PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

HarleyMC
06-26-2014, 12:02 AM
The only wow factor the Gophers should need is the mural. Cripes kids are entitled these days. I mean I get it that that's the way it is now, but I don't have to like it.
/grumpyoldman

Relax....wooden sticks are making a comeback. :D

HarleyMC
06-26-2014, 01:24 AM
Out of curiosity, I checked on how much time it took construction crews to reduce the rink size at the Verizon Wireless Center in Mankato last year. They started pouring concrete on Aug. 21 and by Aug. 31 the rink was done, a new refrigeration system had been installed and new seats throughout the arena were being installed. If the money is there the Mariucci renovation could happen rather quickly.

mnstate0fhockey
06-26-2014, 07:54 AM
Out of curiosity, I checked on how much time it took construction crews to reduce the rink size at the Verizon Wireless Center in Mankato last year. They started pouring concrete on Aug. 21 and by Aug. 31 the rink was done, a new refrigeration system had been installed and new seats throughout the arena were being installed. If the money is there the Mariucci renovation could happen rather quickly.

Interesting. Thanks for looking that up Harley. With the Mariucci rennovations, they'll be revamping the locker rooms, weight room, and team areas as well. Wonder how that will effect the timeline? It would be interesting to learn the complete scope of the project and what the timeline will be.

goldy_331
06-26-2014, 08:39 AM
This would be a University of Minnesota project, not a City of Mankato project. If you've ever been involved in a U project you'll understand the term "glacial pace.";)

Hammy
06-27-2014, 01:44 AM
The rink size won't be changing this off-season.

Bonin21
06-28-2014, 10:58 AM
The Gophers have eight defensemen on the roster next season. All eight are NHL draft picks. Never leave us, Mike.

Koho
06-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Did Bredstedt get drafted? (Too lazy to go through all the drafts.)

mnstate0fhockey
06-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Did Bredstedt get drafted? (Too lazy to go through all the drafts.)

Nope. Collins (2nd - Columbus), Glover (3rd - Winnipeg), Johnson (4th - LA), and Ramsey (7th - Chicago) did.

Koho
06-29-2014, 09:23 PM
Nope. Collins (2nd - Columbus), Glover (3rd - Winnipeg), Johnson (4th - LA), and Ramsey (7th - Chicago) did.

Would be nice to have the reassurance that scouts thought enough of him to draft him. Also, if he has an awesome year in the first couple, he has more reason to take an offer.

BC seems to be stacked with high draft picks and future high picks. Will be interesting to see if they get hit by too many early departures as many have been quick to jump on tDon for recruiting too many in the past. Tuch going to the Wild has to make fans there happy, as they are prospect heavy.

Bonin21
06-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Would be nice to have the reassurance that scouts thought enough of him to draft him. Also, if he has an awesome year in the first couple, he has more reason to take an offer.

Supposedly only three players under 5'9" drafted. Sheehy in the same boat.

Koho
06-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Relax....wooden sticks are making a comeback. :D

I hope so. would love to get back to using my Kohos.

Koho
06-29-2014, 09:30 PM
Supposedly only three players under 5'9" drafted. Sheehy in the same boat.

how tall is Cammerata again?

Bonin21
06-29-2014, 09:32 PM
how tall is Cammerata again?
About 5'7". I don't know how many under 5'9" were drafted last year, but I'm just saying obviously height was important this year.

Koho
06-29-2014, 09:34 PM
About 5'7". I don't know how many under 5'9" were drafted last year, but I'm just saying obviously height was important this year.

I know, just saying if a player is really special, they will still take him. I don't know that the value of size would change that much in one year. The Rangers have some pretty small guys who did pretty well.....

Bonin21
06-29-2014, 09:47 PM
I know, just saying if a player is really special, they will still take him. I don't know that the value of size would change that much in one year. The Rangers have some pretty small guys who did pretty well.....
Bristedt may have a better freshman year than Cammarata. We'll see. If he tears it up, he can still get taken in the next draft.

Hammy
06-29-2014, 10:35 PM

I don't see why it is a big deal. NCAA fans get too caught up in the draft stuff anyway. Kloos went undrafted too. I'll take guys like that any time.

HarleyMC
06-30-2014, 12:05 PM
As the only undrafted Mr. Hockey since 2004, Justin Kloos is a full-on anomaly. This kid has a huge upside and why he's not drafted is a bit of mystery to me. Based on what I saw last season, Kloos has the ability to accelerate around defenders with elusive speed, has excellent puck and playmaking skills, and I think he's a natural goal scorer. Kloos had a better frosh season than Haula, Budish or Bjugstad, and nearly matched Rau's freshman season G total (18) with his 16 Gs. He had an excellent regional game against SCSU and was chosen Most Outstanding Player in the West Regional. He's on my list of players to watch this coming season.

Bonin21
06-30-2014, 12:11 PM
He's on my list of players to watch this coming season.
You an NHL GM or something? Shouldn't you be watching every player on the Gophers? :cool:

HarleyMC
06-30-2014, 12:31 PM
You an NHL GM or something? Shouldn't you be watching every player on the Gophers? :cool:

Just...nevermind.:D Your gene pool obviously doesn't have a deep end.

Slap Shot
06-30-2014, 06:47 PM
So now we're counting them out if they don't get drafted? I only wish the Union players knew their proper roles last season. :(