University of North Dakota 2014 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of North Dakota 2014 Off-Season

The beauty of making the Frozen Four, win or lose, is the college hockey off-season is at least two weeks shorter.

Dave Berger's recent write-ups on the 2014-15 squad:

http://blog.siouxsports.com/2014/04/...ure-is-bright/

http://blog.siouxsports.com/2014/04/...k-of-recruits/

I disagree with Dave on one point. I don't think the upcoming class can still be ranked at or near the top nationally, as it probably did with Gropp and Lemieux. But I do agree there are some very important pieces coming in, including a potential 1st round goal scorer, a power forward, and a solid young backup for Zane.

As always, should be fun.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Re: University of North Dakota 2014 Off-Season

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    The beauty of making the Frozen Four, win or lose, is the college hockey off-season is at least two weeks shorter.

Dave Berger's recent write-ups on the 2014-15 squad:

http://blog.siouxsports.com/2014/04/...ure-is-bright/

http://blog.siouxsports.com/2014/04/...k-of-recruits/

I disagree with Dave on one point. I don't think the upcoming class can still be ranked at or near the top nationally, as it probably did with Gropp and Lemieux. But I do agree there are some very important pieces coming in, including a potential 1st round goal scorer, a power forward, and a solid young backup for Zane.

As always, should be fun.
    I think the only relevant question is, in which round of the NCAA's will UND play UMN next year? You know it's going to happen.

In all seriousness though good luck next year. The game last week only intensified my displeasure with not playing UND every year. The rivalry is so much better when both teams are top-level, and that has been the case for several years now, and doesn't look like that will change in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
      I think the only relevant question is, in which round of the NCAA's will UND play UMN next year? You know it's going to happen.

In all seriousness though good luck next year. The game last week only intensified my displeasure with not playing UND every year. The rivalry is so much better when both teams are top-level, and that has been the case for several years now, and doesn't look like that will change in the near future.
      If they meet, hopefully it will be in the Frozen Four again. Both teams should be pretty solid.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

If they meet, hopefully it will be in the Frozen Four again. Both teams should be pretty solid.
        It always seems a shame when these two schools end up in the same regional. Makes for an exciting regional when they do, but it's hard to replace the kind of event we had last week. I feel the same about UW. For UND to be declared fully recovered, though (aside from the obvious banner deficiency cure), they have to play and beat BC in the FF.

Comment

Umm... does the writer of that article do research? Hayden Shaw is only a junior in HS.
          University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
            Umm... does the writer of that article do research? Hayden Shaw is only a junior in HS.
            No need to be rude. He said on the SS thread that there's a discrepancy on Shaw's arrival date. One of the site's has an arrival date of this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
              No need to be rude. He said on the SS thread that there's a discrepancy on Shaw's arrival date. One of the site's has an arrival date of this fall.
              Actually there is a need for Hammy to be rude. It's kind of what he does when it comes to teams that aren't the Gophers and recruits who aren't future Gophers. So really, you can just ignore his general jerkoffness.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

With the west regional in Fargo next year, and UND the host, its quite likely they could meet up there. There won't be any drop-off in play for either team next year. Maybe the Sioux could even play decent hockey in the first half.....well that may be asking a bit much.
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                  With the west regional in Fargo next year, and UND the host, its quite likely they could meet up there. There won't be any drop-off in play for either team next year. Maybe the Sioux could even play decent hockey in the first half.....well that may be asking a bit much.
                  Well at least good enough so we're not sweating out other conference tournaments at the end of the year...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

This looks like a good commit:
                    http://www.grandforksherald.com/cont...ment-mens-team
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                      Good commit. It's crazy how recruiting continues to happen earlier and earlier.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        Good commit. It's crazy how recruiting continues to happen earlier and earlier.
                        Probably not for the best.

I've often thought it would be interesting to see a spreadsheet that showed the date of the commitment and the date the player actually appeared on campus. Have that spreadsheet for a period of 15 years or so and then look back and examine it in the light of each player's actual college career.

A lot of guys with good size don't really pan out once they get to college where others are of equal size. The same with speed. You can look pretty quick as a sophomore in high school, but a pretty large difference between that speed and the college game.

Hope the kid continues to develop and teams like MN or UMD look at him as one that got away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          Actually there is a need for Hammy to be rude. It's kind of what he does when it comes to teams that aren't the Gophers and recruits who aren't future Gophers. So really, you can just ignore his general jerkoffness.
                          I never said a bad thing about the player himself. I simply pointed out how poorly researched his situation was. A simple Google search shows the kid wouldn't be eligible to come in when it was stated in article. Pretty basic stuff... and you're going to whine that I point that out?

Let me know when you put your big boy pants on. lol
                          University of Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                            Don't you guys basically worship that cheerleader from the Herald? Even he made it clear when the kid committed when he was coming in given his age (not for another season). Isn't that all the research you need? lol
                            Last edited by Hammy; 04-16-2014, 01:49 PM.
                            University of Minnesota

Comment

So Dave made a mistake (which by the way he has acknowledged). I guess we don't live in the perfect world that is the gopher blogosphere.

Funny though how much they absolutely love to castigate Brad S. for his obvious favoritism towards UND. At the same time they seem to know every word he writes. And when they aren't panning him, they spend their time biatching about how the local Twin Cities media hate, or even fail to cover, the gophers.

Comment

Working...
                              X