Bentley Falcons 2014-2015: If You Build It, They Will Come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bentley Falcons 2014-2015: If You Build It, They Will Come

Even though is a direct line from Shiegs' signature, I think it fits the season perfectly. Even though the team didn't make Rochester, it's obvious the team on the ice has become more stable than its been in the last decade. With pushes in two of the last three seasons, it's time to push attention and pressure off the ice with the expectation the team takes care of things on the ice. Build it on the ice, build it off the ice, and the people will come.

Gentlemen, start your engines!
    Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Re: Bentley Falcons 2014-2015: If You Build It, They Will Come

Ok, just to get some real controversy going here: the JAR will be undergoing a roof repair and new low-E ceiling to improve the facility.

http://www.ci.watertown.ma.us/index.aspx?NID=302

Next, the JAR's webmaster needs to hire a proofreader for the postings on their website.

Also, why is it that the Bentley home page on USCHO.com does not list dimensions for the JAR? It is reportedly NHL standard dimensions at 200x85 ft.

Comment

Build a real arena and people will come.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Ok, just to get some real controversy going here: the JAR will be undergoing a roof repair and new low-E ceiling to improve the facility.

http://www.ci.watertown.ma.us/index.aspx?NID=302

Next, the JAR's webmaster needs to hire a proofreader for the postings on their website.

Also, why is it that the Bentley home page on USCHO.com does not list dimensions for the JAR? It is reportedly NHL standard dimensions at 200x85 ft.
        I'm going to spend the bulk of next week dedicated to rink talk and the pros and cons of each side of the argument, leading with the renovations. I've done some research onto a Low-E ceiling, so that's good that the town is doing this. I also found how much they have earmarked for spending in the next couple of years. It increased significantly last year and this year before experiencing a major drop off next year and into the future.

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
          I'm going to spend the bulk of next week dedicated to rink talk and the pros and cons of each side of the argument, leading with the renovations. I've done some research onto a Low-E ceiling, so that's good that the town is doing this. I also found how much they have earmarked for spending in the next couple of years. It increased significantly last year and this year before experiencing a major drop off next year and into the future.
          So, we should not expect any luxury boxes or a Jumbotron any time soon at the JAR? :-)

Comment

It is foil looking insulation blankets that are strung beneath the existing ceiling.

Comment

You can only put so much lipstick on a pig.
              Bentley University Hockey
              On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

All I've heard on non-con games is 1 @ QU and 2 @ RPI. Any other rumors?
                Bentley University Hockey
                On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

The JAR's renovations:

http://jarpride.com/2014/04/21/jar-r...n-renovations/

Comment

Recently ranked the JAR dead last among 57 surveyed rinks. Honestly, the rankings aren't great, but the survey of the JAR is right down what we'd expect.

http://jarpride.com/2014/04/22/jar-r...orst-d1-arena/

Comment

Recently ranked the JAR dead last among 57 surveyed rinks. Honestly, the rankings aren't great, but the survey of the JAR is right down what we'd expect.

That is one of the worst lists I have seen in a long time.
                      What exactly is their criteria? Cornell should be WAY higher.

Comment

Wow, good thing that the writer did not visit three years ago before the Falcons' Nest became established. I was wrong earlier about the tickets being $5, but $7 is still a very good deal for Div 1 hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Wow, good thing that the writer did not visit three years ago before the Falcons' Nest became established. I was wrong earlier about the tickets being $5, but $7 is still a very good deal for Div 1 hockey.
                          I don't agree with most of the rankings - Clarkson shouldn't even be remotely close to the top 10, for example - but there are good notes made about the JAR. Namely that it's as bare bones as it gets. When you compare the JAR to some of the other rinks, it's clear it has to go.

Some of the reaction on Facebook made that crystal clear that there is substantial demand among the alumni that this is a) a well-deserved ranking and b) the JAR needs to go.

Comment

I don't agree with most of the rankings - Clarkson shouldn't even be remotely close to the top 10, for example - but there are good notes made about the JAR. Namely that it's as bare bones as it gets. When you compare the JAR to some of the other rinks, it's clear it has to go.

Some of the reaction on Facebook made that crystal clear that there is substantial demand among the alumni that this is a) a well-deserved ranking and b) the JAR needs to go.
                            I have not been to enough of the rinks (19#) to evaluate their ranking system, although for those that I have visited, their descriptions seem appropriate to me. I remember joking with a Bentley BoT member at Meehan (#48) when we played there over Thanksgiving break a few years ago that we should dig Meehan up and move it to Bentley's campus. And, this joke leads to today's trivia question: what important hockey event was played at Meehan and when?

I also really like Hart Rink, despite their dismal #52 ranking.

Comment

Would you put a big plus in for chairback seats vs bench seating?
                              Having food as the first ranking is foolish.

I would rather sit in a place like RPI with an older structure than a bland new place like Lowell or Mankato.

The food has not been good at AIC's place in 3-4 years. But on atmosphere, I'd put S.H. and Bentley above the Olympia.

Comment

Working...
                              X