Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
    Is this real life?
    I keep asking myself if that really happened.

I then watch my DVR recordings to confirm that it really did.
    Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
      I keep asking myself if that really happened.

I then watch my DVR recordings to confirm that it really did.
      Trust me.

It happened.

Comment

According to SNY Rangers blog Mat Bodie will be switching his garnet jersey for a blue one! Way to go Mat. He will finish semester and report to development camp in July.

Comment

Bodie signs with NYR. Rumored yesterday, first officially confirmed by Katie Strang of ESPN NY.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...onal-champions
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
            Bodie signs with NYR. Rumored yesterday, first officially confirmed by Katie Strang of ESPN NY.

The star blue liner was a second team All-American this past season as he led the Dutchmen to the school's first NCAA National Championship at the Frozen Four in Philadelphia this past weekend.
            Wasn't he a first team All-American?
            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post

What an unreal ride. I lived through the D1 transition watching copious losses both at home and on the road as part of the WRUC student broadcasting team. I dreamed of this happening, but never thought it could. When we scored after the 5 min. major vs. BC I stood up so fast I nearly passed out! Amazing.

I was told by the school that they sold 350 tickets to the pre-game alumni event on Sat. alone - it was sold out and they couldnt even take in those who just wanted to come in. We had guys come in from all over including guys on red eye flights from the West Coast. Anyone who loves Union hockey, or just Union, and didnt make their way to Philly will regret it for a long time. Winning is hard. And you can never replace the feeling of winning that 1st time.....

Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ufanbill View Post
                Thanks!
                National Champions 2014!
                Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeMalloy View Post
                  What an unreal ride. I lived through the D1 transition watching copious losses both at home and on the road as part of the WRUC student broadcasting team. I dreamed of this happening, but never thought it could. When we scored after the 5 min. major vs. BC I stood up so fast I nearly passed out! Amazing.

I was told by the school that they sold 350 tickets to the pre-game alumni event on Sat. alone - it was sold out and they couldnt even take in those who just wanted to come in. We had guys come in from all over including guys on red eye flights from the West Coast. Anyone who loves Union hockey, or just Union, and didnt make their way to Philly will regret it for a long time. Winning is hard. And you can never replace the feeling of winning that 1st time.....

Go U!!!

I really regret it! As well as at least one former captain I was texting with throughout the game! If not for the strokes in Korea and the inability to walk, I would have been there for sure!
                  National Champions 2014!
                  Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                  Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                  Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                    Ken Schott reporting there will be a parade this Thursday at 4pm starting on campus and ending at city hall. The question is will Matt Bodie be in attendance? He is reportedly close to signing with the NY Rangers!! A big congratulations to him!
                    Awesome. Perhaps the Rangers will line Bodie and Ryan Haggarty up at the first practice and let them settle the Mayor's cup debacle once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                      Awesome. Perhaps the Rangers will line Bodie and Ryan Haggarty up at the first practice and let them settle the Mayor's cup debacle once and for all.
                      Congratulations to Union. Even here in the nearby Gloversville and Johnstown area, where hockey is not the sport of choice, everybody is talking about it. Union was relentless, and played away from the puck as well as any team I've ever seen. The Ghost being +7 in the NCAA championship game was incredible, but it was a season-long TEAM effort that resulted in great things. Again, congratulations to the U.
                      GO SAINTS.

Comment

GO SAINTS.

Comment

If a bunch of Minnesota and Boston kids can win a gold medal, then Bodie and Haggarty can survive as teammates lol. I don't see it as an issue at the pro level. I'm a Rangers fan so I hope both guys will have successful pro careers.
                          Union College Hockey
                          2014 NCAA National Champions
                          2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

I can't even imagine what a great night it's going to be at the Garnet Blades season ending banquet Thursday night. They are going to need an extra table for all of the hardware. I'm just wondering if they will have enough video highlights to fill the time slot.

Comment

Nice Article from the Minnesota Star Tribune .... looks like this run may have actually started in 2010 ..... against those same Golden Golphers
                              http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...254994761.html
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

In a completely unsurprising development, Ghost signs with Philadelphia. Congrats to Shayne and thank you for everything you have done for the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X