you 100%.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              Damon Whitten has a real shot.
              He also has been at two schools similar to LSSU trying to break through.
              Who could he bring as assistants, my thought is some former MSU teammates?
              My feeling is this is why he shouldn't be our coach. Trying to break through is not good enough. He has never been a head coach and never been part of a winning program. i can understand Rick Comley pushing hard for him because Whitten was probably in his corner when they were running him out at MSU but don't forget they were failing at MSU. Fogarty is our guy out of the group. He's the only credible candidate in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                Could you provide a link to a recent press release that says this? Thanks.
                http://m.wiscnews.com/news/local/art...ile_touch=true

Contains a quote from LSSU PR Director Tom Pink stating enrollment at 3,000

Also check out the newest banished word list. It says it in the tag line at the bottom.

https://www.lssu.edu/banished/current.php

One more

http://www.collegebound.net/college-...versity/22283/
                Last edited by LakerBuff; 04-23-2014, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DM2SM View Post
                  My feeling is this is why he shouldn't be our coach. Trying to break through is not good enough. He has never been a head coach and never been part of a winning program. i can understand Rick Comley pushing hard for him because Whitten was probably in his corner when they were running him out at MSU but don't forget they were failing at MSU. Fogarty is our guy out of the group. He's the only credible candidate in my eyes.
                  If you want Div 3 go with Adrian's Fogarty, if you want someone with relevant experience go with Whitten.

Comment

If you want Div 3 go with Adrian's Fogarty, if you want someone with relevant experience go with Whitten.
                    I admire you fighting for your guy. I saw that Jamie Russel just resigned his position at PC. Maybe he is coming to us with Whitten to reclaim their magical touch from MTU "or" maybe Russel is coming with Barr from PC....or maybe Whitten, Barr and Russell are coming.
                    To be honest, if It was my decision to make to bring in "someone with relevant experience" I would have gone with Joey Shawhan as would most of the people in SSM.

Comment

Ron Fogarty has 10 years of D-1 assistant coaching experience with Clarkson, Colgate and Bowling Green, plus seven years as a head coach with a program he built from the ground up and has done nothing but win. How does Whitten's 8 years as an assistant top that?

Comment

Shawhan and Fogarty would have been the right choice to choose from. Whitten is too much of a gamble with no head coaching jobs and being connected with losing teams as his only experience .

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                          Ron Fogarty has 10 years of D-1 assistant coaching experience with Clarkson, Colgate and Bowling Green, plus seven years as a head coach with a program he built from the ground up and has done nothing but win. How does Whitten's 8 years as an assistant top that?
                          While I don't know much about Whitten. I believe Fogarty's background is what is needed to bring the program back to respectability. Particularly what he has done at Adrian.
                          Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                            While I don't know much about Whitten. I believe Fogarty's background is what is needed to bring the program back to respectability. Particularly what he has done at Adrian.
                            This team needs much more than a change in the name on the coach's desk. It's a positive step. But it's only part of the equation.

Comment

I wonder where the money will come from? These enrollment documents -found on LSSU website - show declining enrollment. All recent press releases say enrollment is at 3,000, but this isn't true. These enrollment sheets also include Petoskey and Escanaba students in the total, plus double majors are counted twice!

http://www.lssu.edu/ir/documents/fal...schooldept.pdf

When the majority of your student base is CJ and Fire Science, you will never have wealthy alum with great ability to give back! Lake State has 1,900 students on the Sault campus this current year. The spike you see in 2011 was statewide for all universities because of the recession and funding made available for the unemployed to go back to school.
                              Originally posted by Laker2Go View Post
                              With those numbers we need to see others at the university dismissed starting with enrollment. Good article i just wonder why everyone keeps saying 3k
                              I would have to agree with you on that. LSSU should get an action plan in place to bump enrollment up to at least over 4,000, and maybe even something like a 12 year plan to get to 5,000.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

When Roque was coach, he made all the players go. 'Nuff said!
                                A few years ago when every athlete was invited maybe he did. As I stated, however, only seniors and award winners were invited to the banquet. Not looking to get in an argument over something as pointless as the athletic banquet. That was my initial point was that it is a non factor and probably something that shouldn't have been brought up in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X