Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Matt Hatch has also signed with the Flyers.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      In the NCAA Playoffs, Matt Hatch really demonstrated the notion of "TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS" !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ktWQVSs4c
      Last edited by Dutchman; 06-04-2014, 07:00 PM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

That makes 3 players at least that come to mind including lost recruit Johnston, who have gone to Philly in the past two years and I think Mario had an ATO with Adirondack IIRC.

Comment

Got recognized along with Clarkson by the Governor in the buildup to the Stanley Cup. (Reported by CBS News)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/06/...s-kings-final/

“While 2014 is already a banner year for New York State hockey teams with Union College and Clarkson University as national college champions,” Cuomo said in a statement, “the true icing on the cake would be a triumphant return of the Stanley Cup to the Empire State."
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            Matt is one of my all-time favorite Union players. I don't think we've ever had a faster skater in the program. Really proud of Matt, and best of luck in the pros!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
              Matt is one of my all-time favorite Union players. I don't think we've ever had a faster skater in the program. Really proud of Matt, and best of luck in the pros!
              He is absolutely one of the fastest skaters we've had in recent memory. He worked very hard on his game and became a very good all around player. I know it sounds like a broken record, but he is a very nice young man also. Best wishes to him in living his dream of playing pro hockey.

Comment

Just wondering about next year, is it conceivable Tim Boyle will be back. As far as I can tell there is no mention of where he's off to next.

Comment

I know i will be watching the championship game on Watch ESPN over and over again. It will never become cloying. Will it catch up to Casablanca? It is going to take many years, but I would not be surprised!

Comment

Western Michigan released their schedule today, they will be participating in the Notre Dame tourney on 11/28 and 11/29 so they could be a possible opponent if Union is in fact in the ND tourney.

Comment

Next Year, including the 2015 recruits, it looks like we have 28 + 6 (2015) = 34
                      Canadians - 10
                      Massachusetts - 6
                      New York - 5
                      New Jersey - 5
                      Connecticut - 4
                      Illinois - 2
                      Washington - 1
                      Minn - 1
                      Pa - 1
                      Maine - 1
                      There is only one Canadian in the 2015 Class - three of the other five are from elite NE prep schools.
                      Do we recruit in Scandanvia? Russia?
                      Are we all filled up (28) for this year? Can we find some more? Do we have the option of moving 2015 recruits up a year?
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Expect the ND games to be the Shillelaigh tournament. Only other possibly is LSSU doesn't play them.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                          Besides the bookstore, is there any place to buy Union hockey jerseys?
                          Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                          Union College wore Minnesota-made jerseys while beating Gophers for hockey title
                          http://www.bizjournals.com/twincitie...eys-while.html
                          Union College wore jerseys made by a Twin Cities company while beating the University of Minnesota for the NCAA Division I men's hockey championship Saturday.
                          Edina-based Gemini Athletic Wear Inc. manufactures Union's jerseys, and the company's "GA" logo was clearly visible on Union's uniforms during Saturday night's nationally televised game.

http://www.geminiathletic.com/
                          In two months the Book Store should have 150 Adults. These are not going to be the actual authentic (double stitch with the letters and number of a senior, like Ghosts Jersey) but you will not be able to tell much difference. The Book Store will have both colors and various adult sizes. I will continue researching this but to buy other than the bookstore, there are going to be trademark issues so will need the schools permission, minimum orders and the are not cheap. More later.
                          Just a heads up for those still looking for "Official Union College Hockey Jerseys"

You want to go to the Union College Athletics Web Site - Hockey and click on the ON-LINE STORE at the bottom.
                          http://www.unionathletics.com/index.aspx?path=mhockey
                          which should get you here
                          http://store.unionathletics.com/
                          then click on 2013-2014 Authentic game worn Jerseys which should get you here
                          http://store.unionathletics.com/product.aspx?id=875

2013-14 Authentic game worn jerseys. All have frozen four patch on them.
                          Huge collectors item! Not many available. Call me at 518-388-6191 to claim jersey number.
                          All name plates will be removed from jerseys. I will send you them after the player graduates.
                          All maroon jerseys are gone. Only home whites remaining.
                          Numbers left - 3, 5, 6, 10, 19, 20, 26, 28, 31

$350.00
                          Add to Cart

These are being sold by Brian Speck who is an assistant coach for girls soccer, as a fund raiser for the girls soccer team. I purchase 26 (David Roy) and that number is gone. The shirts have everything including the Frozen 4 Patch and the ECAC patch. The name of the player has been removed. Authentic Gemini - home whites are all that are remaining.

Hope this helps
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Dumais rumored to be a finalist at Princeton.
                            UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                              Just a heads up for those still looking for "Official Union College Hockey Jerseys"

You want to go to the Union College Athletics Web Site - Hockey and click on the ON-LINE STORE at the bottom.
                              http://www.unionathletics.com/index.aspx?path=mhockey
                              which should get you here
                              http://store.unionathletics.com/
                              then click on 2013-2014 Authentic game worn Jerseys which should get you here
                              http://store.unionathletics.com/product.aspx?id=875

2013-14 Authentic game worn jerseys. All have frozen four patch on them.
                              Huge collectors item! Not many available. Call me at 518-388-6191 to claim jersey number.
                              All name plates will be removed from jerseys. I will send you them after the player graduates.
                              All maroon jerseys are gone. Only home whites remaining.
                              Numbers left - 3, 5, 6, 10, 19, 20, 26, 28, 31

$350.00
                              Add to Cart

These are being sold by Brian Speck who is an assistant coach for girls soccer, as a fund raiser for the girls soccer team. I purchase 26 (David Roy) and that number is gone. The shirts have everything including the Frozen 4 Patch and the ECAC patch. The name of the player has been removed. Authentic Gemini - home whites are all that are remaining.

Hope this helps
                              When did you find out about this?? I would have definitely bought a maroon one worn in the Frozen Four, but those are all gone. The white ones are the only ones left.

Edit: Just tried to buy #19. That's no longer available. As is #6. Oh well.
                              Last edited by UnionHockeyManiac; 06-12-2014, 03:42 PM.
                              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                                When did you find out about this?? I would have definitely bought a maroon one worn in the Frozen Four, but those are all gone. The white ones are the only ones left.
                                Edit: Just tried to buy #19. That's no longer available. As is #6. Oh well.
                                I did not find this out until the Golf Tournament ... when some of the other members of the Garnet Blades told me. I also got there too late for the maroon.
                                Last edited by Dutchman; 06-12-2014, 03:50 PM.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X