Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
    We've had season tickets since about 1993. I also think the molded seats are uncomfortable - we've only sat in them a couple of times. We sit in the bleachers in Section 3. Great view of the whole ice. We've had the same seats since we started. They give you an opportunity to change your seats when you renew, but we never do.
    Thanks Goaliefan !!! Good Info
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I have had my season tickets for several years in the top row of the bleachers on the west side. The sight lines are excellent and there is the added advantage of a railing behind you to lean against.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Question for you season ticket holders ..... how are the box seats? I have heard they are moulded plastic and can be uncomfotable unless your body is the reference design they made the seats for. Do you have to get a box seat if you are a season ticket holder? They sound like they are better than the benches but by how much?
        No, you do not have to get a box seat if you are a season ticket holder. I sit right behind the bench in a small section, which is prefect for me because the view is fantastic, it's closer to the ice than the box seats, easy to win the chuck-a-puck , and you know everybody in the section for the most part.
        Union College Hockey
        2014 NCAA National Champions
        2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Remember this youtube video from last year?
          "Minnesota Gopher Fan Responds to NCAA Hockey Bracket"
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flpVa3a2fhQ
          I don't think we and the ECAC are considered "cupcakes" any more ......
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I received my season ticket brochure today.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              I received my season ticket brochure today.
              Your mail delivery must be better than mine. Hopefully it'll come tomorrow.
              Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

The brochure can also be printed off Union's website: http://unionathletics.com/documents/...eb.pdf?id=3391

Comment

Interesting Interview with Princetons New Head Coach ....
                  Fogarty Excited to Take Helm of PU Men's Hockey, Vows to Instill Trust, Enthusiasm, in Rebuilding ...
                  http://www.towntopics.com/wordpress/...ilding-tigers/

In the past few years, Princeton has turned around football and mens' wrestling with new coaches. I sensed last year that Princeton's record 6-26, was not indicative of the hockey talent that Princeton had. The ECAC is going to become a little more competitive. I hope Princeton does better in non-conference play than they did last year, 0-5 NC non-ECAC.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Interesting Interview with Princetons New Head Coach ....
                    Fogarty Excited to Take Helm of PU Men's Hockey, Vows to Instill Trust, Enthusiasm, in Rebuilding ...
                    http://www.towntopics.com/wordpress/...ilding-tigers/

In the past few years, Princeton has turned around football and mens' wrestling with new coaches. I sensed last year that Princeton's record 6-26, was not indicative of the hockey talent that Princeton had. The ECAC is going to become a little more competitive. I hope Princeton does better in non-conference play than they did last year, 0-5 NC non-ECAC.
                    Fogarty's success at Adrian reminds one of Ned Harkness' stint at Union, where, right out of the box, he crafted an amazing record. Thereafter, as we know, there is no resemblance to the new Princeton coach.
                    If the Princeton lacrosse success under Bill Tierney is any kind of a template, the Princeton faithful have much to look forward to under this very impressive guy. On paper he looks like a "can't miss."

Comment

I have not done the analysis but my sense is that there is a lot more ECAC vs HE non-conference matchups scheduled for 2014-2015 then in the past. The ECAC finished pairwise with 5 in the top 21 and matched HE in interconference wins so the leagues are somewhat evenly matched as of late. It seems like a good thing for both leagues. Am I right on this? As a Boston fan its great to see us in Cambridge (Harvard) each year but would be spectacular if we could also show up at BU and BC and NE.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I have not done the analysis but my sense is that there is a lot more ECAC vs HE non-conference matchups scheduled for 2014-2015 then in the past. The ECAC finished pairwise with 5 in the top 21 and matched HE in interconference wins so the leagues are somewhat evenly matched as of late. It seems like a good thing for both leagues. Am I right on this? As a Boston fan its great to see us in Cambridge (Harvard) each year but would be spectacular if we could also show up at BU and BC and NE.
                        Speaking just for Clarkson, no - we had 7 last year (vs. UNH in the Ice Breaker, 2 vs. Merrimack @ home, @ Vermont in their tourney, 3 vs. Lowell (1 in Vermont, 2 @ Lowell). 4 this year (home & home w/ Vermont, 2 @ Merrimack).

Of course, we were 1-5-1 in those 7 if I remember right, so not a bad thing for the league
                        Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                        Clarkson 1990

Comment

Considering HE has gone from 7 NC to 14 and now 12 NC games, they're needing to fill them somehow. Although there is a bit of an agreement between HEA and B1G in place.

Comment

Jeff Taylor selected in the 7th round by the Pittsburg Penguins.
                            Union College Hockey
                            2014 NCAA National Champions
                            2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                              Jeff Taylor selected in the 7th round by the Pittsburg Penguins.
                              Nice development for Jeff Taylor. Very talented, hard working and quality young man. He is going to leave his mark on the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                                Nice development for Jeff Taylor. Very talented, hard working and quality young man. He is going to leave his mark on the program.
                                I'll echo these statements. Great kid from a great family.

Comment

Working...
                                X