PDA

View Full Version : UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31

Dutchman
09-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Union players, staff receive NCAA hockey championship rings
http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/schott/2014/sep/16/union-players-staff-receive-ncaa-hockey-championsh/

Dutchman
09-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Posted today on the RPI thread

I'm back for the season!
What'd I miss?!
Executive summary of posts, plz, anyone?!

Posted today on our thread

You're probably trolling, but here goes. As someone who grew up in Schenectady, lived in Troy for school, then came back to Schenectady another 4 or so years after that (lived in Western MA), I don't think being a fan of anything in Schenectady and trying to crack on how run down Troy is, is a good use of your time, and neither is cherrypicking your 'evidence' of perception from YouTube. I know plenty of Union alum who wish they could have four years of their life back, as well, and current students of UGC who have said it's basically a ploy to get money out of your pocket. I know people who have loved both institutions as well; I had a wonderful experience at RPI, still do, and would do it again if I could. That all being said, I do not endorse FlagDude's sentiments nor am I supporting any of his drivel, just pointing out that you're not helping yourself and hoping to shed some light on why your rep bar is in the negative oblivion range.

Looks like Matthew is "back for the season" - what is it about our thread that attracts RPI people like honey attracts cockroaches ... he wasted no time heading for our thread. He is the RPI Engineer who wrote last February

"Hey, as a native Schenectadian who grew up 3 blocks from the Union campus... and has a father that WENT TO UNION and is now an RPI hockey fan because the school screwed him and his classmates horribly... hope you are not including me on that too..."

rdf8585
09-18-2014, 06:12 PM
The next team captain remains a mystery, but here's my best guess: http://t.co/yoJNpkshUb

Thoughts?

UnionFan4Life
09-18-2014, 06:24 PM
The next team captain remains a mystery, but here's my best guess: http://t.co/yoJNpkshUb

Thoughts?
I'm going to say Ciampini. I spoke with him at the parade and he is a great kid, he's also a tremendous hockey player.

rdf8585
09-18-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm going to say Ciampini. I spoke with him at the parade and he is a great kid, he's also a tremendous hockey player.

Another deserving choice. I'd guess he ends up as an alternate.

Hokydad
09-18-2014, 08:39 PM
it will be CV

FlagDUDE08
09-19-2014, 07:11 AM
Posted today on the RPI thread

Posted today on our thread

Looks like Matthew is "back for the season" - what is it about our thread that attracts RPI people like honey attracts cockroaches ... he wasted no time heading for our thread. He is the RPI Engineer who wrote last February

"Hey, as a native Schenectadian who grew up 3 blocks from the Union campus... and has a father that WENT TO UNION and is now an RPI hockey fan because the school screwed him and his classmates horribly... hope you are not including me on that too..."

Did you ever think that maybe, as a Schenectadope, he takes an interest in the local team? Just like how a Troylet would take an interest in RPI? ;)

Dutchman
09-19-2014, 11:13 AM
John Buccigross's picks for top 10.

John Buccigross @Buccigross 2h ago
BucciMane #cawlidgehawkey Top Ten

1-Minnesota
2-N.Dakota
3-Colgate
4-BC
5-Providence
6-Miami
7-St Cloud
8-Michigan
9-Ferris St
10-N'Eastern

3 NCHC
3 HE
2 Big10
1 WCHA
1 ECAC

Only 1 ECAC? :mad: Pile of crap if you ask me .... traitor.:mad:

rdf8585
09-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Former Union player Doug Christiansen has been hired by the U.S Hockey League: http://t.co/K9J2rNEMcW

Dutchman
09-22-2014, 06:11 AM
Last year we had 4 lines that could and did score. Do we have the talent this year to build up 4 lines as last year? Here is one possible line-up trying to spread out the talent. This does not include any freshmen. Which freshmen will fit where? Is Roy ready to step up and anchor a line? Who will center the 4th line? What defensemen will lead the rush? If we just had these upperclassmen, how far would we get?

Lines
1. Ciampini - Vecchione - Pontarelli
2. Novak - Roy - Wilkins
3. Cotta - Lichtenwald - Cruice
4. DiPauli - ? - Bennett

D1. Vasaturo - Taylor
D2. Gingras - Henry
D3. Martin - Krug

G1 Stevens
G2 Alex A.

Wholin1
09-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Last year we had 4 lines that could and did score. Do we have the talent this year to build up 4 lines as last year? Here is one possible line-up trying to spread out the talent. This does not include any freshmen. Which freshmen will fit where? Is Roy ready to step up and anchor a line? Who will center the 4th line? What defensemen will lead the rush? If we just had these upperclassmen, how far would we get?

Lines
2. Novak - Roy - Wilkins
3. Coatta - Lichtenwald - Cruice
4. DiPauli - ? - Bennett

D1. Vasaturo - Taylor
D2. Gingras - Henry
D3. Martin - Krug

G1 Stevens
G2 Alex A.

I would be pretty surprised if Roy centered the second line in view of the fact that he hasn't scored a goal in two seasons. I would be equally surprised not to see one or more of the frosh forwards step in immediately. It's all being sorted out as we speak.

Goaliefan
09-22-2014, 09:23 AM
Is it safe to assume that Bennett will be trying out a lot of the freshmen during the PEI game? Wonder who he'll put in goal.

rdf8585
09-22-2014, 10:25 AM
The game at Maine on Oct. 17 will be on one of the Fox College Sports channels.

UnionHockeyManiac
09-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Thinking about making a trip up for the banner raising. Do you guys think it'll be tough to get tickets?

Wholin1
09-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Thinking about making a trip up for the banner raising. Do you guys think it'll be tough to get tickets?I would assume so but check on line at the Athletics website or call the ticket office. As long as you are making the trip, you might as well stick around for the UNH game the next night. That should be a good one.

Dutchman
09-22-2014, 01:57 PM
Thinking about making a trip up for the banner raising. Do you guys think it'll be tough to get tickets?

I checked on-line four days ago and could not find any except single seats. I would call the ticket office. I could only find two seats still available and that was about four days ago. Good luck!!!
Just went on-line -- those seats gone as well ....

Dutchman
09-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Hot off the presses .... could not ask for a more incendiary quote to start the season. Thank you Seth Appert. Hope this gets posted in the Union and Clarkson locker rooms.

Posted on September 10, 2014 by Elizabeth Anderson, Morgan Johnson, Senior Reporter, Staff Reporter

http://poly.rpi.edu/2014/09/10/hockey_fans_show_enthusiasm_for_upcoming__season/

Seth Appert said, speaking about the Union College NCAA win: “I don't want to say I was happy for them, but I was happy for our league.” The schools in the Eastern College Athletic Conference, which Appert says “have the best student athletes, have the kind of kids that have the grades you need to go to these schools,” has become, “the best league in college hockey. Except for Clarkson … They’re certainly not near us in engineering, their graduates are just lucky to get jobs.” Appert said, “A little bit of hatred in sports is a good thing as long as there is respect that goes along with it.”

Seth Appert is the gift that keeps on giving ....

UnionFan4Life
09-22-2014, 07:40 PM

Lines
2. Novak - Roy - Wilkins
3. Cotta - Lichtenwald - Cruice
4. DiPauli - ? - Bennett

D1. Vasaturo - Taylor
D2. Gingras - Henry
D3. Martin - Krug

G1 Stevens
G2 Alex A.
I said this on 4/16/14:

Pre-Parade 2014-15 Lineup Prediction

Ciampini---Vecchione---Scarfo
Wilkins---Lichtenwald---Pontarelli
Cruice---Novak---Shier
Coatta---Ammirato---Bennett

Taylor---Desimone
Gingras---Light
Vasaturo---Henry

Stevens
Alex
Pieri
18 days before 2014-15 Season Lineup Prediction

Cruice---Novak---Shier
Coatta---Roy---Hynes

Vasaturo---Gingras
Taylor---Brassard
Henry---Light

Stevens
Alex
Pieri

Dutchman
09-23-2014, 05:23 AM
I said this on 4/16/14:

18 days before 2014-15 Season Lineup Prediction

Cruice---Novak---Shier
Coatta---Roy---Hynes

Vasaturo---Gingras
Taylor---Brassard
Henry---Light

Stevens
Alex
Pieri

That looks like a solid lineup !!! - but with 5 freshmen?
Can they step up like last years freshmen?
What about DiPauli, Bennett, Martin, Krug ?
Will they they step up their game?

If this years freshmen class can step up like last years ... we will be in good shape. I guess we will know shortly ..... Maine and New Hampshire coming up.

FlagDUDE08
09-23-2014, 06:45 AM
Hot off the presses .... could not ask for a more incendiary quote to start the season. Thank you Seth Appert. Hope this gets posted in the Union and Clarkson locker rooms.

Posted on September 10, 2014 by Elizabeth Anderson, Morgan Johnson, Senior Reporter, Staff Reporter

http://poly.rpi.edu/2014/09/10/hockey_fans_show_enthusiasm_for_upcoming__season/

Seth Appert said, speaking about the Union College NCAA win: “I don't want to say I was happy for them, but I was happy for our league.” The schools in the Eastern College Athletic Conference, which Appert says “have the best student athletes, have the kind of kids that have the grades you need to go to these schools,” has become, “the best league in college hockey. Except for Clarkson … They’re certainly not near us in engineering, their graduates are just lucky to get jobs.” Appert said, “A little bit of hatred in sports is a good thing as long as there is respect that goes along with it.”

Seth Appert is the gift that keeps on giving ....

A little obsessed, are we?