Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    I agree it is not needed to make hockey interesting, but beer can make a great thing even a little better. (You telling me on Friday night when you sit down in front of a game on tv you don't crack a cold one?)
    I'm not against beer sales, as long as drunks don't become an annoying issue. On a Friday night hopefully I'm finishing beer and pizza at CP and walking to Mariucci.

Comment

Hi Gophers fans,

I'm looking for information about the Mariucci Classic ..... when do tickets go on sale and how much are they? Is there an email list I can get on to find out when they will be available? I want to come up from Rochester to see RIT play. It seems like something you need to plan for months in advance so I'm surprised they don't have anything up yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        I'm not against beer sales, as long as drunks don't become an annoying issue. On a Friday night hopefully I'm finishing beer and pizza at CP and walking to Mariucci.
        This. Plus, I'm not one of those people that NEEDS beer to make hockey enjoyable. It is/was nice for events like the Final Five, but it doesn't make or break the event for me. Lots of people complain about alcohol-less regionals and while I kind of agree, I think I get my fill in the tailgate lot.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post
          I'm looking for information about the Mariucci Classic ..... when do tickets go on sale and how much are they? Is there an email list I can get on to find out when they will be available? I want to come up from Rochester to see RIT play. It seems like something you need to plan for months in advance so I'm surprised they don't have anything up yet.
          Just keep an eye out on https://www.mygophersports.com/Onlin...0lUG4YLfWfw%3D.

Three game packages will go on sale first, but then single game will open up. You should have no issues getting tickets because those games have pretty low demand based on timing around the holidays and the student sections opening up to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            This. Plus, I'm not one of those people that NEEDS beer to make hockey enjoyable. It is/was nice for events like the Final Five, but it doesn't make or break the event for me. Lots of people complain about alcohol-less regionals and while I kind of agree, I think I get my fill in the tailgate lot.
            Agreed. At home or at a bar, sure I'll have a couple. For the F5, the tailgate provides. I am not paying $7 for swill (or more for good stuff) at the game. Don't need it, not worth it. Frankly, I think the U (and others) think beer sales = all people will be annoying drunk. It's not a black/white issue. Yes, there will be SOME problems, but overall, I think the problems are overblown by the anti-beer sales crowd.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post
              Hi Gophers fans,

Enjoy your visit
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

hockey = good. beer = good. Beer and hockey =very good. Basketball and beer = even beer can't save it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Frankly, I think the U (and others) think beer sales = all people will be annoying drunk. It's not a black/white issue. Yes, there will be SOME problems, but overall, I think the problems are overblown by the anti-beer sales crowd.
                  Clearly you never attended a Gopher-BADger FB game in the Dome. Of course if you keep the BADger crowds out, your assessment is probably correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Agreed. At home or at a bar, sure I'll have a couple. For the F5, the tailgate provides. I am not paying $7 for swill (or more for good stuff) at the game. Don't need it, not worth it. Frankly, I think the U (and others) think beer sales = all people will be annoying drunk. It's not a black/white issue. Yes, there will be SOME problems, but overall, I think the problems are overblown by the anti-beer sales crowd.
                    Word. I wouldn't mind having a couple for the rare appearances I make at Mariucci anymore since I don't get student tickets but it doesn't make or break my experience not having any. I sit at home for most games now and I definitely get my fill
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      Word. I wouldn't mind having a couple for the rare appearances I make at Mariucci anymore since I don't get student tickets but it doesn't make or break my experience not having any. I sit at home for most games now and I definitely get my fill
                      Yeah it was never an issue with me either. I think some always saw the game as the chance to sober up between pre-game and post-game drinking. I didn't often take it to that level and of course having kids makes doing this way too difficult now which is why I try to make a road trip.

Comment

if you need swill to enjoy a Gopher hockey game, there is something seriously wrong with you

before the game, yes, after, yes

during?
                        it's never entered my mind

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                          if you need swill to enjoy a Gopher hockey game, there is something seriously wrong with you

before the game, yes, after, yes

during?
                          it's never entered my mind
                          It never has been an option, so you have to take that into account. But for the most part I do agree. Not necessary. But if someone wants to buy me one, I'm certainly not going to turn it down. I hope everyone keeps that in mind if they see me out pretty much anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            It never has been an option, so you have to take that into account. But for the most part I do agree. Not necessary. But if someone wants to buy me one, I'm certainly not going to turn it down. I hope everyone keeps that in mind if they see me out pretty much anywhere.
                            Next Gopher game I attend and recognize you, I will buy you a beer.

Comment

Gopher Men's Hockey 4-Pack
                              https://www.mygophersports.com/onlin...nt=GopherScore
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Rumors are swirling that only 18 games are going to be broadcast this season.

I, for one, don't buy it. But that's what's being said right now...
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X