PDA

View Full Version : UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Wholin1
04-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Let's keep this rolling. :D

UnionFan4Life
04-13-2014, 06:40 PM
National Champions baby!! :cool:

Ghost is currently undecided, he will talk with his family about the decision. It is reported his mom wants that diploma.

Wholin1
04-13-2014, 06:53 PM
National Champions baby!! :cool:

Ghost is currently undecided, he will talk with his family about the decision. It is reported his mom wants that diploma. #stayinschenectadyshayne :DI honestly assumed that if we won NC that there was little chance of Ghost returning. The Flyers fans sitting behind me were salivating over him. I have to say that the PA announcer is going to have to do some work with his name. He was generally awful with his pronunciations of any name over one syllable, but his attempts with Ghost were comical.

Props to RPI AD for driving down from Troy to hand us our trophy. How sweet was that ? ;)

Anyway, this is a season and a team I will never forget, at least until I can't remember anymore. :eek: Black and blue from pinching myself. The Garnet Blades banquet Thursday is going to be phenomenal. Can't wait to see the hardware. They'll need an extra room.

ufanbill
04-13-2014, 08:41 PM
This is for the team: Union didn't have a hockey team when I attended and I never played the game but when Ned Harkness bought in to the new hockey program and Achilles rink began to fill, I was there. I was there when "U" hosted the D3 final four and I was there when RPI's John Carter ripped Union fans hearts out with a late goal to deny Union it's first win over the dreaded Engineers. I certainly saw many more losses than wins BUT it was fun, the boys played hard and there was no where to go but up. Now we're on top. Unbelievable,,, I want to thank every player who ever wore the Garnet. As the years went by the coaching and the players got better BUT...how do you get to the prize? Thank RIT in 2010 for making the Frozen Four, a surprise for sure and everyone at Union said...why not us? Thank the Frozen Fenway for inviting Union, another indication we were moving up. Most of all thank the players the last four years for getting it done! Thank you for coming to Union, for believing in the program. Look what you have done...you've certainly made a grown man cry, cry with happiness. Thanks

northeastern
04-13-2014, 09:07 PM
This is for the team: Union didn't have a hockey team when I attended and I never played the game but when Ned Harkness bought in to the new hockey program and Achilles rink began to fill, I was there. I was there when "U" hosted the D3 final four and I was there when RPI's John Carter ripped Union fans hearts out with a late goal to deny Union it's first win over the dreaded Engineers. I certainly saw many more losses than wins BUT it was fun, the boys played hard and there was no where to go but up. Now we're on top. Unbelievable,,, I want to thank every player who ever wore the Garnet. As the years went by the coaching and the players got better BUT...how do you get to the prize? Thank RIT in 2010 for making the Frozen Four, a surprise for sure and everyone at Union said...why not us? Thank the Frozen Fenway for inviting Union, another indication we were moving up. Most of all thank the players the last four years for getting it done! Thank you for coming to Union, for believing in the program. Look what you have done...you've certainly made a grown man cry, cry with happiness. Thanks

Great post. That's all.
Oh & congrats again U !

SlyFoxMan7
04-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Here's a video of Union hockey arriving at Messa rink today with the trophy http://youtu.be/R9salhjrQWw

ColSkate65
04-13-2014, 09:45 PM
Congrats to the Dutchmen! You played a great game last night, and pretty much dominated all the Frozen Four competition IMHO. Now, can we break up the team before next season? :)

Lodge17
04-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Wow! Too funny...

http://deadspin.com/minnesota-idiots-riot-over-lost-championship-****-of-1562698867?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Keepin it classy...

Skate79
04-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Congrats to the Dutchmen! You played a great game last night, and pretty much dominated all the Frozen Four competition IMHO. Now, can we break up the team before next season? :)

I don't think that will be too hard as they graduate some important seniors (Hatch, Bodie to name two) and Gostisbehere most likely will be wooed hard by the Flyers. He has nothing left to prove at this point and is NHL ready.

Wholin1
04-13-2014, 11:06 PM
Wow! Too funny...

http://deadspin.com/minnesota-idiots-riot-over-lost-championship-****-of-1562698867?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Keepin it classy... Bad behavior can happen anywhere especially when fueled by alcohol. There were also five arrests just off campus last night in Schenectady. It seems to be the norm these days.

The Rube
04-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Wow! Too funny...

Keepin it classy...

And every fan I know condemned those people. And even condemned the newscast: why the hell would you keep going back to that reporter? Morons.

Dutchman
04-14-2014, 08:20 AM
Wow! Too funny...

Keepin it classy...

Mild Stuff ..... just letting off steam ..... police as a preventive force. Does not change my opinion of Minnesota as a classy program with classy fans. A little emotional at the loss, but that can be expected.

UFan
04-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Kuddos to all the fans from other teams who cheered for Union, it was great to see all the jerseys screaming with Union. Hope to return the favor one day (by one day I mean next year of course).

DIIIFan
04-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Congrats Union Hockey. I remember when Union was a DIII school and then went DI. It was not a easy transition but you are now the Champs. Way to show your very old rivals RPI how it is done for their transition was the oposite. Way to put the small schools on the map and let the little guys know that it can be done with great coaching and great team players.
Oswego '88

aweise
04-14-2014, 09:57 AM
I don't think that will be too hard as they graduate some important seniors (Hatch, Bodie to name two) and Gostisbehere most likely will be wooed hard by the Flyers. He has nothing left to prove at this point and is NHL ready.

About the only thing against him being NHL-ready is his size. A good d-man in the NHL should be bigger than 165 pounds, but if the Flyers think he's ready, then I'm sure he'll get plenty of monetary reasons to jump.

After the PLUS-7 game he had on Saturday, I was sure Paul Holmgren and Ron Hextall wouldn't have let him leave the building.

UnionHockeyManiac
04-14-2014, 10:18 AM
It's Monday...I wonder when I'm going to have a voice again?

Kepler
04-14-2014, 10:55 AM
About the only thing against him being NHL-ready is his size. A good d-man in the NHL should be bigger than 165 pounds, but if the Flyers think he's ready, then I'm sure he'll get plenty of monetary reasons to jump.

He's not getting any bigger. If his size works against them signing him that's permanent, and I just can't imagine that.

Kepler
04-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Bad behavior can happen anywhere especially when fueled by alcohol. There were also five arrests just off campus last night in Schenectady. It seems to be the norm these days.

The people who riot after sporting events aren't the fans, they're people looking for a reason to be publicly out of control. The excuse is arbitrary.

Wholin1
04-14-2014, 11:03 AM
So far as Ghost is concerned, I think it's great that he has postponed his decision so that he could participate in all of the post championship hoopla. Stepping off the bus yesterday with that trophy to the sounds and sights of the delirious fans, had to heighten the experience and add to the memories. I'm sure he has a pen or two in his pocket back in Schenectady if he decides to sign that contract. ;)

Dutchfan
04-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Wow...I don't even know where to begin...

No matter how many times I check the box score, watch video, or look at pictures I still don't believe this actually happened. I don't think I've stopped smiling since Sully's goal to "seal the deal" as Matt would put it.

The ride this team has given us over the past four years has been completely unbelievable. 10 years ago I would have been over the moon with just a trip to Albany for the ECAC Finals, let alone an NCAA bid or anything past that. The hard work that everyone has put in, from President Ainlay and Jim McLaughlin, to Kevin Sneddon, Nate Leaman, and Rick plus the assistants that have all coached here during that time frame. Everyone associated with the program from the players and their parents, to the Garnet Blades, and everyone in between, has worked so hard to create the reality that is the present, Union College is a National Champion!

The only thing that is even close to a bummer right now is that we're going to have to say goodbye to this amazing senior class. When October rolls around it's going to be very hard not seeing them and their parents around Messa.

Mission accomplished!