Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

I think Bill was referring to the Rockettes, Laker Loves, and the uninformed masses that create a perception based on false information. Midge, you're poison to this thread. You can have your own opinion but you continue to spin your wheels because you can't move on.
    Also, the ticket office is generally open from 9-5 with certain exceptions. Anyone with half of a brain could always make a phone call to the ticket office instead of wasting their time driving around town. How hard would it be to make a 30 second phone call to see if the ticket office is open? Quit being so helpless and stop this woe-is-us attitude. You want to see change? Be helpful, be proactive, don't start this 5 person riot against Dunbar on a forum that doesn't matter. If you don't like the direction things are going you can leave or you can try to help. You're doing neither.
    The people doing their jobs with the limited resources are not the minions. It's the idiots who attack the staff on twitter and on this forum that are minions. If you have a better idea then email it to them or apply for their jobs. I think the one thing that we do ask is that you stop being such a bitter troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers-88-92-94 View Post
      I think Bill was referring to the Rockettes, Laker Loves, and the uninformed masses that create a perception based on false information. Midge, you're poison to this thread. You can have your own opinion but you continue to spin your wheels because you can't move on.
      Also, the ticket office is generally open from 9-5 with certain exceptions. Anyone with half of a brain could always make a phone call to the ticket office instead of wasting their time driving around town. How hard would it be to make a 30 second phone call to see if the ticket office is open? Quit being so helpless and stop this woe-is-us attitude. You want to see change? Be helpful, be proactive, don't start this 5 person riot against Dunbar on a forum that doesn't matter. If you don't like the direction things are going you can leave or you can try to help. You're doing neither.
      The people doing their jobs with the limited resources are not the minions. It's the idiots who attack the staff on twitter and on this forum that are minions. If you have a better idea then email it to them or apply for their jobs. I think the one thing that we do ask is that you stop being such a bitter troll.
      One point of clarification. It's the Roquettes, not Rockettes.

(Credit goes to Anchors Aweigh for coming up with that name.)

Comment

When I get tickets a head of time I always do it over the internet; they are always waiting for me when I get there for the game.
        Go Lakers!

Comment

Since there has not been any news on the assistant coaches yet. It looks like Coach Whitten is really doing his due diligence in making sure that he will have the correct fit. I will give him credit for that.
          http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Anymore word yet on when the WCHA schedule will be released or when our non-conference schedule will be released? Can anyone confirm the rumor that we are traveling to North Dakota?

Comment

Nevermind on UND, I just confirmed that Dec. 5-6 haha

Comment

Originally posted by Yooper_by_choice View Post
                Since there has not been any news on the assistant coaches yet. It looks like Coach Whitten is really doing his due diligence in making sure that he will have the correct fit. I will give him credit for that.
                No one should be surprised at this! Damon Whitten has the endorsement of Ron Mason, Rick Comley and Jeff Jackson, a coaching record of his own as second and volunteer assistant, that almost matches Jim Roque's 9 years at Lake Superior, and the full endorsement of the hiring committee at the college, that brought some of the best hockey minds up there around, for a fair and open process.

Year 1 under Damon Whitten will be the best one yet, and a playoff birth is a realistic possibility in the always tough, WCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yooper_by_choice View Post
                  You have no clue how the process is going. There is no way for any of us to know. The head coaching pool was puddle deep. Is the assistant coaching budget better than the one low paid full time & one part time position that we've had the past few years? One would hope that they would allow the rookie coach to hire a decent experienced first assistant and back it up with a good young full time second assistant that won't have to subsist on a Ramen Noodle diet for his 70-80 hour work week. A D-1 assistant should not need to say, "Would you like to Super Size that," in order to earn more money.

Comment

Anymore word yet on when the WCHA schedule will be released or when our non-conference schedule will be released? Can anyone confirm the rumor that we are traveling to North Dakota?

We play Cornell (first time since 1996 NCAA tournament) in the Estero, Florida tournament December 28 and then either Miami or Notre Dame December 29. Word is we play at Robert Morris October 10-11. We play at Notre Dame but don't know the date. Someone says we also play at Michigan State but I'm not so sure about that. I would think there would be at least one non-conference series at home.
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                      You have no clue how the process is going. There is no way for any of us to know. The head coaching pool was puddle deep. Is the assistant coaching budget better than the one low paid full time & one part time position that we've had the past few years? One would hope that they would allow the rookie coach to hire a decent experienced first assistant and back it up with a good young full time second assistant that won't have to subsist on a Ramen Noodle diet for his 70-80 hour work week. A D-1 assistant should not need to say, "Would you like to Super Size that," in order to earn more money.
                      The point you are trying to make is?
                      http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Bowling Green State schedule came out today. We travel to BGSU Janaury 23-24.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          We play Cornell (first time since 1996 NCAA tournament) in the Estero, Florida tournament December 28 and then either Miami or Notre Dame December 29. Word is we play at Robert Morris October 10-11. We play at Notre Dame but don't know the date. Someone says we also play at Michigan State but I'm not so sure about that. I would think there would be at least one non-conference series at home.
                          They probably read MSU and thought State instead of Mankato. I don't think we play State this year. Thanks for the heads up! Not sure that we play Notre Dame either since UND would look like Notre Dame to most of us and actually be NoDak Dec. 5-6.

Comment

They probably read MSU and thought State instead of Mankato. I don't think we play State this year. Thanks for the heads up! Not sure that we play Notre Dame either since UND would look like Notre Dame to most of us and actually be NoDak Dec. 5-6.
                            Who knows. I guess we'll find out soon. As for the WCHA schedule, the only dates that we don't know are the MSU-Mankato games. One series at home and one at Mankato.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              One point of clarification. It's the Roquettes, not Rockettes.

(Credit goes to Anchors Aweigh for coming up with that name.)
                              He would know since he has that French connection!
                              http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Listen, I've been following Laker hockey longer than you've been alive, so you have absolutely no business referring to me as a troll or suggesting that I 'can't move on.' With regard to the ticket office, your suggestion of calling ahead to see if they're open is all fine and dandy, but most times when I call it goes straight to voicemail. Anyone with half a brain in their head would realize that good customer service is at the utmost apex of running a successful business, and if Lake State wants the program to be a success, I suggest they staff that **** ticket office from 9am to 5pm without fail! It's not really that difficult to do.
                                http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Working...
                                X