PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Gophers Offseason Thread 2014 - Quick, Reload!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

HarleyMC
07-12-2014, 02:56 AM
There is a simple answer to all this discussion guys, I simply put Harley Blowhard on ignore months ago. He types a LOT of words, but doesn't actually bring anything useful to the discussion. He spends so much time trying to insult other Gopher fans that I'm not sure he isn't a Whioux fan in disguise.

Haha...:D This is too funny: "He types a LOT of words". goldy must spend a lot of time polishing his halo. Maybe goldy's taking this stuff a little too seriously and perhaps a little bitter because he can't win an argument. "Insulting other Gopher fans", you mean like name calling like you just did, right?:rolleyes: "Whioux fan in disguise?" Wow...poor old man goldy, he's finally lost his mind.

You're a wise man. Advice taken.

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree afterall...

willythekid
07-12-2014, 02:59 AM
Do gopher posters fight more when they're winning or losing? Who knows... great summer reading though. Carry on you silly goofs...

The Rube
07-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Hey, all y'all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axWsbQhNCs0

Koho
07-12-2014, 08:13 AM
Hey, all y'all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axWsbQhNCs0

With only a handful of posters left here, if it weren't for the arguments, there would be nothing to read to pass the summer. No one else is carrying the weight around here but us stubborn, opinionated ones. I mean, even with the arguing, we are barely on page 14. And that is only because Myself, Hammy and Harley write such long posts. Give credit where credit is due. Would you rather be mowing the lawn? (Oh crap, I gotta do that too.)

Koho
07-12-2014, 08:14 AM
With only a handful of posters left here, if it weren't for the arguments, there would be nothing to read to pass the summer. No one else is carrying the weight around here but us stubborn, opinionated ones. I mean, even with the arguing, we are barely on page 14. And that is only because Myself, Hammy and Harley write such long posts. Give credit where credit is due. Would you rather be mowing the lawn? (Oh crap, I gotta do that too.)

Wait....I didn't just sort of agree with a Whioux fan, did I?

Bonin21
07-12-2014, 10:09 AM
I mean, even with the arguing, we are barely on page 14. And that is only because Myself, Hammy and Harley write such long posts.
Each page is 20 posts no matter what?

Koho
07-12-2014, 11:05 AM
Each page is 20 posts no matter what?

Facts are superficial, I'm on a roll...

ShotFromThePoint
07-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Glad I came in late to this, I can read all of the past posts. Reminds me of watching shows on Netflix...I can just binge read all of the past fun.

ShotFromThePoint
07-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on who will be the leading scorer this year?

Hammy
07-12-2014, 12:41 PM
With only a handful of posters left here, if it weren't for the arguments, there would be nothing to read to pass the summer.

This board has gone way down hill over the years for a variety of teams. The discussions on this thread in the last week are a far cry (in terms of intensity) from what it was like back then. This stuff lately has been more like a calm walk in the park. Of course, I don't think they had the ignore option back then either so maybe that was part of it. Goldy's reminder was a good one. Block out the nimrods and keep the quality commentary in sight.

I apologize for getting on your case so hard. We can agree to disagree on that specific item. I suspect we agree far more than we disagree on the bulk of things.

I don't have major issues with getting some of the types you have discussed. I never have had an issue with that. I just wanted to see things balanced out so we didn't suffer the revolving door quite as frequently. It is clear the coaches have seen that need as well. They have made a major attempt to balance out the recruiting with a mix of prospects. I think we saw how well that worked out with last year's freshman class.

Bonin21
07-12-2014, 12:41 PM
My guesses would be Rau or Kloos.

Koho
07-12-2014, 01:20 PM
My guesses would be Rau or Kloos.

I was hoping for Bredstedt, but now that he wasn't drafted, I am guessing not. I would guess those two or Fasching.

How many points do you think the third line will get this year?

Finally, an interesting thread might be a 'what is your team returning" one. Too lazy to start myself, but could set up a template of; 'how many point last year', 'how many points left and will return', 'Top 3-5 players in points last year and if returning', 'Top three D on team and if returning', 'additional info'. Then would have a place to see how each team looks and could generate discussion on conference favorites and NC contenders.

Oh, can't believe I forgot the category 'number of incoming drafted players'.

Bonin21
07-12-2014, 01:35 PM
I haven't updated my spreadsheet in a while so it could be off, but here's my favorite part:
UMN: 130 goals returning, 336 points returning
uw: 33 goals returning, 99 points returning

:)

For Michigan I had 61 goals and 163 points, but like I said it might be off now.

Slap Shot
07-12-2014, 01:41 PM
I was hoping for Bredstedt, but now that he wasn't drafted, I am guessing not. I would guess those two or Fasching.

How many points do you think the third line will get this year?

Finally, an interesting thread might be a 'what is your team returning" one. Too lazy to start myself, but could set up a template of; 'how many point last year', 'how many points left and will return', 'Top 3-5 players in points last year and if returning', 'Top three D on team and if returning', 'additional info'. Then would have a place to see how each team looks and could generate discussion on conference favorites and NC contenders.

Oh, can't believe I forgot the category 'number of incoming drafted players'.

Perhaps you should read Hammy's last post. :)

The Rube
07-12-2014, 08:09 PM
This board has gone way down hill over the years for a variety of teams.

That's for sure. Many of the big-time tUMD posters (NSSHG, beersong, etc) either retired or moved on to other, smaller boards, for example. Same with the Techies (MeanEgirl, BeerPongHorn, etc), and also other various knowledgeable posters (Puck Swami [still makes me mad about that situation], con1977, Almington, etc).

My D1 reading has dwindled quite a bit over the past couple years due to that. This is probably the most "active" offseason I've had in quite some time.

Driftryder
07-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on who will be the leading scorer this year?

I think we will once again have balanced scoring throughput the lineup with no real #1 that is head and shoulders above others as far as scoring goes. We'll see I guess. But Kloos, Fasching and Rau should be towards the top of the scoring list.

5mn_Major
07-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Usual suspects for scorer: Rau, Warning, Kloos, Fasching. I certainly wouldn't count out our #2 point getter this year...Warning. Quite a few players could take a big step up this year. The only solid bet is M Reilly for top scorer at the point.

burd
07-14-2014, 12:28 PM
Goals will be hard to come by for the Gophers this year, with them being so slow-footed.

Bonin21
07-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Goals will be hard to come by for the Gophers this year, with them being so slow-footed.
Is there a joke I'm missing in there somewhere?

Driftryder
07-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Usual suspects for scorer: Rau, Warning, Kloos, Fasching. I certainly wouldn't count out our #2 point getter this year...Warning. Quite a few players could take a big step up this year. The only solid bet is M Reilly for top scorer at the point.

Correct, oops forgot to put down Warning as well. :o