Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

St. Lawrence Schedule - tough non-conference teams. Like us they are most definitely not taking the easy road. They are going to be ready for conference play as well.

http://www.saintsathletics.com/sched...x?path=mhockey

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn676-fLq7I
    Last edited by Dutchman; 05-21-2014, 04:11 PM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Colgate is the ECAC's shot next year IMO. Their big question mark will be Charlie Finn in net. He is a solid goalie that came on very strong at the end of the year but his glove is very weak. A highly skilled offensive team could have a field day on him from what I saw but I'm sure that as we speak he is working on it.

Beyond that the ECAC is wide open to me. You guys lose a lot, Q loses a lot but replaces it with a highly skilled recruiting class that is their best ever, Cornell loses Iles which I believe will be a big loss as he was a top goalie. Yale loses leadership but Lyon is a year older. SLU loses it's entire offense (the Carey's). The ECAC will probably get off to a slow start in non conference, but if the last two years has taught me anything, they'll finish strong.
      Quinnipiac University '15
      ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
      ECAC Championship: 2016
      NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
      Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
        Colgate is the ECAC's shot next year IMO. Their big question mark will be Charlie Finn in net. He is a solid goalie that came on very strong at the end of the year but his glove is very weak. A highly skilled offensive team could have a field day on him from what I saw but I'm sure that as we speak he is working on it.

Beyond that the ECAC is wide open to me. You guys lose a lot, Q loses a lot but replaces it with a highly skilled recruiting class that is their best ever, Cornell loses Iles which I believe will be a big loss as he was a top goalie. Yale loses leadership but Lyon is a year older. SLU loses it's entire offense (the Carey's). The ECAC will probably get off to a slow start in non conference, but if the last two years has taught me anything, they'll finish strong.
        School announced that Coach B has been extended through 2021-2022.

Sweet!

Comment

Union will be at Maine on Oct. 17 and 18: http://bit.ly/1nw3tAF

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeMalloy View Post
            School announced that Coach B has been extended through 2021-2022.

Sweet!
            I was expecting and awaiting an extension announcement. Congrats to RB and great move by AD Jim McLaughlin who also has been hitting on all cylinders of late across most programs. One stat that knocks me out is Rick Bennett's playoff coaching record of 19-2. Wow!

Comment

Here is the
              Ink to the online auction for the Garnet Blades golf tournament next week.

http://unionathletics.com/sports/201...520140130.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                I was expecting and awaiting an extension announcement. Congrats to RB and great move by AD Jim McLaughlin who also has been hitting on all cylinders of late across most programs. One stat that knocks me out is Rick Bennett's playoff coaching record of 19-2. Wow!
                That is great news and agree that McLaughlin has been excellent for the hockey program and the athletic department in general.

but I'll say it again..
                Clap-Clap-ClapClapClap We Want a NEW RINK!!!!
                Clap-Clap-ClapClapClap We Want a NEW RINK!!!!
                UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                  Union will be at Maine on Oct. 17 and 18: http://bit.ly/1nw3tAF
                  I didn't see Notre Dame on our NC schedule. I thought we had two at their place next season?
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    I didn't see Notre Dame on our NC schedule. I thought we had two at their place next season?
                    That's a rumor, but I haven't seen definitive proof. I noted in that post that a couple other OOC games could still come out.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                      That's a rumor, but I haven't seen definitive proof. I noted in that post that a couple other OOC games could still come out.
                      Perhaps you're participating in the Shillelaigh? That's the only time it could happen, given you have the week before off for finals.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Perhaps you're participating in the Shillelaigh? That's the only time it could happen, given you have the week before off for finals.
                        JohnK posted on here in April that Union is "unofficially" at Notre Dame on 11/27-28. So far, everything else he posted then has proven true (though the Maine games are at Maine, not here).

Looks like that weekend in November is the weekend of the Shillelaigh. But Union's participation remains a rumor for the time being.
                        Last edited by rdf8585; 05-22-2014, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                          St. Lawrence Schedule - tough non-conference teams. Like us they are most definitely not taking the easy road. They are going to be ready for conference play as well.

http://www.saintsathletics.com/sched...x?path=mhockey

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn676-fLq7I
                          Not a bad schedule. They are playing Clarkson 4 times during the regular season. Do they do that evey year? I remember when RPI nd Unon did that a few years ago and some fans complained.

Comment

With Memorial Day around the corner, a look at goaltender George Dudley Holmes, the first Union College casualty during World War II:

http://bit.ly/1hgXZ95

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                              Not a bad schedule. They are playing Clarkson 4 times during the regular season. Do they do that evey year? I remember when RPI nd Unon did that a few years ago and some fans complained.
                              We have played SLU in a few non-conference games over the last few years, but not consistently. Some years we have played 1 non-conference, and some years we have played 2. We played in Lake Placid for 2 or 3 years (along with the Union/RPI game once), and have played in Ottawa. We did not play them non-conference this past year; I prefer that we don't and find other teams to play, but that's not always possible.
                              Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                              Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
                                We have played SLU in a few non-conference games over the last few years, but not consistently. Some years we have played 1 non-conference, and some years we have played 2. We played in Lake Placid for 2 or 3 years (along with the Union/RPI game once), and have played in Ottawa. We did not play them non-conference this past year; I prefer that we don't and find other teams to play, but that's not always possible.
                                I also prefer that we not play SLU non-conference but when you can put 3000+ fannies in the seats compared to 2000-2500 for another opponent and you have little to no travel expense you can see why these games are scheduled.
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X