PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25

Bonin21
08-29-2014, 08:57 AM
I agree it is not needed to make hockey interesting, but beer can make a great thing even a little better. (You telling me on Friday night when you sit down in front of a game on tv you don't crack a cold one?)
I'm not against beer sales, as long as drunks don't become an annoying issue. On a Friday night hopefully I'm finishing beer and pizza at CP and walking to Mariucci. ;)

tigerprincess7
08-29-2014, 09:18 AM
Hi Gophers fans,

I'm looking for information about the Mariucci Classic ..... when do tickets go on sale and how much are they? Is there an email list I can get on to find out when they will be available? I want to come up from Rochester to see RIT play. It seems like something you need to plan for months in advance so I'm surprised they don't have anything up yet.

gopher wes
08-29-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm not against beer sales, as long as drunks don't become an annoying issue. On a Friday night hopefully I'm finishing beer and pizza at CP and walking to Mariucci. ;)
This. Plus, I'm not one of those people that NEEDS beer to make hockey enjoyable. It is/was nice for events like the Final Five, but it doesn't make or break the event for me. Lots of people complain about alcohol-less regionals and while I kind of agree, I think I get my fill in the tailgate lot.:o:o

Bonin21
08-29-2014, 09:30 AM
I'm looking for information about the Mariucci Classic ..... when do tickets go on sale and how much are they? Is there an email list I can get on to find out when they will be available? I want to come up from Rochester to see RIT play. It seems like something you need to plan for months in advance so I'm surprised they don't have anything up yet.
Just keep an eye out on https://www.mygophersports.com/Online/mens-hockey?menu_id=C9D0CA82-F912-4B60-B4BB-681BB71200BB&sToken=1%2C2f7e8425%2C540090c2%2C377FFDD6-6939-4BF9-84ED-422D72EDC04B%2CpUQ%2F854I1hkMCiBS0lUG4YLfWfw%3D.

Three game packages will go on sale first, but then single game will open up. You should have no issues getting tickets because those games have pretty low demand based on timing around the holidays and the student sections opening up to the general public.

The Rube
08-30-2014, 04:50 PM
This. Plus, I'm not one of those people that NEEDS beer to make hockey enjoyable. It is/was nice for events like the Final Five, but it doesn't make or break the event for me. Lots of people complain about alcohol-less regionals and while I kind of agree, I think I get my fill in the tailgate lot.:o:o

Agreed. At home or at a bar, sure I'll have a couple. For the F5, the tailgate provides. I am not paying $7 for swill (or more for good stuff) at the game. Don't need it, not worth it. Frankly, I think the U (and others) think beer sales = all people will be annoying drunk. It's not a black/white issue. Yes, there will be SOME problems, but overall, I think the problems are overblown by the anti-beer sales crowd.

mnstate0fhockey
08-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Hi Gophers fans,

Enjoy your visit :)

Koho
08-31-2014, 02:05 PM
hockey = good. beer = good. Beer and hockey =very good. Basketball and beer = even beer can't save it.

goldy_331
09-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Frankly, I think the U (and others) think beer sales = all people will be annoying drunk. It's not a black/white issue. Yes, there will be SOME problems, but overall, I think the problems are overblown by the anti-beer sales crowd.

Clearly you never attended a Gopher-BADger FB game in the Dome. Of course if you keep the BADger crowds out, your assessment is probably correct. :p

gopher wes
09-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Agreed. At home or at a bar, sure I'll have a couple. For the F5, the tailgate provides. I am not paying $7 for swill (or more for good stuff) at the game. Don't need it, not worth it. Frankly, I think the U (and others) think beer sales = all people will be annoying drunk. It's not a black/white issue. Yes, there will be SOME problems, but overall, I think the problems are overblown by the anti-beer sales crowd.
Word. I wouldn't mind having a couple for the rare appearances I make at Mariucci anymore since I don't get student tickets but it doesn't make or break my experience not having any. I sit at home for most games now and I definitely get my fill :)

Tiggsy
09-04-2014, 09:09 AM
Word. I wouldn't mind having a couple for the rare appearances I make at Mariucci anymore since I don't get student tickets but it doesn't make or break my experience not having any. I sit at home for most games now and I definitely get my fill :)

Yeah it was never an issue with me either. I think some always saw the game as the chance to sober up between pre-game and post-game drinking. I didn't often take it to that level and of course having kids makes doing this way too difficult now which is why I try to make a road trip.

pokechecker
09-04-2014, 09:22 AM
if you need swill to enjoy a Gopher hockey game, there is something seriously wrong with you

before the game, yes, after, yes

during?
it's never entered my mind

Tiggsy
09-04-2014, 03:38 PM
if you need swill to enjoy a Gopher hockey game, there is something seriously wrong with you

before the game, yes, after, yes

during?
it's never entered my mind

It never has been an option, so you have to take that into account. But for the most part I do agree. Not necessary. But if someone wants to buy me one, I'm certainly not going to turn it down. I hope everyone keeps that in mind if they see me out pretty much anywhere. :)

Koho
09-04-2014, 05:31 PM
It never has been an option, so you have to take that into account. But for the most part I do agree. Not necessary. But if someone wants to buy me one, I'm certainly not going to turn it down. I hope everyone keeps that in mind if they see me out pretty much anywhere. :)

Next Gopher game I attend and recognize you, I will buy you a beer.

D2D
09-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Gopher Men's Hockey 4-Pack
https://www.mygophersports.com/online/Hockey4Pack?utm_source=MyGopherSports&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MHO4Pack&utm_content=GopherScore

dxmnkd316
09-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Rumors are swirling that only 18 games are going to be broadcast this season.

I, for one, don't buy it. But that's what's being said right now...

The Rube
09-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Re-enforces my cutting cable decision, if anything. Saves me more money.

dxmnkd316
09-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Apparently the Gophers won't be part of Hockey Day Minnesota...

The Rube
09-07-2014, 09:58 PM
To quote a certain announcer no longer associated with the network:

Take a molotov cocktail to them.

5mn_Major
09-07-2014, 10:20 PM
All that matters at my place is that there's a stream.

dxmnkd316
09-07-2014, 10:20 PM
All that matters at my place is that there's a stream.

Don't count on it...